"Physics is the study and application of the fundamental laws of nature, including the laws of motion, gravity, electromagnetism, heat, and microscopic interactions. These laws govern the behavior of objects at all scales, from the smallest subatomic particles to the entire observable universe. In between, physicists study nuclear reactions, the interactions of atoms with light, properties of solids, chaotic dynamics of fluids, and the evolution of stars and galaxies, among many other applications." If this doesn't tickle your fancy, there is always the quote from Rutherford: "In science, there is only physics; all the rest is stamp collecting." Physics Science.
Physics (from Ancient Greek: φυσική (ἐπιστήμη) phusikḗ (epistḗmē) "knowledge of nature", from φύσις phúsis "nature" ) is the natural science that involves the study of matter and its motion through space and time, along with related concepts such as energy and force. (wikipedia)
- Physics The natural science that involves the study of matter and its motion and behavior through...
- Nobel Prize in Physics A yearly award given by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences for those who conferred the most...
- Particle physics The branch of physics that studies the nature of the particles that constitute matter and radiation.
- Physics (Aristotle) A named text, written in ancient Greek, collated from a collection of surviving manuscripts known...
- Physics (band) An instrumental band from San Diego, California, USA started by John D. Goff and Denver Lucas in...
- Physics (American Physical Society journal) An open access online publication containing commentaries on the best of the peer-reviewed...
- Physics (Chinese Physical Society journal) The Chinese Physical Society a professional society of physicists established in 1932.
- Geophysics A subject of natural science concerned with the physical processes and physical properties of the...
- Mathematical physics Mathematical physics refers to the development of mathematical methods for application to...
- Mesoscopic physics A subdiscipline of condensed matter physics that deals with materials of an intermediate length.
- Theoretical physics A branch of physics that employs mathematical models and abstractions of physical objects and...
- A Physics Post www
A tutorial and article driven community. Post. Votes, science news and a discussion forum. Physics Post.
- International World Year of Physics 2005 www
International effort to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Miraculous Year (1905) and raise public awareness of physics. World Year of Physics 2005.
- MIT The Net Advance of Physics www
MIT resource providing discussions at various levels of sophistication that cover all areas of physics. The Net Advance of Physics.
- The Physics Today www
The flagship publication of the American Institute of Physics (AIP). Today. Provides feature articles, news stories, analyses, book and product reviews, a searchable job database, and obituaries. Physics Today.
- Provides Physics 2000 www
Provides an interactive opportunity to learn visually and conceptually about 20th Century science and high-tech devices. Physics 2000.
- Links PhysLINK www
Links to physics departments, PhysLINK, physical societies, journals, job information, and other physics related information. PhysLINK.
- An TheTangentBundle Physics Project www
An experimental wiki-based collection of user-contributed articles on graduate level physics topics including subjects such as string theory, Physics Project, quantum field theory, mathematical physics and quantum mechanics. TheTangentBundle Physics Project.
- Searchable Physics.org www
Searchable database of physics resources from the Institute of Physics which matches a person's question, Physics.org, age and knowledge profile to handpicked sites. Also includes the Physics Life animation. Physics.org.
- Diagrams Physics News Graphics www
Diagrams (with captions) appearing in various AIP publications, News Graphics, sorted by category or by date. Physics News Graphics.
- A Physics Central www
A page on modern physics, Central, such as quantum mechanics and black holes, and some mathematics. Physics Central.
- News, Physics Today www
News, Today, feature articles, reviews, obituaries, and other items from the monthly magazine for the physics community. Physics Today.
- Serves Physnet: The Physics Departments and Documents Network www
Serves information from physics departments and institutes worldwide: departmental information, The Physics Departments and Documents Network, locally stored documents, authoring tools, free access journals, jobs, conferences and education material. Physnet: The Physics Departments and Documents Network.
- Articles, Physics on MathPages www
Articles, MathPages, leaning towards a mathematical description, on a wide range of topics in physics. Physics on MathPages.
- Online Eric Weisstein's Treasure Trove of Physics www
Online encyclopedia of physics terms and formulas. Weisstein's Treasure Trove of Physics. Full searchable, and also browsable alphabetically and by topic. Part of Eric's Treasure Troves of Science. Eric Weisstein's Treasure Trove of Physics.
- Hierarchical Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme (PACS) www
Hierarchical numbering scheme, and Astronomy Classification Scheme (PACS), developed by the American Institute of Physics, used to identify fields and sub-fields of physics. Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme (PACS).
- Researchers Beyond Discovery: Sounding Out the Ocean's Secrets www
Researchers apply their knowledge of how sound travels through water to carry out a myriad of tasks such as detecting underwater eruptions, Discovery: Sounding Out the Ocean's Secrets, measuring ocean temperature, and monitoring marine mammal behavior. Beyond Discovery: Sounding Out the Ocean's Secrets.
- Acoustic Architectural Acoustics and Lighting www
Acoustic and lighting definitions and concepts. Acoustics and Lighting. Reference for architects and interior designers. Architectural Acoustics and Lighting.
- A Unified Theory of Fields and Matter www
A revolutionary theory has been proposed by N. Theory of Fields and Matter. A. Liashko that represents a new view of physics. Unified Theory of Fields and Matter.
- Online Special and General Relativity Analogies www
Online book by Bob Ticer challenging the consistency of theories in modern physics with regard to gravity, and General Relativity Analogies, special relativity, general relativity and quantum physics. Special and General Relativity Analogies.
- Fun Astronomy Facts and Trivia www
Fun facts and trivia relating to astronomy, Facts and Trivia, space, science fiction movies. Most trivia items are submitted by users. Astronomy Facts and Trivia.
- Information Astronomy Today www
Information and articles on astronomy, Today, space and related topics. Also features a friendly forum and a telescope buyer's FAQ page. Astronomy Today.
- Teaching Physics Topics - Teaching Notes www
Teaching notes on celestial mechanics, Topics - Teaching Notes, classical mechanics, and stellar atmospheres. Physics Topics - Teaching Notes.
- A Dyson Sphere www
A list of frequently asked questions with answers. Dyson Sphere.
- Provides The Community Coordinated Modeling Center www
Provides the space weather research community with model runs on request, Community Coordinated Modeling Center, visualization and analysis tools, validation and metrics information, and experimental real-time model runs and coupled model runs. The Community Coordinated Modeling Center.
- Overview Secrets of the Polar Aurora www
Overview of the polar aurora, the Polar Aurora, by a scientist; illustrated, with history and relevant physics. Secrets of the Polar Aurora.
- Provides Biophysics and Bioimaging www
Provides lecture notes for the undergraduate courses held at the Centenary College of Louisiana. Biophysics and Bioimaging.
- Annotated Nucleic Acid Hydration www
Annotated overview of the hydration of nucleic acids along with proteins and polysaccharides. Nucleic Acid Hydration.
- Alexa: Physics Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Physics Science
- DMOZ: Physics Science
dmoz.org Directory: Physics Science