Webpages that offer advice and employment information for careers in the sciences. Employment Science.
Employment is a relationship between two parties, usually based on a contract where work is paid for, where one party, which may be a corporation, for profit, not-for-profit organization, co-operative or other entity is the employer and the other is the employee. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Employment is a relationship between two parties, usually based on a contract where work is paid for, where one party, which may be a corporation, for profit, not-for-profit organization, co-operative or other entity is the employer and the other is the employee. Employees work in return for payment, which may be in the form of an hourly wage, by piecework or an annual salary, depending on the type of work an employee does or which sector she or he is working in. Employees in some fields or sectors may receive gratuities, bonus payment or stock options. In some types of employment, employees may receive benefits in addition to payment. Benefits can include health insurance, housing, disability insurance or use of a gym. Employment is typically governed by employment laws, regulations or legal contracts.
- Employment Category
- Office of Human Resources - National Academies www
Career planning resources for entry-level (beginning) scientists and engineers. Human Resources - National Academies.
- a Career Cornerstone www
a resource center for those pursuing careers in engineering, Cornerstone, mathematics, information technology, and the physical sciences. Career Cornerstone.
- Offers About: Science Job Searching www
Offers science jobs, Science Job Searching, employment information and career resources. About: Science Job Searching.
- On-line Science's Next Wave www
On-line career resources for young scientists, Next Wave, students and graduates. Science's Next Wave.
- A Science and Engineering Workforce Project www
A network of labor economists and other researchers studying the professional development, and Engineering Workforce Project, deployment, and productivity of scientists, engineers, and highly skilled technical workers. Science and Engineering Workforce Project.
- An European Patent Organisation - Jobs www
An international authority whose task is to examine and grant patents on behalf of its member states. Patent Organisation - Jobs. Openings for examiners and other positions. European Patent Organisation - Jobs.
- Searchable ScienceCareers.org www
Searchable database of jobs, ScienceCareers.org, sorted by field specialty. Can post resume and curriculum vitae. Includes tips for improving the workplace for employers and employees. ScienceCareers.org.
- Career PhDs.org www
Career information and job listings for post doctorate graduates in Science Math and Engineering field. PhDs.org. Offers information on graduate schools in the science fields. PhDs.org.
- The Research Experience for Undergraduate (REU) Program www
The National Science Foundation makes possible a number of opportunities for undergraduates to participate in research projects each summer. Experience for Undergraduate (REU) Program. The exploration sites are established in various fields of science, mathematics, and engineering. Research Experience for Undergraduate (REU) Program.
- Foundation Ikerbasque www
Foundation that aims to help develop scientific research in the Basque Country by attracting researchers and helping them establish themselves. Ikerbasque.
- Positions ChemJobs.Net www
Positions for chemists in the chemical industry and academia. ChemJobs.Net. Also carries vacancies in positions allied to chemistry, e.g from the biochemical and the pharmaceutical sectors. ChemJobs.Net.
- A Computational Chemistry Jobs www
A free job listing service for computational chemistry professionals and employers. Chemistry Jobs. Also an area for positions wanted and for upcoming conferences. Computational Chemistry Jobs.
- Group GeoSci-Jobs www
Group announcing postdocs, GeoSci-Jobs, assistantships, scholarships and employment opportunities in the earth sciences. GeoSci-Jobs.
- Fee InfoMine: CareerMine www
Fee based listing service offers a wide range of jobs to the mining industry. InfoMine: CareerMine.
- Job Green Dream Jobs www
Job and internship listings for jobs within sustainable businesses and organizations. Green Dream Jobs.
- Weekly Jobs In Planning www
Weekly e-mail bulletin dedicated to employment opportunities in professional planning disciplines. Jobs In Planning.
- Provides Science Prospects www
Provides a search facility for jobs and careers in science. Science Prospects.
- Career Australian Mathematical Society Graduate Careers Centre www
Career advice and list of positions in Australia (or the neighbouring region) which may be of interest to mathematicians. Australian Mathematical Society Graduate Careers Centre.
- Professional AWM Advertisements www
Professional opportunities for mathematicians from the Association for Women in Mathematics. AWM Advertisements.
- Listings BrightRecruits www
Listings of physics and engineering openings for all degree levels and sectors. BrightRecruits.
- Search High-energy physics jobs www
Search a High-energy Physics employment database maintained by the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center. High-energy physics jobs.
- Alexa: Employment Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Employment Science
- DMOZ: Employment Science
dmoz.org Directory: Employment Science