Probability Math Science.
Probability is the measure of the likelihood that an event will occur. Probability is quantified as a number between 0 and 1 (where 0 indicates impossibility and 1 indicates certainty). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Probability is the measure of the likelihood that an event will occur. See glossary of probability and statistics. Probability is quantified as a number between 0 and 1, where, loosely speaking, 0 indicates impossibility and 1 indicates certainty. The higher the probability of an event, the more likely it is that the event will occur. A simple example is the tossing of a fair coin. Since the coin is fair, the two outcomes are both equally probable; the probability of "heads" equals the probability of "tails"; and since no other outcomes are possible, the probability of either "heads" or "tails" is 1/2.
- Probability Category
- Class membership probabilities - In machine learning, a probabilistic classifier is a classifier that is able to predict, given an observation of an input, a probability distribution over a set of classes, rather than only outputting the most likely class that the observation should belong to.
- Equiprobability - Equiprobability is a property for a collection of events that each have the same probability of occurring. In statistics and probability theory it is applied in the discrete uniform distribution and the equidistribution theorem for rational numbers.
- Heuristics in judgment and decision-making - In psychology, heuristics are simple, efficient rules which people often use to form judgments and make decisions. They are mental shortcuts that usually involve focusing on one aspect of a complex problem and ignoring others.
- Probability theory - Probability theory is the branch of mathematics concerned with probability. Although there are several different probability interpretations, probability theory treats the concept in a rigorous mathematical manner by expressing it through a set of axioms.
- Statistics - Statistics is a branch of mathematics dealing with the collection, analysis, interpretation, presentation, and organization of data.
- Estimators - In statistics, an estimator is a rule for calculating an estimate of a given quantity based on observed data: thus the rule, the quantity of interest and its result are distinguished.
- Probability ArXiv Front: PR Probability Theory www
Probability section of the mathematics e-print arXiv ArXiv Front: PR Probability Theory.
- Part Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes www
Part of Dave Rusin's excellent Mathematical Atlas. Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes.
- Parrondo Parrondo Paradox www
Parrondo Paradox simulation and a demonstration of the ratchet effect. Parrondo Paradox.
- The Theory of Probability www
The introduction, Probability, formulas, software, algorithms, equations, problems, and calculations. Theory of Probability.
- Part Measure and Integration www
Part of Dave Rusin's excellent Mathematical Atlas Measure and Integration.
- A Applied Probability Society www
A subdivision of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) concerned with the application of probability theory to systems that involve random phenomena. Applied Probability Society.
- An The Laymans Guide to Probability www
An in-depth but easily readable guide on probability theory, Laymans Guide to Probability, covering various aspects of theory with a bias to gambling games. The Laymans Guide to Probability.
- Buffon's Math Surprises: An Example www
Buffon's Needle simulation and a surprising demonstration of Barbier's theorem about shapes of constant width Math Surprises: An Example.
- By Probabilistic Thinking www
By Richard Jeffrey. Thinking. HTML. Probabilistic Thinking.
- A The Probability Web www
A collection of pages maintained by Bob Dobrow to serve people with interests in probability theory and its applications. The Probability Web.
- Probability Probabilistic Learning Activities Network www
Probability activities and simulations in the form of applets and spreadsheets. Learning Activities Network. This site advocates a Question/Hypothesis/Experiment approach to learning probability. Probabilistic Learning Activities Network.
- In The Collector's Problem and the Two-Dimensional Factorial www
In finding a new solution to a classic probability problem concerning the collection of items in a set, Collector's Problem and the Two-Dimensional Factorial, a new and useful recursive function has been found, the "two-dimensional factorial." The Collector's Problem and the Two-Dimensional Factorial.
- Probability Probability Guide for Non-mathematicians www
Probability theory basics, Guide for Non-mathematicians, applications (including to gambling), interpretations, books, free texts. Probability Guide for Non-mathematicians.
- Berlin. Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics (WIAS ) www
Berlin. Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics (WIAS ). Research, publications, products, consultancy. Weierstrass Institute for Applied Analysis and Stochastics (WIAS ).
- Research Critical Phenomena in Probability and Stochastic Processes www
Research group in probability, Phenomena in Probability and Stochastic Processes, University of Sao Paulo. Critical Phenomena in Probability and Stochastic Processes.
- Maintained Harmonic Analysis www
Maintained by Terence Tao, Analysis, UCLA. Lists events, personal pages, preprints, research groups, other links. Harmonic Analysis.
- Established The International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation (ISAAC) www
Established in 1994 to promote and advance analysis, International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation (ISAAC), its applications, and its interaction with computation. Meetings, lists. The International Society for Analysis, its Applications and Computation (ISAAC).
- Explains Fun and Fraud Detection with Benford's Law www
Explains the law, and Fraud Detection with Benford's Law, includes a video demonstration and some reader responses. Fun and Fraud Detection with Benford's Law.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Benford's Law www
Encyclopedia article on this law, Benford's Law, its history, explanations and applications. Wikipedia: Benford's Law.
- Présentes Suquet, Charles www
Présentes des cours de probabilité niveau Deug, Charles, License et agrégation. [PDF]. Suquet, Charles.
- Présente Laboratoire de probabilités de Paris VI www
Présente des cours de second et troisième cycle. Laboratoire de probabilités de Paris VI.
- CUP. Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences www
CUP. the Engineering and Informational Sciences. Focus is on stochastic modelling in the physical and engineering sciences, with particular emphasis on queueing theory, reliability theory, inventory theory, simulation, stochastic control theory and probabilistic networks and graphs. Online text to subscribers. Probability in the Engineering and Informational Sciences.
- Published ESAIM: Probability and Statistics www
Published by the SMAI with the cooperation of the Deutsche Mathematiker-Vereinigung (DMV). Probability and Statistics. Its purpose is to publish papers in the area of probability and statistics, including both theory and applications. ESAIM: Probability and Statistics.
- A. The Legacy of Andrei Nikolaevich Kolmogorov (1903-1987) www
A. Legacy of Andrei Nikolaevich Kolmogorov (1903-1987). N. Kolmogorov works, books, articles, photographs, and portraits. The Legacy of Andrei Nikolaevich Kolmogorov (1903-1987).
- Transcript Conversation with J.L. Doob www
Transcript of a conversation between J. with J.L. Doob. Laurie Snell and Joseph L. Doob, where the latter describes various stages of his life and career. Conversation with J.L. Doob.
- Article How to Read Mathematics www
Article categorizes some of the strategies for a mathematics reading protocol. How to Read Mathematics.
- Dave The Mathematical Atlas www
Dave Rusin's survey of research-level mathematics, Mathematical Atlas, with introductory articles for non-mathematicians and hyperlinked bibliographies in each of dozens of research areas. The Mathematical Atlas.
- Alexa: Probability Math
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Probability Math
- DMOZ: Probability Math
dmoz.org Directory: Probability Math