Math or mathematics is the study of numbers and variables representing numbers to solve everyday problems, learn about the world around us or to be an exercise in logical reasoning. Some applications of math are in the areas of finance, physics, sociology, computer programming, fractal music and geometric art. Math Science.
Mathematics (from Greek μάθημα máthēma, “knowledge, study, learning”) is the study of topics such as quantity ( numbers ), structure, space, and change. (wikipedia)
- Mathematics The study of topics such as space, quantity, structure, and change.
- Matha A Sanskrit word that means "cloister, institute or college", and it also refers to a monastery in...
- Math fab Mathonwy A king of Gwynedd who needed to rest his feet in the lap of a virgin unless he was at war, or he...
- MATH (band) An American Improv/experimental band formed in Woodstock, New York in the mid-1990s.
- "Maths" (song) A single by Canadian EDM producer deadmau5.
- Math, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa A village of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province of Pakistan.
- Cmath Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Cmath'.
- A E3 Information Overload www
A librarian's weblog of resources to assist in engineering, Information Overload, mathematics, and statistics education. E3 Information Overload.
- Covers Frequently Asked Questions in Mathematics www
Covers diverse topics such as algebra structure, Asked Questions in Mathematics, names for large numbers, how to compute pi and games. Frequently Asked Questions in Mathematics.
- Posts Mathematics Weblog www
Posts mainly about math in the news or math problems of note. Mathematics Weblog.
- Glossary Eric Weisstein's World of Mathematics www
Glossary of terms. Weisstein's World of Mathematics. Material ranges from undergraduate to research level. Eric Weisstein's World of Mathematics.
- Features Math Forum www
Features combined archive and portal to web resources, Forum, educational issues, help forums, mailing lists, and teaching materials. Math Forum.
- Combined Mathematics Archives www
Combined archive and directory of math web sites, Archives, mailing lists, and teaching materials. Located at University of Tennessee. Mathematics Archives.
- Article How to Read Mathematics www
Article categorizes some of the strategies for a mathematics reading protocol. How to Read Mathematics.
- Dave The Mathematical Atlas www
Dave Rusin's survey of research-level mathematics, Mathematical Atlas, with introductory articles for non-mathematicians and hyperlinked bibliographies in each of dozens of research areas. The Mathematical Atlas.
- Award Knot a Braid of Links www
Award and review service for math web sites, Braid of Links, offering a new selection each week. Knot a Braid of Links.
- Topics Algebraic Areas of Mathematics www
Topics include number theory, Areas of Mathematics, groups and sets, commutative rings, algebraic geometry, and linear algebra. Algebraic Areas of Mathematics.
- Enter Octonions and Sedenions www
Enter the world of 8 and 16 dimensional hypercomplex numbers and discover that the laws that are taken for granted, and Sedenions, but do not always hold true. Octonions and Sedenions.
- Using The Nrich Maths Project Cambridge: Fractional Calculus I www
Using the gamma function, Nrich Maths Project Cambridge: Fractional Calculus I, a definition of integration and differentiation performed a fractional number of times is presented. The Nrich Maths Project Cambridge: Fractional Calculus I.
- Established The International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation (ISAAC) www
Established in 1994 to promote and advance analysis, International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation (ISAAC), its applications, and its interaction with computation. Meetings, lists. The International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation (ISAAC).
- Research MathFIT - Mathematics for IT www
Research grants, Mathematics for IT, visiting fellowships, networks, workshops and summer schools, supporting high-quality interdisciplinary research in the UK at the interface between mathematics and computer science. MathFIT - Mathematics for IT.
- An MACSI-net www
An initiative of twenty university nodes and over eighty industrial nodes from fourteen European countries to form an open network for the advancement of Mathematics, MACSI-net, Computing and Simulation for industry. Site lists events, working groups and publications. MACSI-net.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Calculator www
Encyclopedia article about calculators, Calculator, including their usage, history and development. Wikipedia: Calculator.
- Online Calculus by Gilbert Strang www
Online text covers introduction to derivatives, Gilbert Strang, applications, methods of solving integration problems, polar coordinates, infinite series, partial derivatives, and vector calculus. Calculus by Gilbert Strang.
- Features Dan the Tutor www
Features practice exams and worked out solutions covering limits, the Tutor, derivatives and integrals. In PDF format. Dan the Tutor.
- Article Chaos, Fractals, and Arcadia www
Article on the mathematical ideas lurking in the background of Tom Stoppard's play Arcadia. Fractals, and Arcadia. Includes examples, illustrations and references. Chaos, Fractals, and Arcadia.
- Gallery Images From Chaos www
Gallery of chaotic and complex systems and attractors from the University of Zaragoza, From Chaos, Spain. Images From Chaos.
- Alexa: Math Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Math Science
- DMOZ: Math Science
dmoz.org Directory: Math Science