"Physics is the study and application of the fundamental laws of nature, including the laws of motion, gravity, electromagnetism, heat, and microscopic interactions. These laws govern the behavior of objects at all scales, from the smallest subatomic particles to the entire observable universe. In between, physicists study nuclear reactions, the interactions of atoms with light, properties of solids, chaotic dynamics of fluids, and the evolution of stars and galaxies, among many other applications." If this doesn't tickle your fancy, there is always the quote from Rutherford: "In science, there is only physics; all the rest is stamp collecting." Physics Science.
Physics (from Ancient Greek: φυσική (ἐπιστήμη) phusikḗ (epistḗmē) "knowledge of nature", from φύσις phúsis "nature" ) is the natural science that involves the study of matter and its motion through space and time, along with related concepts such as energy and force. (wikipedia)
- Physics The natural science that involves the study of matter and its motion and behavior through...
- Nobel Prize in Physics A yearly award given by the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences for those who conferred the most...
- Particle physics The branch of physics that studies the nature of the particles that constitute matter and radiation.
- Physics (Aristotle) A named text, written in ancient Greek, collated from a collection of surviving manuscripts known...
- Physics (band) An instrumental band from San Diego, California, USA started by John D. Goff and Denver Lucas in...
- Physics (American Physical Society journal) An open access online publication containing commentaries on the best of the peer-reviewed...
- Physics (Chinese Physical Society journal) The Chinese Physical Society a professional society of physicists established in 1932.
- Geophysics A subject of natural science concerned with the physical processes and physical properties of the...
- Mathematical physics Mathematical physics refers to the development of mathematical methods for application to...
- Mesoscopic physics A subdiscipline of condensed matter physics that deals with materials of an intermediate length.
- Theoretical physics A branch of physics that employs mathematical models and abstractions of physical objects and...
- Online Eric Weisstein's Treasure Trove of Physics www
Online encyclopedia of physics terms and formulas. Weisstein's Treasure Trove of Physics. Full searchable, and also browsable alphabetically and by topic. Part of Eric's Treasure Troves of Science. Eric Weisstein's Treasure Trove of Physics.
- Links PhysLINK www
Links to physics departments, PhysLINK, physical societies, journals, job information, and other physics related information. PhysLINK.
- Serves Physnet: The Physics Departments and Documents Network www
Serves information from physics departments and institutes worldwide: departmental information, The Physics Departments and Documents Network, locally stored documents, authoring tools, free access journals, jobs, conferences and education material. Physnet: The Physics Departments and Documents Network.
- Provides Physics 2000 www
Provides an interactive opportunity to learn visually and conceptually about 20th Century science and high-tech devices. Physics 2000.
- Searchable Physics.org www
Searchable database of physics resources from the Institute of Physics which matches a person's question, Physics.org, age and knowledge profile to handpicked sites. Also includes the Physics Life animation. Physics.org.
- A Physics Post www
A tutorial and article driven community. Post. Votes, science news and a discussion forum. Physics Post.
- International World Year of Physics 2005 www
International effort to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Miraculous Year (1905) and raise public awareness of physics. World Year of Physics 2005.
- News, Physics Today www
News, Today, feature articles, reviews, obituaries, and other items from the monthly magazine for the physics community. Physics Today.
- Hierarchical Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme (PACS) www
Hierarchical numbering scheme, and Astronomy Classification Scheme (PACS), developed by the American Institute of Physics, used to identify fields and sub-fields of physics. Physics and Astronomy Classification Scheme (PACS).
- Diagrams Physics News Graphics www
Diagrams (with captions) appearing in various AIP publications, News Graphics, sorted by category or by date. Physics News Graphics.
- An TheTangentBundle Physics Project www
An experimental wiki-based collection of user-contributed articles on graduate level physics topics including subjects such as string theory, Physics Project, quantum field theory, mathematical physics and quantum mechanics. TheTangentBundle Physics Project.
- Articles, Physics on MathPages www
Articles, MathPages, leaning towards a mathematical description, on a wide range of topics in physics. Physics on MathPages.
- The Physics Today www
The flagship publication of the American Institute of Physics (AIP). Today. Provides feature articles, news stories, analyses, book and product reviews, a searchable job database, and obituaries. Physics Today.
- A Physics Central www
A page on modern physics, Central, such as quantum mechanics and black holes, and some mathematics. Physics Central.
- MIT The Net Advance of Physics www
MIT resource providing discussions at various levels of sophistication that cover all areas of physics. The Net Advance of Physics.
- Information Sound and Vibration Magazine www
Information for subscriptions, and Vibration Magazine, and review of recent issues and events affecting noise and vibration control. Sound and Vibration Magazine.
- Describes Introduction to Spectrum Analysis www
Describes the procedure of conducting spectrum analysis and applications for this type of test. Spectrum Analysis. Page includes diagrams. Introduction to Spectrum Analysis.
- Blog What's Happened to Physics? www
Blog from Ray Dickensen discussing the present state of physics. Happened to Physics?. What's Happened to Physics?.
- A The Swedish Association for New Physics www
A non-profit association aiming to be a forum for research at the border of or outside established scientific paradigms. The Swedish Association for New Physics.
- Contains An Atlas of the Universe www
Contains 3D maps of the universe zooming out from the nearest stars to the scale of the galaxy and out to the surrounding superclusters and finally to the scale of the known universe. An Atlas of the Universe.
- Offers Cosmos Portal www
Offers information on astronomy and space science including news, Portal, events, blogs, images, videos and links to other sites. It is written and compiled by experts. Cosmos Portal.
- Hypothesis Cause of the Spectral Characteristics of Quasars www
Hypothesis which attempts to explain the characteristics of quasi-stellar objects as optical illusions created by gravitational lensing and other phenomena. Cause of the Spectral Characteristics of Quasars.
- Introductory Astrophysics and Astronomy www
Introductory essays on astrophysics and astronomy. Astrophysics and Astronomy.
- Very Space Weather Resources www
Very large, Weather Resources, categorized collection of links related to the interaction of solar wind and the magnetosphere. Space Weather Resources.
- The 1976 Standard Atmosphere Calculator www
The online 1976 standard atmosphere calculator computes atmospheric properties like density, Standard Atmosphere Calculator, temperature, pressure and speed of sound up to 86 kilometers altitude. Graphics and a table generator are included. 1976 Standard Atmosphere Calculator.
- UIUC Biological Energy Conversion www
UIUC course explores the major mechanisms of bioenergetics, Energy Conversion, with particular emphasis on respiration and photosynthesis, and the tools required to describe these processes. Biological Energy Conversion.
- Information Information Biophysics Epidermis www
Information on research being undertaken into the layer that forms the border between the body of an organismt and the environment. Information Biophysics Epidermis.
- Alexa: Physics Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Physics Science
- DMOZ: Physics Science
dmoz.org Directory: Physics Science