Chemistry is typically defined as the science that studies the composition, structure, and transformation of matter. It has been called "the central science" because of the way it is related with all the other sciences. Chemistry bridges the gap between physics and biology; it is a "helper science" in almost many technical disciplines; and it occupies a prominent position in industry between the extraction of raw materials and the manufacture of finished products. Of course, it is chemists who call it this way; other scientists may have different perspectives. Chemistry is also distinguished from some other sciences because it creates its own object of study: chemists can imagine and create new compounds that have never existed in nature, so they are not constrained to what already exists, but only to what can be done. Chemistry Science.
Chemistry is a branch of physical science that studies the composition, structure, properties and change of matter. (wikipedia)
- Chemistry A branch of physical science that studies the composition, structure, properties and change...
- Chemistry (relationship) A simple "emotion" that two people get when they share a special connection.
- Advanced Placement Chemistry A course and examination offered by the College Board as a part of the Advanced Placement Program...
- Chemistry (word) In the history of science, the etymology of the word chemistry is debatable.
- Chemistry (2009 film) A 2009 Malayalam film by Viji Thampi based on a true story about a high school student.
- Chemistry (band) A Japanese pop duo, composed of and.
- Chemistry.com Chemistry.com is an online dating service.
- Chemical Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Chemical'.
- International University Chemistry Departments www
A collaborative project where each country is indexed by a webmaster in that country. University Chemistry Departments.
- Discussion Chemical Forums www
Discussion boards for all areas of chemistry, Forums, at levels ranging from high school to graduate school and practicing chemists. Site also includes web directory, periodic table, articles, and reference tables. Chemical Forums.
- Project BlueObelisk www
Project to develop resources for chemistry based around the concepts of open data, BlueObelisk, open standards and open source. Members list, details of activities, mailing list, news, and publications. BlueObelisk.
- A Sci.Chem FAQ www
A fairly comprehensive list of frequently asked questions and answers about chemistry and related topics. Sci.Chem FAQ.
- Short The Periodic Table of Videos - University of Nottingham www
Short streaming videos about most every element on the periodic table. The Periodic Table of Videos - University of Nottingham.
- Weblog Molecule of the Day www
Weblog explains the relationship between chemistry and real life to non-chemists. Molecule of the Day.
- Site CHEMINFO: Chemical Information Sources from Indiana University www
Site designed to help people find and learn how to use chemical information resources on the Internet and elsewhere. Chemical Information Sources from Indiana University. Email discussion list available. CHEMINFO: Chemical Information Sources from Indiana University.
- Provides Hacettepe University: Department of Chemistry www
Provides information on the Department, University: Department of Chemistry, the programs, the personnel and research. Hacettepe University: Department of Chemistry.
- US Creative Methods www
US Air Quality Gradebook, Methods, which grades US counties A-F on 20 EPA measures of air quality. Creative Methods.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Catalysis www
Encyclopedia entry providing definition of catalysis and related terms, Catalysis, history, and an overview of important catalytic processes. Wikipedia: Catalysis.
- Describes Lehigh University: Operando www
Describes a facility for spectroscopic characterization of catalysts under realistic reaction conditions with simultaneous real-time online analysis of reaction products. University: Operando. Overview of techniques and research projects. Lehigh University: Operando.
- Comprehensive Organic Reactions on Wiley InterScience www
Comprehensive database of important synthetic reactions, Reactions on Wiley InterScience, with all published examples of the topic reactions. Organic Reactions on Wiley InterScience.
- Free Thermochemistry Resource www
Free database containing thermochemistry data for over 400 compounds relevant to high-temperature processes used in materials synthesis. Resource. Searching by molecular formula. Thermochemistry Resource.
- The NASA Technical Report Server (NTRS) www
The Program's mission is to collect, Technical Report Server (NTRS), archive, and disseminate NASA technical information for access by students, educators, and the public. NASA Technical Report Server (NTRS).
- Articles, Entropylaw.com www
Articles, Entropylaw.com, references, and links providing an up-to-date account of entropy, the second law of thermodynamics, and their profound significance from physics and biology to cognition and psychology. Entropylaw.com.
- A UK Chemical Reaction Hazards Forum www
A source of previously unpublicized chemical incidents to further the wider knowledge of chemical safety. UK Chemical Reaction Hazards Forum.
- Symbols Chemical Hazard Symbols (European/International Standard) www
Chemical Hazard Symbols (European/International Standard).
- Alexa: Chemistry Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Chemistry Science
- DMOZ: Chemistry Science
dmoz.org Directory: Chemistry Science