Bayesian inference is statistical inference in which evidence or observations are used to update or to newly infer the probability that a hypothesis may be true. The name "Bayesian" comes from the frequent use of Bayes' theorem in the inference process. Bayes' theorem was derived from the work of the Reverend Thomas Bayes. Bayesian Analysis Statistics Math Science.
- Wikipedia: Bayesian inference is a method of statistical inference in which Bayes' theorem is used to update the probability for a hypothesis as more evidence or information becomes available. Bayesian inference is an important technique in statistics, and especially in mathematical statistics. Bayesian updating is particularly important in the dynamic analysis of a sequence of data. Bayesian inference has found application in a wide range of activities, including science, engineering, philosophy, medicine, sport, and law. In the philosophy of decision theory, Bayesian inference is closely related to subjective probability, often called "Bayesian probability".
- Bayesian inference Category
- Bayes' theorem - In probability theory and statistics, Bayes' theorem describes the probability of an event, based on prior knowledge of conditions that might be related to the event.
- Bayesian Analysis , the journal of the ISBA.
- Bayesian hierarchical modeling - Bayesian hierarchical modelling is a statistical model written in multiple levels that estimates the parameters of the posterior distribution using the Bayesian method.
- Bayesian probability - Bayesian probability is an interpretation of the concept of probability, in which, instead of frequency or propensity of some phenomenon, probability is interpreted as reasonable expectation representing a state of knowledge or as quantification of a personal belief.
- Bayesian structural time series (BSTS).
- Inductive probability - Inductive probability attempts to give the probability of future events based on past events. It is the basis for inductive reasoning, and gives the mathematical basis for learning and the perception of patterns. It is a source of knowledge about the world.
- Logic and statistics
- Statistical forecasting
- International Society for Bayesian Analysis www
Promotes the development and application of Bayesian statistical theory and methods useful in the solution of theoretical and applied problems in science, Society for Bayesian Analysis, industry and government.
- Encyclopedia Scholarpedia: Bayesian Statistics www
Encyclopedia article on this system for describing epistemological uncertainty using the mathematical language of probability. Scholarpedia: Bayesian Statistics.
- Includes Measurement Decision Theory www
Includes rules, Decision Theory, examples, and information about adaptive testing and sequential decisions. Main ideas are presented using a binary classification (pass/fail) test and a sample three-item test. Measurement Decision Theory.
- Promotes Decision Analysis Society www
Promotes the development and use of logical methods for the improvement of decision-making. Decision Analysis Society.
- Norman Making Sense of Probability: Fallacies, Myths and Puzzles www
Norman Fenton provides many examples of probability problems that people normally get wrong or do not understand. Making Sense of Probability: Fallacies, Myths and Puzzles.
- Part Bayesian Analysis Archive www
Part of the ArXiv e-print repository. Bayesian Analysis Archive.
- A The Bayesian Songbook www
A collection of often humorous songs with bayes-related lyrics sang to popular tunes on the last nights of the Valencia meetings on Bayesian statistics. Bayesian Songbook. Lyrics in LaTeX and postscript formats. Wav files of some songs available. The Bayesian Songbook.
- Online Bayesian Belief Networks www
Online tutorial with an introduction to probability theory and to Bayesian belief networks. Bayesian Belief Networks.
- Information Bayesian Model Averaging www
Information regarding model averaging using Bayesian techniques. Model Averaging. Software and papers available. Bayesian Model Averaging.
- A Non-subjective Bayesian Statistical Methodology www
A website and mailing list on non-subjective priors (e. Bayesian Statistical Methodology.g. non-informative, conventional and reference priors). Non-subjective Bayesian Statistical Methodology.
- The Duke University Institute of Statistics and Decision Sciences www
The institute has a strong focus on Bayesian statistics. Duke University Institute of Statistics and Decision Sciences.
- An Bayesian Inference for the Physical Sciences www
An annotated index for information on Bayesian inference for the physical sciences. Bayesian Inference for the Physical Sciences.
- Part Biography of Reverend Thomas Bayes (1702-1761) www
Part of the University of St. Reverend Thomas Bayes (1702-1761). Andrews History of Mathematics archive. Biography of Reverend Thomas Bayes (1702-1761).
- Promotes Bayesian Programming www
Promotes the thesis that probability is an alternative to logic, Programming, allowing rational decisions to be made with incomplete and uncertain knowledge. Bayesian Programming.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: Bayesian Inference www
Encyclopedia article on the statistical inference in which evidence or observations are used to update or to newly infer the probability that a hypothesis may be true. Wikipedia: Bayesian Inference.
- A Probability Theory As Extended Logic www
A monumental online book by the late E. Theory As Extended Logic. T. Jaynes on Bayesian inference. Also has a number of related articles by other authors. Probability Theory As Extended Logic.
- A Bayesian Research Conference www
A diverse conference on various aspects of Bayesian decision making held each year in mid February in Studio City, Research Conference, California. Bayesian Research Conference.
- Theory, Bayesian Nonparametric Regression www
Theory, Nonparametric Regression, Methods and Applications. Research session at the Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, UK; 30 July -- 24 August 2007. Bayesian Nonparametric Regression.
- Comments, Operations Research by the Beach www
Comments, Research by the Beach, ideas and analysis of real-life problems from the perspective of an operations researcher. Operations Research by the Beach.
- Outlines Queueing Theory Basics www
Outlines analytical models for customer waiting times for services. Queueing Theory Basics.
- Supports Software for Flexible Bayesian Modelling by Radford Neal www
Supports Bayesian regression and classification based on neural networks, for Flexible Bayesian Modelling by Radford Neal, Gaussian processes and mixture models using a variety of Markov chain sampling methods. Software for Flexible Bayesian Modelling by Radford Neal.
- Fortran/S-plus Bayesian Time Series Analysis by Mike West www
Fortran/S-plus software for nonstationary time series analysis and autoregression component models and the BATS software for the book "Applied Bayesian Forecasting and Time Series Analysis". Bayesian Time Series Analysis by Mike West.
- Describes Adaptive Designs www
Describes adaptive statistical designs and their benefits, Designs, and some programs for optimizing and analyzing such designs. Adaptive Designs.
- Frequently SEMNET FAQ www
Frequently asked questions about structural equation modeling. SEMNET FAQ.
- Alexa: Bayesian Analysis Statistics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Bayesian Analysis Statistics
- DMOZ: Bayesian Analysis Statistics
dmoz.org Directory: Bayesian Analysis Statistics