Botany is a branch of biology and is the scientific study of plant life and development. It includes study of the structure, growth, reproduction, metabolism, development, diseases and chemical properties of plants and the evolutionary relationships between the different groups. Botany Biology Science.
Botany originated in prehistory as herbalism with the efforts of early humans to identify – and later cultivate – edible, medicinal and poisonous plants, making it one of the oldest branches of science. (wikipedia)
- Botany The science of plant life and a branch of biology. A botanist or plant scientist is a...
- Botany, New South Wales A suburb in south-eastern Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia.
- Botany 500 A brand of menswear and suits that was originally part of a firm based in New York City.
- Bo?any A village and municipality in the Trebi?ov District in the Ko?ice Region of eastern Slovakia.
- Botany Boyz A rap group from Houston, Texas, United States.
- Botany (journal) A monthly peer-reviewed scientific journal that has been published since 1951 by NRC Research Press.
- Botany Bay Meanings See related meanings for the phrase 'Botany Bay'.
- Contains Glossary of Botanical Terms www
Contains more than 2, Botanical Terms,500 terms relating to botany, gardening, horticulture and landscape architecture. Fully searchable and it is regularly updated. Glossary of Botanical Terms.
- Collection Botanical Society of America Image Collection www
Collection of 14 sets of educational images for instructional use, Society of America Image Collection, with search capability. Botanical Society of America Image Collection.
- A About.com: Botany www
A page of links and articles. About.com: Botany.
- Articles Suite101: Botany www
Articles on a wide range of plant topics for teachers, Botany, students, amateur naturalists and general readers. Suite101: Botany.
- A Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation www
A division of Carnegie Mellon University. Institute for Botanical Documentation. Archives, research, art, and information about the institute are included. Hunt Institute for Botanical Documentation.
- Intended Plant Tissue Culture Information Exchange www
Intended to give researchers, Tissue Culture Information Exchange, teachers and producers rapid access to information about plant tissue culture. Plant Tissue Culture Information Exchange.
- Collaborative Center for Plant Conservation www
Collaborative organization dedicated to conserving and restoring the rare native plants of the United States. for Plant Conservation. Includes information on conservation techniques. Center for Plant Conservation.
- Includes Botany Encyclopedia www
Includes a botanical dictionary, Encyclopedia, advice for gardeners, and a store selling plants. Botany Encyclopedia.
- Source Agriculture Knowledgebase www
Source for information on topics related to agriculture, Knowledgebase, biotechnology and allied areas including plant breeding, genetics, seed technology and tissue culture. Agriculture Knowledgebase.
- Database Botanical Publications Database www
Database of publications used to verify the entry of publication names in the Harvard Herbaria catalog. Botanical Publications Database.
- Provides Bioversity International www
Provides information, International, publications and news on a range of subjects including agricultural ecosystems, genebanks, germplasm collection, crop wild relatives and neglected and underutilized species. Bioversity International.
- Emphasis Ohio State University - Plant Biology www
Emphasis is on plant cell and molecular biology, State University - Plant Biology, developmental biology, physiology, biochemistry, and biotechnology. Ohio State University - Plant Biology.
- Includes North Carolina State University - Department of Botany www
Includes a description of the history of the department, Carolina State University - Department of Botany, information on graduate and undergraduate programs, a calendar, and links. North Carolina State University - Department of Botany.
- A The Earth's Carrying Capacity - Some Literature Reviews www
A review spread over hundreds of pages, Earth's Carrying Capacity - Some Literature Reviews, of the global literature on degradation of soils, crop, grazing and forest lands, and fisheries. The Earth's Carrying Capacity - Some Literature Reviews.
- Aims The Small Farm Resource www
Aims to disseminate information of use to people with small farms or rural property. Small Farm Resource. Topics include aquaculture, beekeeping, livestock, orchard and forage crops, and pests. The Small Farm Resource.
- To American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB) www
To promote the growth and development of plant biology, Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB), to encourage and publish research in plant biology, and to promote the interests and growth of plant scientists in general American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB).
- IASPRR International Association for Sexual Plant Reproduction Research www
IASPRR aims to stimulate scientific research in the field of plant reproduction and related subjects and promote the application of the results of such research in agriculture and forestry. Association for Sexual Plant Reproduction Research. Provides information on congresses, membership and the journal. International Association for Sexual Plant Reproduction Research.
- Personal What Makes a Good Botanical Center www
Personal reviews of botanical gardens, Makes a Good Botanical Center, with links. What Makes a Good Botanical Center.
- Biographies Plant Explorers www
Biographies of famous, Explorers, and not so famous, explorers and plant explorers, with information from botanical gardens and plant clubs around the world. Plant Explorers.
- Research Will Cook www
Research Associate at Duke University. Cook. Includes listings and a key, with photographs, of trees in North Carolina. Will Cook.
- A Plant Biotechnology www
A review by Ralf Reski on development, Biotechnology, genetics and molecular biology of the moss Physcomitrella patens. Plant Biotechnology.
- Information Bryomonitor www
Information about, Bryomonitor, and software for, a computer program for biomonitoring disturbance and regeneration of neotropical rainforests using bryophytes as indicators. Bryomonitor.
- Alexa: Botany Biology
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Botany Biology
- DMOZ: Botany Biology
dmoz.org Directory: Botany Biology