Includes reference webpages and tools for general science or those that would apply to several different disciplines. Some examples would be lists of constants, measurement conversions, online calculators, formula tables, exact time, properties of materials, and technical standards. Reference Science.
References can take on many forms, including: a thought, a sensory perception that is audible ( onomatopoeia ), visual (text), olfactory, or tactile, emotional state, relationship with other, spacetime coordinate, symbolic or alpha-numeric, a physical object or an energy projection. (wikipedia)
- Reference A relation between objects in which one object designates, or acts as a means by which to connect...
- Terms of reference Terms of reference define the purpose and structure of a project, committee, meeting, negotiation...
- Reference (C++) A simple reference datatype that is less powerful but safer than the pointer type inherited from C.
- Reference (computer science) A value that enables a program to indirectly access a particular datum, such as a variable or a...
- Reference work A book or periodical to which one can refer for information.
- Reference desk A public service counter where professional librarians provide library users with direction to...
- Digital reference A service by which a library reference service is conducted online, and the reference transaction...
- Reference (film) A 1985 Bulgarian drama film directed by Christo Christov.
- Reference.com Reference.com is an online encyclopedia, thesaurus, and dictionary.
- Reference design Reference design refers to a technical blueprint of a system that is intended for others to copy.
- Reference question A submission by the federal or a provincial government to the courts asking for an advisory...
- Physics and Science Reference by PhysLINK.com www
Includes physical constants, and Science Reference by PhysLINK.com, online unit conversions, periodic table of elements, exact time, fundamental physical formulae and equations.
- Online Eformulae.com www
Online resource providing engineering, Eformulae.com, science, math, physics and chemistry formulae for reference. Eformulae.com.
- Gives Beta-Theta www
Gives general definitions, Beta-Theta, background and examples from the science fields of biology, physics, chemistry, math, and history. Includes forum boards. Beta-Theta.
- Online Knovel www
Online reference collection used by applied scientists and practicing engineers to quickly locate technical information. Knovel.
- Directory CalcTool www
- Expands The Constants and Equations Pages www
Expands reference resources for science, Constants and Equations Pages, maths, and astronomy. The Constants and Equations Pages.
- A RefScout www
A weekly, RefScout, scientific reference mailing service. RefScout.
- Descriptions, Science and Engineering Encyclopedia www
Descriptions, and Engineering Encyclopedia, equations, calculators, conversions and material data for engineering, mathematics, physics and chemistry. Science and Engineering Encyclopedia.
- Extensive Acoustic Material Tables www
Extensive table of acoustic properties, Material Tables, expanded from the late Alan Selfridge's 1985 paper. Acoustic Material Tables.
- Computes NPL Acoustics: Calculation of Absorption of Sound by the Atmosphere www
Computes the attenuation coefficient according to ISO 9613-1 as a function of frequency, Acoustics: Calculation of Absorption of Sound by the Atmosphere, temperature, humidity and pressure. NPL Acoustics: Calculation of Absorption of Sound by the Atmosphere.
- A Natural History Bibliographies www
A substantial listing of links to natural history online bibliographies. History Bibliographies. From the University of Washington Libraries. Natural History Bibliographies.
- Toxic USGS Toxics Program www
Toxic substances hydrology program bibliography database providing scientific information on the behavior of toxic substances in the nation's hydrologic environments. USGS Toxics Program.
- A XTractor www
A knowledgebase of semantically annotated and categorized biomedical facts derived from published scientific literature, XTractor, provided by PubMed. XTractor.
- Arctic Arctic Theme Page www
Arctic sea ice ecology, Theme Page, organisms from bacteria, viruses, and unicellular algae to mammals (polar bears, reindeer, fox, whales) text, maps and photographs (current and historical). NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration) site provides access to widely distributed Arctic data and information for scientists, managers, decision makers and the general public on one of the last remaining frontiers. Arctic Theme Page.
- Database NIST Chemistry WebBook www
Database of organic chemistry compounds, Chemistry WebBook, organized by species. Contains chemical and physical property data on over 30,000 compounds. NIST Chemistry WebBook.
- Comprehensive Organic Reactions on Wiley InterScience www
Comprehensive database of important synthetic reactions, Reactions on Wiley InterScience, with all published examples of the topic reactions. Organic Reactions on Wiley InterScience.
- Mathematics Math Tube www
Mathematics lecture videos and talks taken from The Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences (PIMS) member universities and around the world. Math Tube.
- An The Math Reference Project www
An electronic archive of articles by Karl Dahlke on topics ranging from high school geometry up to graduate level topology. The Math Reference Project.
- [Very WebElements www
[Very comprehensive, WebElements, includes very detailed write ups, basic nuclide data, extensive graphics] Professional scientists and students at school will all find something useful. Includes thousands of images relating to periodicity and structure. WebElements.
- [Basic eFunda: Periodic Table www
[Basic data] Interactive periodic table. Periodic Table. Includes electrical resistivity, vaporization enthalpy and heat capacity. eFunda: Periodic Table.
- Alexa: Reference Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Reference Science
- DMOZ: Reference Science
dmoz.org Directory: Reference Science