The science and technology of growing living things (plants and animals) for human consumption or use as pets, ornament, food, fiber, or construction material. Includes Forestry, Horticulture and Soil Science. Agriculture Science.
Agriculture is the cultivation of animals, plants and fungi for food, fiber, biofuel, medicinal plants and other products used to sustain and enhance human life. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Agriculture is the cultivation and breeding of animals, plants and fungi for food, fiber, biofuel, medicinal plants and other products used to sustain and enhance life. Agriculture was the key development in the rise of sedentary human civilization, whereby farming of domesticated species created food surpluses that nurtured the development of civilization. The study of agriculture is known as agricultural science. The history of agriculture by humans dates back thousands of years, and its development has been driven and defined by greatly different climates, cultures, and technologies; industrial agriculture based on large-scale monoculture farming has become the dominant agricultural method. Although generally understood to denote the practices of humans, other animals?for example, fungus-growing ants?have also been found to engage in agriculture.
- Agriculture Category
- Aeroponics - Aeroponics is the process of growing plants in an air or mist environment without the use of soil or an aggregate medium. The word "aeroponic" is derived from the Greek meanings of aer and ponos. Aeroponic culture differs from both conventional hydroponics, aquaponics, and in-vitro growing.
- Agricultural engineering - Agricultural engineering is the engineering discipline that studies agricultural production and processing.
- Agricultural robot - Agricultural robots or agbot is a robot deployed for agricultural purposes. The main area of application of robots in agriculture today is at the harvesting stage.
- Agroecology - Agroecology is the study of ecological processes applied to agricultural production systems. The prefix ' refers to agriculture. Bringing ecological principles to bear in agroecosystems can suggest novel management approaches that would not otherwise be considered.
- Building-integrated agriculture - Building-integrated agriculture is the practice of locating high performance hydroponic greenhouse farming systems on and in mixed-use buildings to exploit synergies between the built environment and agriculture.
- Contract farming - Contract farming involves agricultural production being carried out on the basis of an agreement between the buyer and farm producers. Sometimes it involves the buyer specifying the quality required and the price, with the farmer agreeing to deliver at a future date.
- Food industry
- The FieldRobotEvent www
The use of autonomous, FieldRobotEvent, small robots in agriculture is expected to revolutionize field work. Professional, university or school teams are invited to enter their robots for an open-air field contest. FieldRobotEvent.
- European EARD InfoSys www
European Information System on Agricultural Research website. InfoSys. Links and information on research on crops, agricultural, and fisheries topics. EARD InfoSys.
- A The Earth's Carrying Capacity - Some Literature Reviews www
A review spread over hundreds of pages, Earth's Carrying Capacity - Some Literature Reviews, of the global literature on degradation of soils, crop, grazing and forest lands, and fisheries. The Earth's Carrying Capacity - Some Literature Reviews.
- Online Agra-net.com www
Online presence of Agra Informa, Agra-net.com, information specialists on soft commodities, agriculture and food policy, markets and trade. Agra-net.com.
- Carries CIAT: International Center for Tropical Agriculture www
Carries out research into agriculture and crops. International Center for Tropical Agriculture. Details of projects, regional activities, educational information, project databases. CIAT: International Center for Tropical Agriculture.
- AFSIC's Alternative Agriculture Marketing and Business Practices www
AFSIC's overview of marketing and business options for small-scale agricultural producers covers direct marketing, Agriculture Marketing and Business Practices, value-added expertise, commodity data, regulatory programs, business planning tools, subject guides and web sites. Alternative Agriculture Marketing and Business Practices.
- Turkish Agriculture Guide www
Turkish organization aiming to provide information to the public regarding agricultural terms, Guide, techniques, background information, applications and methods. Agriculture Guide.
- Describes U.S. Department of Agriculture www
Describes its main functions, Department of Agriculture, and with a collection of links on current agricultural news and research. U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Provides Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada www
Provides information, and Agri-Food Canada, research and technology, and policies and programs to achieve security of the food system, health of the environment and innovation for growth. Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
- Web-based FoodSHIELD www
Web-based food defence network designed to enable departments of agriculture and health, FoodSHIELD, as well as laboratories, to communicate and coordinate with their peers in the US and Canada. FoodSHIELD.
- Independent National Institute of Agricultural Botany www
Independent UK body specialising in agriculture, Institute of Agricultural Botany, horticulture and food. It supplies a number of services including consultancy, training, and technical advice to governments, supra-governmental agencies, agribusiness and farmers. National Institute of Agricultural Botany.
- Collection EliteFarmer www
Collection of PDF files and links, EliteFarmer, grouped by sector, providing an agricultural portal for products, services and information. EliteFarmer.
- International COST Action 866: Green Care in Agriculture www
International co-operative project to increase scientific knowledge on the best way to implement green care in agriculture, Action 866: Green Care in Agriculture, through research and working groups. COST Action 866: Green Care in Agriculture.
