Earth science, also known as geoscience, is the study of the physical properties of the land, atmosphere, inland waters and oceans on earth. Earth Sciences Science.
Earth science or geoscience is an all-encompassing term that refers to the fields of science dealing with planet Earth. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Earth science or geoscience is a widely embraced term for the fields of science related to the planet Earth. It is the branch of science dealing with the physical constitution of the earth and its atmosphere. Earth science is the study of our planet's physical characteristics, from earthquakes to raindrops, and floods to fossils. Earth science can be considered to be a branch of planetary science, but with a much older history. "Earth science" is a broad term that encompasses four main branches of study, each of which is further broken down into more specialized fields.
- Earth sciences graphics software - Earth sciences graphics software is a plotting and image processing software used in atmospheric sciences, meteorology, climatology, oceanography and other Earth science disciplines.
- Environmental geoscience - Environmental geology, like hydrogeology, is an applied science concerned with the practical application of the principles of geology in the solving of environmental problems.
- GEO-LEO (GEO Library Experts Online).
- Glossary of geology terms - This page is a glossary of geology.
- Making North America (2015 PBS film)
- Nanogeoscience - Nanogeoscience is the study of nanoscale phenomena related to geological systems. Predominantly, this is interrogated by studying environmental nanoparticles between 1-100 nanometers in size.
- Physical sciences
- Science-related lists
- Earth sciences
- Planetary science
- Products USGS Publications and Data www
Products from the U. Publications and Data.S. Geological Survey. USGS Publications and Data.
- Focused International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme www
Focused on acquiring basic scientific knowledge about the interactive processes of biology and chemistry of the earth as they relate to Global Change. International Geosphere-Biosphere Programme.
- Scope National Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources www
Scope includes atmospheric sciences, Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources, climate, oceanography, solid-earth sciences, radioactive waste management, polar research, environmental science and toxicology, natural disasters, and water science. Commission reports cover scientific/technical aspects of public policy issues in these areas. National Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources.
- Bibliographic GeoRef Information System www
Bibliographic database of geoscience literature. GeoRef Information System.
- A The Global Change Master Directory, Goddard Space Flight Center www
A comprehensive directory of information about Earth science data, Global Change Master Directory, Goddard Space Flight Center, including broad coverage of the oceans, atmosphere, hydrosphere, solid earth, biosphere and human dimensions of global change. The Global Change Master Directory, Goddard Space Flight Center.
- Contains Geo-Glossary Online www
Contains equivalent geological and geographical terms in four languages (German, Online, English, Norwegian and Dutch). Geo-Glossary Online.
- Earth Earth Science Australia www
Earth science resources, Science Australia, images, freeware for students and teachers as well as general information about earth science in Australia. Earth Science Australia.
- NASA E-Theater www
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, E-Theater, Visualization Analysis Lab, E-Theater offers presentations of the latest Earth Science Discoveries on a portable large format, or IMAX screen. E-Theater.
- Research NASA - Earth Science Division www
Research center focusing on ecosystem science technology, Earth Science Division, atmospheric physics and chemistry, and airborne sensors. Includes list of research projects, discoveries, education outreach efforts, news, seminars, and publications. NASA - Earth Science Division.
- Geoscientific Agesearch www
Geoscientific search engine which identifies the geological time context of web searches, Agesearch, helping the user to estimate the stratigraphy of web searches. Agesearch.
- Provides Institute of Geography and Earth Sciences www
Provides information on this Institute at Eötvös University, Geography and Earth Sciences, Budapest, Hungary, the organizational units and the education. English and Hungarian. Institute of Geography and Earth Sciences.
- Provides School of Earth and Ocean Sciences: University of Victoria www
Provides information on the courses, Earth and Ocean Sciences: University of Victoria, the people, the undergraduate and graduate programs and the research themes. School of Earth and Ocean Sciences: University of Victoria.
- Highlights The Micro-World in the Atmosphere www
Highlights of the work of Roger J. Micro-World in the Atmosphere. Cheng, researcher at the Atmospheric Sciences Research Center of the State University of New York at Albany. Examines in detail the weather, the ocean and the environment. The Micro-World in the Atmosphere.
- An Wikipedia: Atmospheric Sciences www
An overview encyclopedia article describing the various sub-fields of the atmospheric sciences. Wikipedia: Atmospheric Sciences.
- British BGA Postgraduate Research in Progress Meeting 2009 www
British Geophysical Association Postgraduate Research in Progress Meeting 2009 hosted by the Department of Earth Science and Engineering, Postgraduate Research in Progress Meeting 2009, Imperial College London will be held from 10th to 11th September, 2009. BGA Postgraduate Research in Progress Meeting 2009.
- Regular AGU Meetings www
Regular program of small, Meetings, focussed meetings that provide significant time for discussion and interaction among the participants. Topics include all aspects of geophysics and space physics. AGU Meetings.
- IERS International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service www
IERS provides data, Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service, publications and general information on the Earth`s orientation, the International Celestial Reference Frame (ICRF) and the International Terrestrial Reference Frame (ITRF), as well as geophysical data and conventions. International Earth Rotation and Reference Systems Service.
- The British Atmospheric Data Centre (BADC) www
The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) designated data centre for the Atmospheric Sciences in the United Kingdom. Atmospheric Data Centre (BADC). British Atmospheric Data Centre (BADC).
- Provides Intute : Earth Sciences www
Provides free access to high quality resources on the Internet. Earth Sciences. Each resource has been evaluated and categorised by subject specialists based at UK universities. Our target audience is students, staff and researchers in higher and further education. Intute : Earth Sciences.
- Resources Geosource www
Resources for human geography, Geosource, physical geography, planning, geoscience and environmental science. Provided by Utrecht University Library. Geosource.
- Earth EdGEO www
Earth science workshops for Canadian teachers coordinated by the Canadian Geoscience Education Network. EdGEO.
- Information Water Science for Schools www
Information on many aspects of water, Science for Schools, along with pictures, data, maps, and an interactive center. Water Science for Schools.
- Alexa: Earth Sciences Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Earth Sciences Science
- DMOZ: Earth Sciences Science
dmoz.org Directory: Earth Sciences Science