This section specifically lists sites of amateur observatories. Observatories Amateur Astronomy Science.
An observatory is a location used for observing terrestrial or celestial events. Astronomy, climatology / meteorology, geology, oceanography and volcanology are examples of disciplines for which observatories have been constructed. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An observatory is a location used for observing terrestrial or celestial events. Astronomy, climatology/meteorology, geophysical, oceanography and volcanology are examples of disciplines for which observatories have been constructed. Historically, observatories were as simple as containing an astronomical sextant or Stonehenge.
- Equatorial room - An equatorial room, in astronomical observatories, is the room which contains an equatorial mounted telescope.
- Fundamental station - A fundamental point is the geometric origin of a geodetic network and defines the geodetic datum of a national survey.
- Ground station - A ground station, earth station, or earth terminal is a terrestrial radio station designed for extraplanetary telecommunication with spacecraft, or reception of radio waves from astronomical radio sources. Ground stations may be located either on the surface of the Earth, or in its atmosphere.
- Observatory Street , Oxford, England.
- Space observatory - A space telescope or space observatory is an instrument located in outer space to observe distant planets, galaxies and other astronomical objects. Space telescopes avoid many of the problems of ground-based observatories, such as light pollution and distortion of electromagnetic radiation.
- Telescope - A telescope is an optical instrument that aids in the observation of remote objects by collecting electromagnetic radiation. The first known practical telescopes were invented in the Netherlands at the beginning of the 17th century, by using glass lenses.
- Scientific observation
- Observatory David's Astronomy Pages www
Observatory construction, Astronomy Pages, telescope use, astronomical observations and images, and CCD imaging. David's Astronomy Pages.
- Observatory Cradle-Ribeiro Observatory www
Observatory and equipment information, Observatory, shows, images, and links. Cradle-Ribeiro Observatory.
- Observatory, Cymbeline Observatory www
Observatory, Observatory, equipment, observations, and links. Cymbeline Observatory.
- Recent Grimee Observatory www
Recent images, Observatory, gallery, equipment, observatory, links, and site map. Grimee Observatory.
- An Celescina Ramah, New Mexico Observatory www
An amateur astronomical observatory at Pine Meadows Ranch, Ramah, New Mexico Observatory, Ramah, dedicated to remote observation and scouting of supernovae. Celescina Ramah, New Mexico Observatory.
- Information Whitepeak Lunar Observatory www
Information on observing aids, Lunar Observatory, equipment reviews, planetary geology, optical topics, and lunar imaging tutorial. Whitepeak Lunar Observatory.
- Notes Astronomy The Radioactive Way www
Notes on building an observatory with a remotely controlled roof and getting to grips with imaging. Astronomy The Radioactive Way.
- A Paw Paw Observatory www
A privately-owned observatory located in the Mendota Hills of Northwestern Illinois. Paw Paw Observatory.
- Observatory, The Cosmos Observatory www
Observatory, Cosmos Observatory, equipment, gallery, research, and techniques. The Cosmos Observatory.
- Public Sasteria: Observatory on Crete www
Public observatory in the south of Crete. Observatory on Crete. 4 telescopes available. Sasteria: Observatory on Crete.
- Detailed Ash Observatory www
Detailed description of the construction with images, Observatory, including tips and tricks, image galleries, reviews, and links. Ash Observatory.
- Observatory Red Barn Observatory www
Observatory photos, Barn Observatory, galleries, and SOHO information,. Red Barn Observatory.
- The See View Observatory www
The organization, View Observatory, images, general interest and knowledge, news, and links. See View Observatory.
- News, The Warner and Swasey Observatory www
News, Warner and Swasey Observatory, online interface, references, gallery, data download, archive, and software. The Warner and Swasey Observatory.
- News, European Southern Observatory www
News, Southern Observatory, facilities and operations, projects, activities, general information, outreach activities, and information technology. European Southern Observatory.
- Visual Astronomical Observatory www
Visual and CCD photomety, Observatory, including classic and digital astrophotography. Presents equipment and resources. Located near Plomin in eastern Istria, Croatia. Astronomical Observatory.
- Blogging Star Stryder www
Blogging the sky one sidereal day at a time. Star Stryder.
- Alexa: Observatories Amateur
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Observatories Amateur
- DMOZ: Observatories Amateur
dmoz.org Directory: Observatories Amateur