The Latin letter 'E' differs little from its source, the Greek letter epsilon, 'Ε'. This in turn comes from the Semitic letter hê , which has been suggested to have started as a praying or calling human figure ( hillul 'jubilation'), and was probably based on a similar Egyptian hieroglyph that indicated a different pronunciation. (wikipedia)
- E The fifth letter and the second vowel in the modern English alphabet and the ISO basic Latin...
- A letter of the Latin alphabet.
- E number E numbers are codes for substances that are permitted to be used as food additives for use within...
- Haplogroup E (mtDNA) A human mitochondrial DNA haplogroup typical for the Malay Archipelago.
- E-layer The Kennelly?Heaviside layer, named after Arthur E. Kennelly and Oliver Heaviside, also known as...
- e (mathematical constant) A mathematical constant, approximately equal to 2.71828, which appears in many different settings...
- E (complexity) The set of decision problems that can be solved by a deterministic Turing machine in time 2O and...
- E (musical note) The third note of the C major scale, and mi in fixed-do solf ge.
- E! E! is an American basic cable and satellite television channel that is owned by the NBCUniversal...
- E Township, Maine An unincorporated township located in Aroostook County, Maine, United States.
- E language A Tai?Chinese mixed language spoken primarily in Rongshui Miao Autonomous County, Guangxi, China.
- Research NASA - Earth Science Division www
Research center focusing on ecosystem science technology, Earth Science Division, atmospheric physics and chemistry, and airborne sensors. Includes list of research projects, discoveries, education outreach efforts, news, seminars, and publications. NASA - Earth Science Division.
- Scope National Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources www
Scope includes atmospheric sciences, Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources, climate, oceanography, solid-earth sciences, radioactive waste management, polar research, environmental science and toxicology, natural disasters, and water science. Commission reports cover scientific/technical aspects of public policy issues in these areas. National Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources.
- Japan Earthquake Resistance Committee (Japan) www
Japan Society of Civil Engineers Special Task Committee of Earthquake Resistance of Civil Engineering Structures' activities information. Resistance Committee (Japan). Earthquake Resistance Committee (Japan).
- Offers Portland State University: infraStructure Testing and Applied Research (iSTAR) Lab www
Offers a wide range of seismic, State University: infraStructure Testing and Applied Research (iSTAR) Lab, structural, and vibration evaluations utilizing one of the largest shake tables in the Northwest as well as other analytical techniques like finite element analysis. Portland State University: infraStructure Testing and Applied Research (iSTAR) Lab.
- Satellite NASA Earth Observatory www
Satellite imagery of volcanoes and earthquakes. NASA Earth Observatory.
- Technical Automatic Monitoring of Regional Seismic Events www
Technical paper describing an approach to automatic, Monitoring of Regional Seismic Events, real-time monitoring of regional seismic events, based on the theory of pulse propagation in a randomly stratified medium with waveguides. Automatic Monitoring of Regional Seismic Events.
- Offers Echinoderm Envenomations www
Offers detailed information about venomous echinoderms, Envenomations, as well as images of poisonous species. Echinoderm Envenomations.
- Provides Echinoderm Portal www
Provides information on echinoderm research in Sweden and at the Swedish Museum of Natural History. Echinoderm Portal.
- Archives Ecolog-L www
Archives and subscription management for the Ecological Society of America's e-mail group for ecology news, Ecolog-L, jobs postings, and discussion. Ecolog-L.
- Organization's USA National Phenology Network www
Organization's goal is to facilitate collection and dissemination of data on the timing of life cycle events of plants and animals. National Phenology Network. Site includes description of protocols and methods, news items, and links to other resources. USA National Phenology Network.
- Designed Econometric Resources on the Net www
Designed to assist econometrics students and practicing econometricians, Resources on the Net, by John Kane. Econometric Resources on the Net.
- A Xbeta www
A MathML-enabled wiki about econometrics, Xbeta, statistics, mathematics, and scientific computing. Xbeta.
- Alexa: E Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: E Science
- DMOZ: E Science
dmoz.org Directory: E Science