Web sites for individuals who are new to astronomy, usually providing "how to" watch stars or what equipment is needed, or what to look for in the skies at night. Beginners Amateur Astronomy Science.
Beginners is a 2010 American romantic comedy-drama film written and directed by Mike Mills. It tells the story of Oliver, a man reflecting on the life and death of his father, Hal, while trying to forge a new romantic relationship with a woman, Anna, dealing with father issues of her own. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Beginners is a 2010 American romantic comedy-drama film written and directed by Mike Mills. It tells the story of Oliver, a man reflecting on the life and death of his father, Hal, while trying to forge a new romantic relationship with a woman, Anna, dealing with father issues of her own. The film is based on the true-life coming out of Mills' father at the age of 75, five years before his death.
- Alliance Films films
- LGBT romance films
- Films about widowhood
- LGBT-related films based on actual events
- Films directed by Mike Mills
- Films featuring a Best Supporting Actor Academy Award-winning performance
- Films about cancer
- Films set in the 2000s
- Films about old age
- Focus Features films
- Films about death
- The Heretic's Guide to Choosing and Buying your First Telescope www
Information first-time telescope buyers with a detailed FAQ and suggested telescopes, Heretic's Guide to Choosing and Buying your First Telescope, vendors, books, videos, and software.
- The Astronomy: The Voyage www
The Nave Theory, The Voyage, images, and Area 51 information. Astronomy: The Voyage.
- Booklet Astronomy - An Introduction to Sky Watching www
Booklet by Astronomical Society of South Australia that discusses activities, An Introduction to Sky Watching, types of objects to observe, how to get started, and advanced activities. Astronomy - An Introduction to Sky Watching.
- Designed Astronomy and Astrophotography for the Non-Gazillionaire www
Designed for the amateur and beginner on a budget consisting of articles, and Astrophotography for the Non-Gazillionaire, gallery, and mission statement. Astronomy and Astrophotography for the Non-Gazillionaire.
- Archived Ask the Astronomer www
Archived questions about astronomy and space science especially for the beginner. Ask the Astronomer.
- Dedicated Star Gazer www
Dedicated to the stars and galaxies with resources and links. Star Gazer.
- Guide Astronomy Today - Telescope Buyers' FAQ www
Guide for buying and using amateur telescopes, Today - Telescope Buyers' FAQ, accessories, vendors, and various resources. Astronomy Today - Telescope Buyers' FAQ.
- Tips For the Beginner www
Tips for getting started in astronomy. For the Beginner.
- Discusses So You Wanna Buy a Telescope www
Discusses telescopes, You Wanna Buy a Telescope, types, buying, and accessories. So You Wanna Buy a Telescope.
- Guide Beginner's Guide to Astronomy www
Guide to getting started as an amateur astronomer. Beginner's Guide to Astronomy.
- A Skywatch www
A calendar of events of upcoming aurora, Skywatch, meteor showers, eclipses, and planets. Skywatch.
- Information Amateur Astronomer's Notebook www
Information on naked eye observations, Astronomer's Notebook, first time telescope buyers, equipment and software reviews, and general information. Amateur Astronomer's Notebook.
- Information Astronomy for Beginners www
Information on basics, for Beginners, equipment, what to see, astrophotography, and links. Astronomy for Beginners.
- The Amateur Astronomy www
The role of the amateur astronomer, Astronomy, and possible contributions within different fields. Amateur Astronomy.
- Information Astrocentral - Beginner's Guide to Astronomy www
Information for beginners with an introduction to astronomy, Beginner's Guide to Astronomy, starhopping, and first telescope. Astrocentral - Beginner's Guide to Astronomy.
- Information The Astrogirl Homepage www
Information on the sky, Astrogirl Homepage, clubs, reading, astronomy basics, tips, software, astrophotography, and links. The Astrogirl Homepage.
- Guides Northern Virginia Astronomy Club - Resources www
Guides for getting started in astronomy. Northern Virginia Astronomy Club - Resources.
- Tutorials Small Telescope Astronomy www
Tutorials on telescope designs, Telescope Astronomy, some basic astronomy theory, and amateur astronomy projects for the beginner or owner of modest equipment. Small Telescope Astronomy.
- A Astrocentral www
A beginner's guide to astronomy with emphasis on the solar system. Astrocentral.
- Information The Astronomy Nexus www
Information created or compiled that can be viewed in one place, Astronomy Nexus, and includes general information, 3D universe, encyclopedia of suns, gadget FAQ, virtual Messier, s.a.a. FAQ, and urban Herschel 400. The Astronomy Nexus.
- Introduction, Astronomy for the Absolute Beginner www
Introduction, for the Absolute Beginner, getting started, telescopes and accessories, what to expect, books, software, and links. Astronomy for the Absolute Beginner.
- Beginners' Astronomy by Frank www
Beginners' guides for buying a telescope and astrophotography. Astronomy by Frank.
- From Articles with Advice for Beginning Amateur Astronomers www
From advice, with Advice for Beginning Amateur Astronomers, building, clothing, observation, and alignment. Articles with Advice for Beginning Amateur Astronomers.
- Discussion Telescopes www
Discussion of two types for beginners, Telescopes, the reflector and the refractor. Telescopes.
- Information Beginning Astronomy www
Information on getting started, Astronomy, binoculars,first telescope, and expanding horizons. Beginning Astronomy.
- Realistic Telescope Simulator www
Realistic views of what you will see with different telescopes and eyepieces, Simulator, and links. Telescope Simulator.
- Offers Observational Astronomy www
Offers information on learning about astronomical objects and then viewing the objects through use of the eye or with various optics. Observational Astronomy.
- Gallery, Sights Above www
Gallery, Above, equipment, audio-video, log, accessories, telescope 101, and links. Sights Above.
- Learning The Beginner www
Learning the basics of astronomy, Beginner, observing, and equipment. The Beginner.
- Article Sky & Telescope: How to Start Right in Astronomy www
Article discussing ways to getting started and learning astronomy. Sky & Telescope: How to Start Right in Astronomy.
- Advice Telescopes www
Advice on buying a telescope, Telescopes, beginner's advice, eyepieces, and care and setup of telescope and accessories. Telescopes.
- Shows Size of Solar System www
Shows Solar System true to scale. Solar System. Helps realize the vastness of distances between planets compared to planet sizes. Size of Solar System.
- Learn Infrared Imaging www
Learn about infrared imaging by viewing a variety of objects in the infrared. Infrared Imaging.
- Skynotes, Night Sky Observer www
Skynotes, Sky Observer, weather, articles, equipment, software, images, shop, ezine, and links. Night Sky Observer.
- This What's Up: The Observatory in Eilat www
This month by month with images and information on the moon, Up: The Observatory in Eilat, Jupiter, and Saturn. What's Up: The Observatory in Eilat.
- Alexa: Beginners Amateur
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Beginners Amateur
- DMOZ: Beginners Amateur
dmoz.org Directory: Beginners Amateur