Chemistry is typically defined as the science that studies the composition, structure, and transformation of matter. It has been called "the central science" because of the way it is related with all the other sciences. Chemistry bridges the gap between physics and biology; it is a "helper science" in almost many technical disciplines; and it occupies a prominent position in industry between the extraction of raw materials and the manufacture of finished products. Of course, it is chemists who call it this way; other scientists may have different perspectives. Chemistry is also distinguished from some other sciences because it creates its own object of study: chemists can imagine and create new compounds that have never existed in nature, so they are not constrained to what already exists, but only to what can be done. Chemistry Science.
Chemistry is a branch of physical science that studies the composition, structure, properties and change of matter. (wikipedia)
- Chemistry The scientific discipline involved with compounds composed of atoms, i.e. elements, and...
- Advanced Placement Chemistry A course and examination offered by the College Board as a part of the Advanced Placement Program...
- Chemistry (relationship) A simple "emotion" that two people get when they share a special connection.
- Chemistry (word) In the history of science, the etymology of the word chemistry is debatable.
- Chemistry (2009 film) A 2009 Malayalam film by Viji Thampi based on a true story about a high school student.
- Chemistry (band) A Japanese pop duo, consists of and.
- Chemistry.com Chemistry.com is an online dating service.
- Chemical Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Chemical'.
- A Sci.Chem FAQ www
A fairly comprehensive list of frequently asked questions and answers about chemistry and related topics. Sci.Chem FAQ.
- Weblog Molecule of the Day www
Weblog explains the relationship between chemistry and real life to non-chemists. Molecule of the Day.
- Short The Periodic Table of Videos - University of Nottingham www
Short streaming videos about most every element on the periodic table. The Periodic Table of Videos - University of Nottingham.
- Project BlueObelisk www
Project to develop resources for chemistry based around the concepts of open data, BlueObelisk, open standards and open source. Members list, details of activities, mailing list, news, and publications. BlueObelisk.
- Site CHEMINFO: Chemical Information Sources from Indiana University www
Site designed to help people find and learn how to use chemical information resources on the Internet and elsewhere. Chemical Information Sources from Indiana University. Email discussion list available. CHEMINFO: Chemical Information Sources from Indiana University.
- Discussion Chemical Forums www
Discussion boards for all areas of chemistry, Forums, at levels ranging from high school to graduate school and practicing chemists. Site also includes web directory, periodic table, articles, and reference tables. Chemical Forums.
- Middle METU Chemistry Department www
Middle East Technical University. Chemistry Department. Includes information on staff and courses. METU Chemistry Department.
- Lists School of Chemistry, Tel Aviv University www
Lists staff members and research areas. Chemistry, Tel Aviv University. Provides information for prospective applicants. School of Chemistry, Tel Aviv University.
- US Creative Methods www
US Air Quality Gradebook, Methods, which grades US counties A-F on 20 EPA measures of air quality. Creative Methods.
- Describes Lehigh University: Operando www
Describes a facility for spectroscopic characterization of catalysts under realistic reaction conditions with simultaneous real-time online analysis of reaction products. University: Operando. Overview of techniques and research projects. Lehigh University: Operando.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Catalysis www
Encyclopedia entry providing definition of catalysis and related terms, Catalysis, history, and an overview of important catalytic processes. Wikipedia: Catalysis.
- Online CHEMnetBASE www
Online access to major chemical reference works from Chapman and Hall/CRC including Combined Chemical Dictionary (CCD), CHEMnetBASE, The Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, Polymers: A Property Database, Properties of Organic Compounds. CHEMnetBASE.
- All Organic Synthesis series www
All annual volumes of Organic Syntheses in ISIS/Base format. Synthesis series. Checked and edited experimental synthetic procedures. Organic Synthesis series.
- Information Cheresources.com www
Information about many chemical engineering topics. Cheresources.com.
- The Chemical Science Division - Oak Ridge National Laboratory www
The mission is to create solutions to a broad spectrum of separations and chemical processing needs. Chemical Science Division - Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
- An S-Phrases www
An index of the "S" Phrases. S-Phrases. Used in European labs. S-Phrases.
- Offers Scientific and Forensic Services Inc www
Offers consultative, and Forensic Services Inc, investigative, scientific, trial and litigation support services and expertise. Scientific and Forensic Services Inc.
- Alexa: Chemistry Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Chemistry Science
- DMOZ: Chemistry Science
dmoz.org Directory: Chemistry Science