This section lists sites describing major scientific research projects being carried out by individuals or groups of skilled, motivated amateur astronomers. Amateur Contributions to Science Amateur Astronomy Science.
- SETI@home: Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence at Home www
Currently the largest distributed computing effort with over 3 million users. Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence at Home. Participate by running a program that downloads and analyzes radio telescope data. Includes project information, statistics, and forums.
- Features Hellenic Supernova Search Team www
Features a description of supernovae, Supernova Search Team, members, observatory information, sponsors, other projects, gallery, and news. Hellenic Supernova Search Team.
- Dedicated Coddenham Astronomical Observatory www
Dedicated to the search for and research of Supernovae. Coddenham Astronomical Observatory.
- Study The Puckett Observatory www
Study of comets and the discovery of supernovae. The Puckett Observatory.
- A Systemic www
A collaborative effort with public participation to build a statistical model of the galactic planetary census. Systemic.
- Observations MBCAA Observatory www
Observations of variable stars and transient phenomena. MBCAA Observatory.
- Dedicated Extrasolar Planet Search Project www
Dedicated to amateur radial velocity studies. Extrasolar Planet Search Project.
- Shows Derived Statistics for SETI@home www
Shows trends in SETI@home participation. Statistics for SETI@home. Also indicates how recently their pages have been updated. Derived Statistics for SETI@home.
- An The Top Twelve Naked-Eye Variable Stars www
An article by John Isles from Sky and Telescope Magazine. The Top Twelve Naked-Eye Variable Stars.
- Research General Catalog of Variable Stars Research Group www
Research group working on the GCVS, Catalog of Variable Stars Research Group, Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow, Russia. Includes catalogs and publications. General Catalog of Variable Stars Research Group.
- Contains Backyard Astronomer www
Contains sections for equipment, Astronomer, the beginner, books, the solar system and deep sky, web log, and links. Backyard Astronomer.
- Monthly Astronomy a Go Go www
Monthly podcast discussing what can be seen in the night sky. Astronomy a Go Go.
- Alexa: Amateur Contributions to Science Amateur
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Amateur Contributions to Science Amateur
- DMOZ: Amateur Contributions to Science Amateur
dmoz.org Directory: Amateur Contributions to Science Amateur