This section lists engines which search databases of scientific information and literature. Search Engines Science.
A web search engine is a software system that is designed to search for information on the World Wide Web. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A web search engine is a software system that is designed to search for information on the World Wide Web. The search results are generally presented in a line of results often referred to as search engine results pages. The information may be a mix of web pages, images, and other types of files. Some search engines also mine data available in databases or open directories. Unlike web directories, which are maintained only by human editors, search engines also maintain real-time information by running an algorithm on a web crawler.
- Canadian inventions
- Internet terminology
- History of the Internet
- Internet search engines
- Search Scirus www
Search engine that fetches only scientific websites. Scirus.
- Scientific Science-advisor.net www
Scientific search engine and online forum. Science-advisor.net. Researchers and students can search the scientific literature and can freely and anonymously discuss and review research articles. Science-advisor.net.
- A WorldWideScience www
A search which uses multilateral partnerships to search national and international databases. WorldWideScience.
- Allows MyNetResearch.com www
Allows researchers worldwide to collaborate, MyNetResearch.com, manage projects, stay informed about the latest research developments in their subject specializations, and use specialist tools to help them with research. MyNetResearch.com.
- Scientific Article Sciences www
Scientific article search and order engine, Sciences, a service provided by Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique (INIST) of Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), France. Article Sciences.
- A Science Dictionary www
A science search engine, Dictionary, which pulls data from scientific web sites. Science Dictionary.
- Scientific CiteSeer www
Scientific literature digital library and search engine. CiteSeer.
- A Online Journals Search Engine www
A multi-search tool that permits queries of a number of scientific journals. Online Journals Search Engine.
- A ISI Highly Cited www
A search tool to identify individuals, Highly Cited, departments and laboratories that have made fundamental contributions to the advancement of science and technology in recent decades. ISI Highly Cited.
- A Bio Notebook www
A search engine that queries biology sites. Bio Notebook.
- Biology VADLO www
Biology and medical search engine and biology research cartoons. VADLO.
- Provides Virtual Library www
Provides access to a vast array of energy, Library, science, and technology information. Virtual Library.
- Research EFG's Color Reference Library www
Research resource aimed toward color reference, Color Reference Library, but includes links to science, technology, and educational resources. EFG's Color Reference Library.
- Experimental Citebase Search www
Experimental demonstration of the Open Citation Project. Search. Search citations by paper or author. Citebase Search.
- Covers Directory of Open Access Journals www
Covers many free full-text mathematics and scientific journals (most are peer reviewed). Directory of Open Access Journals.
- Alexa: Search Engines Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Search Engines Science
- DMOZ: Search Engines Science
dmoz.org Directory: Search Engines Science