The study of gathering and processing geographic information, as well as sharing this information. Some major subfields of this area include surveying, mapping and global positioning systems. Geomatics Earth Sciences Science.
Geomatics (including geomatics engineering ), also known as geospatial science (including geospatial engineering and geospatial technology ), is the discipline of gathering, storing, processing, and delivering geographic information or spatially referenced information. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Geomatics, also known as surveying engineering or geospatial science, is the discipline of gathering, storing, processing, and delivering geographic information or spatially referenced information. In other words, it "consists of products, services and tools involved in the collection, integration and management of geographic data".
- Geomatics Category
- Solid image - The Solid image is a geomatic product giving the possibility to mesures 3D coordinates from a simple 2D image. The solid image is an easy and complete way to describe 3D objects.
- Computational fields of study
- Earth sciences
- Geomatics, Geomaticien.com www
Geomatics, Geomaticien.com, maps, scripts, portal, weather forecasts, help, samples, documentation and downloads. Geomaticien.com.
- Project Moland - Monitoring Land Use / Cover Dynamics www
Moland - Monitoring Land Use / Cover Dynamics.
- Overview Wikipedia: Geomatics www
Overview of disciplines, Geomatics, applications and related links maintained by public contributions. Wikipedia: Geomatics.
- Articles, Institute of Mathematical Geography www
Articles, Mathematical Geography, papers and Solstice, an electronic journal of the interaction between geography and mathematics. Institute of Mathematical Geography.
- Interpolation Art of Surface Interpolation www
Interpolation of surfaces using a new approximation method called ABOS, Surface Interpolation, which produces surfaces comparable to surfaces created by Kriging or minimum curvature method. By Miroslav Dressler, Ph.D. Art of Surface Interpolation.
- Features California State University, Fresno - Geomatics Engineering www
Features list of applications for this major and conference information. California State University, Fresno - Geomatics Engineering.
- Provides University of Calgary: Geomatics Engineering www
Provides information on the graduate and undergraduate programs. Calgary: Geomatics Engineering. Includes research projects, activities, staff profiles and contacts in the Schulich School of Engineering, Canada. University of Calgary: Geomatics Engineering.
- GIS Learn2Map www
GIS tutorial, Learn2Map, free maps, free GIS program. Learn2Map.
- Explore The National Geographic Society www
Explore National Geographic Online. National Geographic Society. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration. The National Geographic Society.
- Geo-Object GEOBIA, 2008: Pixels, Objects, Intelligence www
Geo-Object Based Image Analysis for the 21St Century was held at the University of Calgary, 2008: Pixels, Objects, Intelligence, Alberta, Canada on August, 6-7, 2008. A GEOBIA special issue of Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing (PE&RS) will be published in 2009. GEOBIA, 2008: Pixels, Objects, Intelligence.
- IMA Numerical Methods in the Geosciences www
IMA Minisymposium held March 13-15, Methods in the Geosciences, 2002 at the Institute for Mathematics and its Applications in Minneapolis. Numerical Methods in the Geosciences.
- Portail GéoConnexions - CGDI-ICDG - Infrastructure canadienne de données géospatiales www
Portail de l'information géographique du Canada sur Internet. CGDI-ICDG - Infrastructure canadienne de données géospatiales. [bilingue français/anglais]. GéoConnexions - CGDI-ICDG - Infrastructure canadienne de données géospatiales.
- Portail Centre régional de l'information géographique de Provence-Alpes-Côtes d'Azur (CRIGE-PACA) www
Portail des acteurs de la géomatique en Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur. régional de l'information géographique de Provence-Alpes-Côtes d'Azur (CRIGE-PACA). Centre régional de l'information géographique de Provence-Alpes-Côtes d'Azur (CRIGE-PACA).
- The The Food and Agriculture Organization www
The FAO GeoNetwork provides Internet access to interactive maps, Food and Agriculture Organization, satellite imagery and related spatial databases. The Food and Agriculture Organization.
- Site GISuser www
Site delivers the latest news, GISuser, feature articles, and updates concerning the use of GIS, LBS, GPS, and geospatial technologies. GISuser.
- Windows Datum Pro www
Windows program which converts between map datums and projections, Pro, including Gauss Kruger, TM, UTM, and Lambert Conic grids. Datum Pro.
- Collaborative Basin and Range Geodetic Network www
Collaborative project between the California Institute of Technology Division of Geological and Planetary Sciences and the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics Radio and Geoastronomy Division. Basin and Range Geodetic Network.
- Research NASA - Earth Science Division www
Research center focusing on ecosystem science technology, Earth Science Division, atmospheric physics and chemistry, and airborne sensors. Includes list of research projects, discoveries, education outreach efforts, news, seminars, and publications. NASA - Earth Science Division.
- Earth Earth Science Australia www
Earth science resources, Science Australia, images, freeware for students and teachers as well as general information about earth science in Australia. Earth Science Australia.
- Alexa: Geomatics Earth Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Geomatics Earth Sciences
- DMOZ: Geomatics Earth Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Geomatics Earth Sciences