Scientific aspects (and many non-scientific aspects) of environmental protection, natural heritage conservation, sustainable living, environmental impact of technologies, and global environmental change. Environmental Science involves the focused application of many other fields of science and engineering, and therefore is related to Biology, Earth Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, and the Social Sciences. All resources are organized in subcategories of Science:Environment. For general environmental science topics, start with Directories, Organizations or Journals. For environmental consulting and other products and services see individual topic listing or Products and Services Environment Science.
Environmental science is an interdisciplinary academic field that integrates physical, biological and information sciences (including ecology, biology, physics, chemistry, zoology, mineralogy, oceanology, limnology, soil science, geology, atmospheric science, and geodesy ) to the study of the environment, and the solution of environmental problems. (wikipedia)
- Natural environment The natural environment encompasses all living and non-living things occurring naturally, meaning...
- Integrated development environment A software application that provides comprehensive facilities to computer programmers for...
- Environment variable A dynamic-named value that can affect the way running processes will behave on a computer.
- Environment (biophysical) The biotic and abiotic surrounding of an organism or population, and consequently includes the...
- Environment (film) A 1917 silent film directed by James Kirkwood.
- Environment (type theory) In type theory a typing environment represents the association between variables names and data...
- Ecology The scientific analysis and study of interactions among organisms and their environment.
- Ambient Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Ambient'.
- Accredited Environmental Science, Institute for Environmental Quality, Wright State University www
Accredited Bachelor, Science, Institute for Environmental Quality, Wright State University, Master and PhD degrees in Dayton, Ohio. Research programs; industrial applications. Environmental Science, Institute for Environmental Quality, Wright State University.
- Master Energy and Environmental Policy, University of Delaware www
Master and PhD Energy and Environmental Policy; MA Energy, and Environmental Policy, University of Delaware, Environment and Equity; PhD in Technology, Environment and Society. Offers research areas, staff, course contents and publications. Energy and Environmental Policy, University of Delaware.
- The ENDURE: Diversifying Crop Protection www
The European Network for the Durable Exploitation of Crop Protection Strategies aims to develop science-based sustainable, Diversifying Crop Protection, innovative pest control strategies to reduce pesticide use in agriculture. ENDURE: Diversifying Crop Protection.
- Blog Peterman's Eye: Farming www
Blog of ideas, Eye: Farming, facts and opinions which aims to educate and entertain as well as discuss, in a stimulating and thought-provoking way, the topics of the day regarding agriculture and farming. Peterman's Eye: Farming.
- Environmental Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA ) www
Environmental information including air pollution, & Waste Management Association (A&WMA ), hazardous waste, management, regulations, measuring, modeling, emissions, testing, monitoring, modeling, particulate matter, ozone, and brownfields Air & Waste Management Association (A&WMA ).
- A Clean Air Task Force www
A nonprofit organization dedicated to restoring clean air and healthy environments in the United States through scientific research, Air Task Force, public education, and legal advocacy. Clean Air Task Force.
- Searchable Bibliography of Genetic Variation in Natural Populations www
Searchable database of citations on natural populations of animals, Genetic Variation in Natural Populations, plants, and microbes. Bibliography of Genetic Variation in Natural Populations.
- Project Species 2000 www
Project to provide indexing and links for all known species as the baseline dataset for studies of global biodiversity. Species 2000.
- Discusses Mystery of the Missing Carbon www
Discusses the BOREAS research program, the Missing Carbon, which investigated the "missing carbon" problem in global carbon cycle studies. Mystery of the Missing Carbon.
- Sections Carbon Cycle www
Sections concisely summarize the history of the element and its presence on earth, Cycle, from its discovery in 1594 to topics such as carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, fossil fuels, and carbon credits and sequestration. Carbon Cycle.
- Global Green Life Innovators www
Global online green tech community operated by an organization located in Norway. Life Innovators. Includes a blog, chat room, forums, book reviews and newsletter. Green Life Innovators.
- Forum Wildlife Gardeners Forum www
Forum encouraging discussion on the preservation, Gardeners Forum, restoration and establishment of native flora and fauna, and sustainable gardening practices. Wildlife Gardeners Forum.
- Alexa: Environment Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Environment Science
- DMOZ: Environment Science
dmoz.org Directory: Environment Science