Scientific aspects (and many non-scientific aspects) of environmental protection, natural heritage conservation, sustainable living, environmental impact of technologies, and global environmental change. Environmental Science involves the focused application of many other fields of science and engineering, and therefore is related to Biology, Earth Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, and the Social Sciences. All resources are organized in subcategories of Science:Environment. For general environmental science topics, start with Directories, Organizations or Journals. For environmental consulting and other products and services see individual topic listing or Products and Services Environment Science.
Environmental science is an interdisciplinary academic field that integrates physical, biological and information sciences (including ecology, biology, physics, chemistry, zoology, mineralogy, oceanology, limnology, soil science, geology, atmospheric science, and geodesy ) to the study of the environment, and the solution of environmental problems. (wikipedia)
- Natural environment The natural environment encompasses all living and non-living things occurring naturally, meaning...
- Integrated development environment A software application that provides comprehensive facilities to computer programmers for...
- Environment variable A dynamic-named value that can affect the way running processes will behave on a computer.
- Environment (biophysical) The biotic and abiotic surrounding of an organism or population, and consequently includes the...
- Environment (1917 film) 1917 American silent film.
- Environment (type theory) In type theory a typing environment represents the association between variables names and data...
- Ecology The branch of biology which studies the interactions among organisms and their environment.
- Ambient Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Ambient'.
- Two-year Natural Resource Management, Colorado Mountain College, Leadville, CO www
Two-year hands on program in terrestrial ecology. Resource Management, Colorado Mountain College, Leadville, CO. Offers curriculum content, career, graduates and faculty information, the use of the Rocky Mountains as a laboratory. Natural Resource Management, Colorado Mountain College, Leadville, CO.
- NRC-EHWM, National Research Center for Environmental and Hazardous Waste Management, Thailand www
NRC-EHWM, Research Center for Environmental and Hazardous Waste Management, Thailand, a cooperation of Thai universities, offers MSc and PhD programs. National Research Center for Environmental and Hazardous Waste Management, Thailand.
- Short Enviroclips www
Short articles on environmental aspects of agriculture, Enviroclips, freely available for republication, from the agribusiness company Syngenta. Topics include soil and water conservation, precision agriculture, biotechnology, pesticides, and government regulation. Enviroclips.
- Provides Conservation Effects Assessment Project www
Provides a number of downloadable files providing an overview of various environmental outcomes resulting from landowner participation in USDA conservation programs. Conservation Effects Assessment Project.
- A Norwegian Institute for Air Research www
A leading centre of expertise in questions related to air pollution. Institute for Air Research. Established in 1969, it is an independent foundation specialized in most issues of air pollution on national and international levels. (Language: Norwegian) Norwegian Institute for Air Research.
- Air AIRNOW - U.S. EPA www
Air pollution data, U.S. EPA, ozone forecasting, information about public health and environmental effects of air pollution, and actions you can take to reduce pollution. AIRNOW - U.S. EPA.
- What Biodiversity Fact Sheet www
What is biodiversity, Fact Sheet, what threatens it, why is it important, and what are ecologists doing to better understand it? From Ecological Society of America. Biodiversity Fact Sheet.
- Overview What is Biological Diversity? www
Overview and definitions. Biological Diversity?. What is Biological Diversity?.
- Voluntary Carbon Sense Coalition www
Voluntary group of people concerned about the extent to which carbon is vilified in Western societies. Sense Coalition. It aims to restore balance to the carbon debate and explain and defend the key role of carbon in the production of heat, light transportation and foodstuffs. Carbon Sense Coalition.
- Discusses Mystery of the Missing Carbon www
Discusses the BOREAS research program, the Missing Carbon, which investigated the "missing carbon" problem in global carbon cycle studies. Mystery of the Missing Carbon.
- Global Green Life Innovators www
Global online green tech community operated by an organization located in Norway. Life Innovators. Includes a blog, chat room, forums, book reviews and newsletter. Green Life Innovators.
- Forum Wildlife Gardeners Forum www
Forum encouraging discussion on the preservation, Gardeners Forum, restoration and establishment of native flora and fauna, and sustainable gardening practices. Wildlife Gardeners Forum.
- Alexa: Environment Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Environment Science
- DMOZ: Environment Science
dmoz.org Directory: Environment Science