Math or mathematics is the study of numbers and variables representing numbers to solve everyday problems, learn about the world around us or to be an exercise in logical reasoning. Some applications of math are in the areas of finance, physics, sociology, computer programming, fractal music and geometric art. Math Science.
Mathematics (from Greek μάθημα máthēma, “knowledge, study, learning”) is the study of topics such as quantity ( numbers ), structure, space, and change. (wikipedia)
- Mathematics The study of such topics as quantity, structure, space, and change.
- Matha A Sanskrit word that means "cloister, institute or college", and it also refers to a monastery in...
- Math, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa A village of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province of Pakistan.
- Math fab Mathonwy A king of Gwynedd who needed to rest his feet in the lap of a virgin unless he was at war, or he...
- MATH (band) An American Improv/experimental band formed in Woodstock, New York in the mid-1990s.
- Cmath Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Cmath'.
- Posts Mathematics Weblog www
Posts mainly about math in the news or math problems of note. Mathematics Weblog.
- Covers Frequently Asked Questions in Mathematics www
Covers diverse topics such as algebra structure, Asked Questions in Mathematics, names for large numbers, how to compute pi and games. Frequently Asked Questions in Mathematics.
- Combined Mathematics Archives www
Combined archive and directory of math web sites, Archives, mailing lists, and teaching materials. Located at University of Tennessee. Mathematics Archives.
- Features Math Forum www
Features combined archive and portal to web resources, Forum, educational issues, help forums, mailing lists, and teaching materials. Math Forum.
- Dave The Mathematical Atlas www
Dave Rusin's survey of research-level mathematics, Mathematical Atlas, with introductory articles for non-mathematicians and hyperlinked bibliographies in each of dozens of research areas. The Mathematical Atlas.
- A E3 Information Overload www
A librarian's weblog of resources to assist in engineering, Information Overload, mathematics, and statistics education. E3 Information Overload.
- Award Knot a Braid of Links www
Award and review service for math web sites, Braid of Links, offering a new selection each week. Knot a Braid of Links.
- Article How to Read Mathematics www
Article categorizes some of the strategies for a mathematics reading protocol. How to Read Mathematics.
- Glossary Eric Weisstein's World of Mathematics www
Glossary of terms. Weisstein's World of Mathematics. Material ranges from undergraduate to research level. Eric Weisstein's World of Mathematics.
- An VectorLand www
An online course to get to grips with 3D vectors. VectorLand. Most of the material is about UK A-level difficulty. VectorLand.
- Lecture Abstract Algebra www
Lecture notes by David Wilkins, Algebra, Trinity College, Dublin. Topics in Number Theory; Group Theory; Galois Theory. Abstract Algebra.
- Established The International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation (ISAAC) www
Established in 1994 to promote and advance analysis, International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation (ISAAC), its applications, and its interaction with computation. Meetings, lists. The International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation (ISAAC).
- Using The Nrich Maths Project Cambridge: Fractional Calculus I www
Using the gamma function, Nrich Maths Project Cambridge: Fractional Calculus I, a definition of integration and differentiation performed a fractional number of times is presented. The Nrich Maths Project Cambridge: Fractional Calculus I.
- Research MathFIT - Mathematics for IT www
Research grants, Mathematics for IT, visiting fellowships, networks, workshops and summer schools, supporting high-quality interdisciplinary research in the UK at the interface between mathematics and computer science. MathFIT - Mathematics for IT.
- An MACSI-net www
An initiative of twenty university nodes and over eighty industrial nodes from fourteen European countries to form an open network for the advancement of Mathematics, MACSI-net, Computing and Simulation for industry. Site lists events, working groups and publications. MACSI-net.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Calculator www
Encyclopedia article about calculators, Calculator, including their usage, history and development. Wikipedia: Calculator.
- Covers Karl's Calculus Tutorial www
Covers calculus of limits, Calculus Tutorial, continuity and derivatives in some detail. Also covers integrals and methods of integration. Karl's Calculus Tutorial.
- This Intuitive Calculus www
This site is dedicated to help students achieve an intuitive grasps of the concepts in basic calculus while still being able to solve the problems they may find in a regular course. Intuitive Calculus.
- Shows Fractal Brownian Archipelago www
Shows how brownian motion can model the shape of coastlines. Brownian Archipelago. Includes interactive demonstration and a collection of island set. Fractal Brownian Archipelago.
- Collection Wikipedia Category: Fractals www
Collection of encyclopedia articles about self-similar geometric objects with both aesthetical and scientific uses. Wikipedia Category: Fractals.
- Alexa: Math Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Math Science
- DMOZ: Math Science
dmoz.org Directory: Math Science