This section lists sites specifically for amateur telescope making (ATM) as well as any of the parts or accessories belonging to a telescope. Amateur Telescope Making Amateur Astronomy Science.
Amateur Telescope Making ( ATM ) is a series of three books edited by Albert G. Ingalls between 1926 and 1953 while he was an associate editor at Scientific American . (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Amateur Telescope Making is a series of three books edited by Albert G. Ingalls between 1926 and 1953 while he was an associate editor at Scientific American. The books cover various aspects of telescope construction and observational technique, sometimes at quite an advanced level, but always in a way that is accessible to the intelligent amateur. The caliber of the contributions is uniformly high and the books have remained in constant use by both amateurs and professionals.
- Amateur astronomy
- Photos Mike's Telescope Workshop www
Photos and descriptions of binocular stand, Telescope Workshop, several telescopes, solar camera, and links for parts. Mike's Telescope Workshop.
- Information Dave's ATM Page www
Information to add altitude-azimuth controller and unipolar stepper motor controller to a telescope, ATM Page, and directions with drawings and images of individual parts for a ten inch scope. Dave's ATM Page.
- Description, Bill's 14.5 Inch Telescope Making Project www
Description, 14.5 Inch Telescope Making Project, photographs, rebuilding of telescope, making simple lens for reflector, and links. Bill's 14.5 Inch Telescope Making Project.
- Repository The ATM Site www
Repository for resources and techniques by chronological, ATM Site, keyword, or author. The ATM Site.
- FAQ, The Amateur Telescope Makers Email List www
FAQ, Amateur Telescope Makers Email List, managing a subscription, and archives. The Amateur Telescope Makers Email List.
- Articles An Amateur Telescope Maker's Projects www
Articles on various telescope designs. An Amateur Telescope Maker's Projects.
- Features Computer Operated Telescopes www
Features plans and designs for stepper or servo motor layouts as well as features, Operated Telescopes, free software, how-to information, and links. Computer Operated Telescopes.
- Features Weird Telescopes www
Features several unique solutions for telescope issues with images. Weird Telescopes.
- Electronic ATM Letters www
Electronic based Journal with current issue, Letters, past issues, and archives. ATM Letters.
- Background, How Products Are Made: Telescope www
Background, Products Are Made: Telescope, raw materials, and the manufacturing process with references. How Products Are Made: Telescope.
- Equatorial 100% Do It Yourself www
Equatorial table, It Yourself, hydraulic focusing system, stepper motor electronic controls, hydraulic drive, advice to build a telescope, and beginners corner. 100% Do It Yourself.
- Shane LaPierre's ATM Pages www
20" Dobsonian, LaPierre's ATM Pages, 8" versatile newt, cookbook 245 CCD, equipment, images, logs, and links. Shane LaPierre's ATM Pages.
- Mirror Mirror Making and Other Activities by Laurie Hall www
Mirror making, Making and Other Activities by Laurie Hall, the equipment and testing equipment. Mirror Making and Other Activities by Laurie Hall.
- Documents The Octagonal Observatory www
Documents design and building of an observatory for NexStar11 GPS telescope with images. The Octagonal Observatory.
- Information The Construction - Littlebear Observatory www
Information and photos on the construction of the observatory. The Construction - Littlebear Observatory.
- Construction Making and Motorizing of Telescope www
Construction of small newtonian and Mel Bartels system for computer control. Making and Motorizing of Telescope.
- Plans San Francisco Sidewalk Astronomers: Building Telescopes www
Plans and how-to's for building a Dobsonian telescope, Francisco Sidewalk Astronomers: Building Telescopes, solar filter, and mirror-making techniques. San Francisco Sidewalk Astronomers: Building Telescopes.
- Oak Al's Custom Telescope Accessories www
Oak tripod, Custom Telescope Accessories, tripod accessories, leg kits, feedback, and links. Al's Custom Telescope Accessories.
- List Astronomy and Telescope Making www
List of projects, and Telescope Making, mirror testing, do it yourself projects, CCD imaging and techniques, and Messier observations. Astronomy and Telescope Making.
- Information A Photovisual Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope www
Information acquired during design and construction of a 7. Photovisual Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope.5" aperture F8. A Photovisual Maksutov Cassegrain Telescope.
- Telescope Got Grit? www
Telescope mirror making supplies and tutorials. Grit?. Got Grit?.
- Building Foucault Tester www
Building a tester with a unique return mechanism, Tester, simplistic in design and very practical, enables the user to obtain highly accurate results. Foucault Tester.
- Plans Scope Making www
Plans and instructions for building a Dobsonian, Making, refractor, wooden tripod, eyepieces and other accessories. Scope Making.
- Areas The ATM's Workshop www
Areas covered include optics, ATM's Workshop, woodworking, metalworking, electronics, programming, and telescope equipment, and tips and techniques. The ATM's Workshop.
- Construction Astral Weeks www
Construction of reflector, Weeks, refractor, and mini solar cam with images, and astro images. Astral Weeks.
- Construction Poor Meadow Dyke Observatory www
Construction details with images of Dobsonian, Meadow Dyke Observatory, GEM reflector, portable Dobsonian, 20" goto scope, dome, and 20" goto Dobsonian. Poor Meadow Dyke Observatory.
- Simple Stellafane ATM Pages www
Simple and proven techniques that most appropriate for the beginner and the novice mirror and telescope makers. Stellafane ATM Pages.
- Gallery, Star Echoes www
Gallery, Echoes, articles, about the author, and links. Star Echoes.
- Gallery David's Astronomical Page www
Gallery of images, Astronomical Page, equipment information, astrophotography tips and astronomical calculators. David's Astronomical Page.
- The Telescopes - Dobsonian Mount www
The mount with an introduction, Dobsonian Mount, plans and details. Telescopes - Dobsonian Mount.
- Article Building the PAC Telescope www
Article featuring information on building a truss-tube Dobsonian with pictures, the PAC Telescope, description, and costs for Prairie Astronomy Club. Building the PAC Telescope.
- Powerful Modern Optical Design and Analysis Software www
Powerful optical design library, Optical Design and Analysis Software, and showing features, slide show, download, and register areas. Modern Optical Design and Analysis Software.
- Based Java Based Optical Design and Analysis Software www
Based on telescope design program MODAS, Based Optical Design and Analysis Software, can design and analyze one mirror and classical two or three mirror telescopes, one mirror catadioptric systems, two mirror catadioptric systems, doublets and triplets, and includes applets. Java Based Optical Design and Analysis Software.
- Experimental Sundial, Calendar and Khmer Temples www
Experimental astronomy applied on research of solar orientation of the temples in SE-Asia. Sundial, Calendar and Khmer Temples.
- Project The Silicon Sky www
Project links, Silicon Sky, weather, comet observing, interest links, minor planets, and resources. The Silicon Sky.
- Alexa: Amateur Telescope Making Amateur
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Amateur Telescope Making Amateur
- DMOZ: Amateur Telescope Making Amateur
dmoz.org Directory: Amateur Telescope Making Amateur