Earth science, also known as geoscience, is the study of the physical properties of the land, atmosphere, inland waters and oceans on earth. Earth Sciences Science.
Earth science or geoscience is an all-encompassing term that refers to the fields of science dealing with planet Earth. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Earth science or geoscience is a widely embraced term for the fields of science related to the planet Earth. It is the branch of science dealing with the physical constitution of the earth and its atmosphere. Earth science is the study of our planet's physical characteristics, from earthquakes to raindrops, and floods to fossils. Earth science can be considered to be a branch of planetary science, but with a much older history. "Earth science" is a broad term that encompasses four main branches of study, each of which is further broken down into more specialized fields.
- Earth sciences graphics software - Earth sciences graphics software is a plotting and image processing software used in atmospheric sciences, meteorology, climatology, oceanography and other Earth science disciplines.
- Environmental geoscience - Environmental geology, like hydrogeology, is an applied science concerned with the practical application of the principles of geology in the solving of environmental problems.
- GEO-LEO (GEO Library Experts Online).
- Glossary of geology terms - This page is a glossary of geology.
- Making North America (2015 PBS film)
- Nanogeoscience - Nanogeoscience is the study of nanoscale phenomena related to geological systems. Predominantly, this is interrogated by studying environmental nanoparticles between 1-100 nanometers in size.
- Physical sciences
- Science-related lists
- Earth sciences
- Planetary science
- Contains Geo-Glossary Online www
Contains equivalent geological and geographical terms in four languages (German, Online, English, Norwegian and Dutch). Geo-Glossary Online.
- Geoscientific Agesearch www
Geoscientific search engine which identifies the geological time context of web searches, Agesearch, helping the user to estimate the stratigraphy of web searches. Agesearch.
- Focused International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme www
Focused on acquiring basic scientific knowledge about the interactive processes of biology and chemistry of the earth as they relate to Global Change. International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme.
- Earth Earth Science Australia www
Earth science resources, Science Australia, images, freeware for students and teachers as well as general information about earth science in Australia. Earth Science Australia.
- Scope National Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources www
Scope includes atmospheric sciences, Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources, climate, oceanography, solid-earth sciences, radioactive waste management, polar research, environmental science and toxicology, natural disasters, and water science. Commission reports cover scientific/technical aspects of public policy issues in these areas. National Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources.
- Research NASA - Earth Science Division www
Research center focusing on ecosystem science technology, Earth Science Division, atmospheric physics and chemistry, and airborne sensors. Includes list of research projects, discoveries, education outreach efforts, news, seminars, and publications. NASA - Earth Science Division.
- Bibliographic GeoRef Information System www
Bibliographic database of geoscience literature. GeoRef Information System.
- Products USGS Publications and Data www
Products from the U. Publications and Data.S. Geological Survey. USGS Publications and Data.
- NASA E-Theater www
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, E-Theater, Visualization Analysis Lab, E-Theater offers presentations of the latest Earth Science Discoveries on a portable large format, or IMAX screen. E-Theater.
- A The Global Change Master Directory, Goddard Space Flight Center www
A comprehensive directory of information about Earth science data, Global Change Master Directory, Goddard Space Flight Center, including broad coverage of the oceans, atmosphere, hydrosphere, solid earth, biosphere and human dimensions of global change. The Global Change Master Directory, Goddard Space Flight Center.
- Provides James Cook University: Earth and Environmental Sciences www
Provides information on the graduate and undergraduate programmes, Cook University: Earth and Environmental Sciences, the research being undertaken and the School. James Cook University: Earth and Environmental Sciences.
- Department TH Zurich www
Department of Earth Sciences TH Zurich.
- Highlights The Micro-World in the Atmosphere www
Highlights of the work of Roger J. Micro-World in the Atmosphere. Cheng, researcher at the Atmospheric Sciences Research Center of the State University of New York at Albany. Examines in detail the weather, the ocean and the environment. The Micro-World in the Atmosphere.
- An Wikipedia: Atmospheric Sciences www
An overview encyclopedia article describing the various sub-fields of the atmospheric sciences. Wikipedia: Atmospheric Sciences.
- Regular AGU Meetings www
Regular program of small, Meetings, focussed meetings that provide significant time for discussion and interaction among the participants. Topics include all aspects of geophysics and space physics. AGU Meetings.
- Upcoming Geological Society of America www
Upcoming national and sectional meetings. Geological Society of America.
- Directory NERC: Data Centres www
Directory of Designated Data Centres from the Natural Environment Research Council in the United Kingdom. NERC: Data Centres.
- The British Atmospheric Data Centre (BADC) www
The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) designated data centre for the Atmospheric Sciences in the United Kingdom. Atmospheric Data Centre (BADC). British Atmospheric Data Centre (BADC).
- Free GeotechLinks www
Free internet link directory for geotechnical engineers and researchers including links to online free books, GeotechLinks, manuals, theses, papers and reports in geotechnical engineering field. GeotechLinks.
- Resources Geosource www
Resources for human geography, Geosource, physical geography, planning, geoscience and environmental science. Provided by Utrecht University Library. Geosource.
- A Earth Science Resource Center www
A division of the Office of Special Programs and Continuing Education at the Colorado School of Mines. Science Resource Center. The ESRC publishes relevant science-related materials. Earth Science Resource Center.
- Detailed Exploration of the Earth's Magnetosphere www
Detailed non-mathematical introduction to the research on the Earth's magnetic environment in space and its history. the Earth's Magnetosphere. Contains master directory of more than 70 related text files. Exploration of the Earth's Magnetosphere.
- Alexa: Earth Sciences Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Earth Sciences Science
- DMOZ: Earth Sciences Science
dmoz.org Directory: Earth Sciences Science