This section lists engines which search databases of scientific information and literature. Search Engines Science.
A web search engine is a software system that is designed to search for information on the World Wide Web. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: A web search engine is a software system that is designed to search for information on the World Wide Web. The search results are generally presented in a line of results often referred to as search engine results pages. The information may be a mix of web pages, images, and other types of files. Some search engines also mine data available in databases or open directories. Unlike web directories, which are maintained only by human editors, search engines also maintain real-time information by running an algorithm on a web crawler.
- Canadian inventions
- Internet terminology
- History of the Internet
- Internet search engines
- Scientific Science-advisor.net www
Scientific search engine and online forum. Science-advisor.net. Researchers and students can search the scientific literature and can freely and anonymously discuss and review research articles. Science-advisor.net.
- A Online Journals Search Engine www
A multi-search tool that permits queries of a number of scientific journals. Online Journals Search Engine.
- Allows MyNetResearch.com www
Allows researchers worldwide to collaborate, MyNetResearch.com, manage projects, stay informed about the latest research developments in their subject specializations, and use specialist tools to help them with research. MyNetResearch.com.
- Scientific CiteSeer www
Scientific literature digital library and search engine. CiteSeer.
- A ISI Highly Cited www
A search tool to identify individuals, Highly Cited, departments and laboratories that have made fundamental contributions to the advancement of science and technology in recent decades. ISI Highly Cited.
- A Science Dictionary www
A science search engine, Dictionary, which pulls data from scientific web sites. Science Dictionary.
- Search Scirus www
Search engine that fetches only scientific websites. Scirus.
- A WorldWideScience www
A search which uses multilateral partnerships to search national and international databases. WorldWideScience.
- Scientific Article Sciences www
Scientific article search and order engine, Sciences, a service provided by Institut de l'Information Scientifique et Technique (INIST) of Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), France. Article Sciences.
- Life NextBio www
Life sciences search engine. NextBio.
- Knowledge-based GoPubMed www
Knowledge-based search engine for biomedical texts. GoPubMed. It allows users to identify experts in the biomedical field. GoPubMed.
- Provides Virtual Library www
Provides access to a vast array of energy, Library, science, and technology information. Virtual Library.
- Descriptions, Strategian www
Descriptions, Strategian, ratings and links for a few "top internet sites" in biology, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics, and psychology. Strategian.
- Easiest Front for the LANL ArXiv www
Easiest search access to papers posted on the preeminent Los Alamos National Lab (LANL) Physics and Mathematics preprint server (arXiv). Front for the LANL ArXiv.
- Search Hypertext Bibliography Project www
Search enabled database of citations for a large selection of computer science specialties. Bibliography Project. Authors may add bibliographic lists or contextual references to their work. Hypertext Bibliography Project.
- Alexa: Search Engines Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Search Engines Science
- DMOZ: Search Engines Science
dmoz.org Directory: Search Engines Science