The study of gathering and processing geographic information, as well as sharing this information. Some major subfields of this area include surveying, mapping and global positioning systems. Geomatics Earth Sciences Science.
Geomatics (including geomatics engineering ), also known as geospatial science (including geospatial engineering and geospatial technology ), is the discipline of gathering, storing, processing, and delivering geographic information or spatially referenced information. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Geomatics, also known as surveying engineering or geospatial science, is the discipline of gathering, storing, processing, and delivering geographic information or spatially referenced information. In other words, it "consists of products, services and tools involved in the collection, integration and management of geographic data".
- Geomatics Category
- Solid image - The Solid image is a geomatic product giving the possibility to mesures 3D coordinates from a simple 2D image. The solid image is an easy and complete way to describe 3D objects.
- Computational fields of study
- Earth sciences
- Project Moland - Monitoring Land Use / Cover Dynamics www
Moland - Monitoring Land Use / Cover Dynamics.
- Geomatics, Geomaticien.com www
Geomatics, Geomaticien.com, maps, scripts, portal, weather forecasts, help, samples, documentation and downloads. Geomaticien.com.
- Articles, Institute of Mathematical Geography www
Articles, Mathematical Geography, papers and Solstice, an electronic journal of the interaction between geography and mathematics. Institute of Mathematical Geography.
- Overview Wikipedia: Geomatics www
Overview of disciplines, Geomatics, applications and related links maintained by public contributions. Wikipedia: Geomatics.
- Interpolation Art of Surface Interpolation www
Interpolation of surfaces using a new approximation method called ABOS, Surface Interpolation, which produces surfaces comparable to surfaces created by Kriging or minimum curvature method. By Miroslav Dressler, Ph.D. Art of Surface Interpolation.
- Offers Delft University of Technology - Department of Geomatics www
Offers a masters degree. University of Technology - Department of Geomatics. Includes information on research and courses offered. Delft University of Technology - Department of Geomatics.
- Provides University of Calgary: Geomatics Engineering www
Provides information on the graduate and undergraduate programs. Calgary: Geomatics Engineering. Includes research projects, activities, staff profiles and contacts in the Schulich School of Engineering, Canada. University of Calgary: Geomatics Engineering.
- Produce MapTrax Australia www
Produce digital topographic maps, Australia, street maps, aeronautical charts, marine charts and NRMA travel maps of Australia, New Zealand and Thailand. MapTrax Australia.
- Online Computer Cartography at Northeastern Illinois University www
Online course syllabus and assignments aimed at teaching mapping techniques to effectively display spatial information. Computer Cartography at Northeastern Illinois University.
- Geo-Object GEOBIA, 2008: Pixels, Objects, Intelligence www
Geo-Object Based Image Analysis for the 21St Century was held at the University of Calgary, 2008: Pixels, Objects, Intelligence, Alberta, Canada on August, 6-7, 2008. A GEOBIA special issue of Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing (PE&RS) will be published in 2009. GEOBIA, 2008: Pixels, Objects, Intelligence.
- IMA Numerical Methods in the Geosciences www
IMA Minisymposium held March 13-15, Methods in the Geosciences, 2002 at the Institute for Mathematics and its Applications in Minneapolis. Numerical Methods in the Geosciences.
- Portail Centre régional de l'information géographique de Provence-Alpes-Côtes d'Azur (CRIGE-PACA) www
Portail des acteurs de la géomatique en Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur. régional de l'information géographique de Provence-Alpes-Côtes d'Azur (CRIGE-PACA). Centre régional de l'information géographique de Provence-Alpes-Côtes d'Azur (CRIGE-PACA).
- Présentation Le monde de la géomatique www
Présentation de la discipline, monde de la géomatique, programmes de recherche, exemples d'applications, formations proposée par l'université de Laval (Canada), liste de liens, glossaire et actualités. Le monde de la géomatique.
- Site GISuser www
Site delivers the latest news, GISuser, feature articles, and updates concerning the use of GIS, LBS, GPS, and geospatial technologies. GISuser.
- Provides GIS Pathway www
Provides GIS tips, Pathway, book reviews, and education sources. GIS Pathway.
- The Geodesy for the Layman www
The publication attempts to develop an appreciation of the scope of geodesy and to generate some understanding of the problems encountered in the science. Geodesy for the Layman.
- Provides Polish Internet Informant of Geodesy www
Provides links to established Polish companies which operate within land surveying, Internet Informant of Geodesy, cartography, photogrammetry, land surveying information technology and real estate management and appraisal. Polish Internet Informant of Geodesy.
- Scope National Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources www
Scope includes atmospheric sciences, Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources, climate, oceanography, solid-earth sciences, radioactive waste management, polar research, environmental science and toxicology, natural disasters, and water science. Commission reports cover scientific/technical aspects of public policy issues in these areas. National Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources.
- Bibliographic GeoRef Information System www
Bibliographic database of geoscience literature. GeoRef Information System.
- Alexa: Geomatics Earth Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Geomatics Earth Sciences
- DMOZ: Geomatics Earth Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Geomatics Earth Sciences