- Part Board on Agriculture and Natural Resources, NAS/NRC www
Board on Agriculture and Natural Resources, NAS/NRC.
- Publishes World Agricultural Group www
Publishes articles on agriculture and related topics as part of a program for agricultural and environmental education intended to provide basic knowledge about the agro-ecosystem and its management. World Agricultural Group.
- Luigi Agricultural Biodiversity Weblog www
Luigi Guarino and Jeremy Cherfas aim to include on this blog, Biodiversity Weblog, nuggets of information on anything that relates to agrobiodiversity, and welcome contributions from others. Agricultural Biodiversity Weblog.
- Food Agriculture 21 www
Food and Agriculture Organization's agriculture website. 21. Includes a news magazine plus guides and links to information on livestock, biotechnology, land/water development, crop production, plant protection, agricultural support systems. Agriculture 21.
- Online Beginning Farmers www
Online resource providing practical information and resources for starting, Farmers, financing and running a small farm. Beginning Farmers.
- News Urban Agriculture News www
News service that provides a review of daily news and publishes monthly newsletters serving the community of practitioners, Agriculture News, developers and theorists that are planning and practicing agriculture within cities. Urban Agriculture News.
- Provides Resource Centre on Urban Agriculture and Forestry www
Provides resources for the integration of agriculture into urban planning. Centre on Urban Agriculture and Forestry. Website holds a number of papers and links to related sites. Resource Centre on Urban Agriculture and Forestry.
- Aims The Small Farm Resource www
Aims to disseminate information of use to people with small farms or rural property. Small Farm Resource. Topics include aquaculture, beekeeping, livestock, orchard and forage crops, and pests. The Small Farm Resource.
- Maps GARDEN-InfoSys+ www
Maps the German landscape of agricultural research for development (ARD) and offers access to German web resources in ARD. GARDEN-InfoSys+. GARDEN-InfoSys+.
- The Institute of Land and Food Resources www
The Institute is a Faculty of the University of Melbourne specialising in agriculture, Land and Food Resources, horticulture, forestry, food and dairy technology and manufacturing. Institute of Land and Food Resources.
- Academic Murray State University School of Agriculture www
Academic programs, State University School of Agriculture, courses, student clubs, rodeo team, equestrian teams, faculty and staff. Includes online courses list. Murray State University School of Agriculture.
- EADGENE European Animal Disease Genomics Network of Excellence for Animal Health and Food Safety www
EADGENE aims to provide the basic knowledge necessary for the development of new or improved therapeutics and vaccines, Animal Disease Genomics Network of Excellence for Animal Health and Food Safety, improved diagnostics and the breeding of farm animals for disease resistance. European Animal Disease Genomics Network of Excellence for Animal Health and Food Safety.
- US Federation of Animal Science Societies www
US society promoting animal agriculture. Animal Science Societies. Details of the society, member directory, newsletters and meetings. Federation of Animal Science Societies.
- Outlines Technology for Duck – Fish Integrated Farming System in Goa www
Outlines the opportunities for increasing the economic potential of fish ponds by using ducks to fertilise the pond so as to produce sufficient food for the fish. Technology for Duck – Fish Integrated Farming System in Goa.
- Information Genetic Computation Ltd www
Information on aquaculture genetics, Computation Ltd, breed improvement and biodiversity conservation, including tilapia, salmon, trout, shrimp, and prawns. Genetic Computation Ltd.
- Consumer About GM www
Consumer information, GM, including the Advisory Committee on Novel Foods and Processes, from the Food Standards Agency, UK. About GM.
- Scientific Belgian Biosafety Server www
Scientific aspects related to the biological safety of human activities carried out using pathogenic and/or genetically-modified organisms. Biosafety Server. Managed by the Scientific Institute of Public Health, Brussels. Belgian Biosafety Server.
- International Tropentag www
International research on food security, Tropentag, natural resource management and rural development. October 7 - 9, 2008 in Stuttgart-Hohenheim Tropentag.
- Conference Integrated Assessment of Agriculture and Sustainable Development (AgSAP) www
Conference aiming to discuss scientific approaches to assess agricultural systems in the context of sustainable development and propose an agenda for future research in this domain. Assessment of Agriculture and Sustainable Development (AgSAP). 10-12 March, 2009 in the Netherlands. Integrated Assessment of Agriculture and Sustainable Development (AgSAP).
- Provides Amaranth www
Provides an overview of this crop, Amaranth, a production guide, information on growing amaranth and pest management advice. Amaranth.
- Factsheet Amaranth www
Factsheet on this crop, Amaranth, its history, uses, varieties and cultivation. Amaranth.
- Alexa: Agriculture Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Agriculture Science
- DMOZ: Agriculture Science
dmoz.org Directory: Agriculture Science