Includes reference webpages and tools for general science or those that would apply to several different disciplines. Some examples would be lists of constants, measurement conversions, online calculators, formula tables, exact time, properties of materials, and technical standards. Reference Science.
References can take on many forms, including: a thought, a sensory perception that is audible ( onomatopoeia ), visual (text), olfactory, or tactile, emotional state, relationship with other, spacetime coordinate, symbolic or alpha-numeric, a physical object or an energy projection. (wikipedia)
- Reference A relation between objects in which one object designates, or acts as a means by which to connect...
- Terms of reference Terms of reference define the purpose and structure of a project, committee, meeting, negotiation...
- Reference (C++) A simple reference datatype that is less powerful but safer than the pointer type inherited from C.
- Reference (computer science) A value that enables a program to indirectly access a particular datum, such as a variable or a...
- Reference work A book or periodical to which one can refer for information.
- Reference desk A public service counter where professional librarians provide library users with direction to...
- Digital reference A service by which a library reference service is conducted online, and the reference transaction...
- Reference (film) A 1985 Bulgarian drama film directed by Christo Christov.
- Reference.com Reference.com is an online encyclopedia, thesaurus, and dictionary.
- Reference design Reference design refers to a technical blueprint of a system that is intended for others to copy.
- Reference question A submission by the federal or a provincial government to the courts asking for an advisory...
- Physics and Science Reference by PhysLINK.com www
Includes physical constants, and Science Reference by PhysLINK.com, online unit conversions, periodic table of elements, exact time, fundamental physical formulae and equations.
- Online Knovel www
Online reference collection used by applied scientists and practicing engineers to quickly locate technical information. Knovel.
- A RefScout www
A weekly, RefScout, scientific reference mailing service. RefScout.
- Expands The Constants and Equations Pages www
Expands reference resources for science, Constants and Equations Pages, maths, and astronomy. The Constants and Equations Pages.
- Descriptions, Science and Engineering Encyclopedia www
Descriptions, and Engineering Encyclopedia, equations, calculators, conversions and material data for engineering, mathematics, physics and chemistry. Science and Engineering Encyclopedia.
- Directory CalcTool www
- Online Eformulae.com www
Online resource providing engineering, Eformulae.com, science, math, physics and chemistry formulae for reference. Eformulae.com.
- Gives Beta-Theta www
Gives general definitions, Beta-Theta, background and examples from the science fields of biology, physics, chemistry, math, and history. Includes forum boards. Beta-Theta.
- Computes NPL Acoustics: Calculation of Absorption of Sound by the Atmosphere www
Computes the attenuation coefficient according to ISO 9613-1 as a function of frequency, Acoustics: Calculation of Absorption of Sound by the Atmosphere, temperature, humidity and pressure. NPL Acoustics: Calculation of Absorption of Sound by the Atmosphere.
- A Tables of Acoustic Properties of Materials www
A number of pdf files with the ultrasonic and acoustic properties of solids, Acoustic Properties of Materials, liquids, gases, plastics, rubbers, longitudinal piezoelectric and shear piezoelectric. Tables of Acoustic Properties of Materials.
- Publications Scientific Visualization Bibliography www
Publications and research documents catalogued by title, Visualization Bibliography, author, and date. Scientific Visualization Bibliography.
- An Transcendental Meditation Research www
An annotated bibliography of published papers including scientific studies listed by topic with annotations that summarize their findings. Transcendental Meditation Research.
- Explains Biology Reference www
Explains biological concepts in hundreds of illustrated articles arranged alphabetically. Biology Reference.
- Multi-country International HapMap Project www
Multi-country effort to identify and catalog genetic similarities and differences between human beings. HapMap Project. Includes information on the project, data, publications and a tutorial presentation. International HapMap Project.
- Provides Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) www
Provides pathways to published research in the world's journal and patent literature through tools such as SciFinder, Abstracts Service (CAS), SciFinder Scholar and STN. CAS databases provide access to over 25 million documents, 26 million chemical substances, and 56 million sequences. Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS).
- Contains Public Chromatography Applications Database www
Contains HPLC and GC applications provided by major vendors of chromatography equipment. Chromatography Applications Database. Can be searched by numerous chromatographic parameters, as well as by structure, substructure, and structural similarity. Public Chromatography Applications Database.
- Identify The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences (OEIS) www
Identify a sequence by entering few terms in the sequence. On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences (OEIS). Additional information includes examples, formulas, and related links. The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences (OEIS).
- A Math formulas www
A large , formulas, free online lists of mathematics formulas. Collection of all basic and advanced formulas related to mathematics. Math formulas.
- [Basic Periodic Table of the Elements www
[Basic data] Interactive periodic table. Periodic Table of the Elements.
- [Basic Model Periodic Table - Model Science Software www
[Basic data] Interactive periodic table by Model Science Software. Periodic Table - Model Science Software. Available in English and Spanish, web based, Windows and Mac versions. Includes customizable quiz features. Model Periodic Table - Model Science Software.
- Alexa: Reference Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Reference Science
- DMOZ: Reference Science
dmoz.org Directory: Reference Science