The social sciences are branches of human knowledge related to the study of humans and human society including the fields of economics, psychology, anthropology, sociology, and political science, as well as related fields and subfields which apply scientific methods to the human condition. Social Sciences Science.
Social science is a major category of academic disciplines, concerned with society and the relationships among individuals within a society. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Social science is a major category of academic disciplines, concerned with society and the relationships among individuals within a society. Social science as a whole has many branches, each of which is considered a social science. The social sciences include, but are not limited to: anthropology, archaeology, economics, history, human geography, jurisprudence, linguistics, political science, psychology, public health, and sociology. The term is also sometimes used to refer specifically to the field of sociology, the original "science of society", established in the 19th century. For a more detailed list of sub-disciplines within the social sciences see: Outline of social science.
- Social sciences
- Academic disciplines
- Scientific disciplines
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Offers McNeese State University: Social Sciences www
Offers curricula in criminal justice, State University: Social Sciences, government, paralegal studies and sociology. (Lake Charles, LA). McNeese State University: Social Sciences.
- Department Western Connecticut State University: Social Sciences www
Department history, Connecticut State University: Social Sciences, degree programs and faculty. Western Connecticut State University: Social Sciences.
- Offers California Academy of Sciences www
Offers educational exhibits and events. Academy of Sciences. Features research and publications, collection highlights, on-line database of artifacts and information on the Academy's Traditional Arts Program. Located in San Francisco, California. California Academy of Sciences.
- Frequently FAQs for Sci.Anthropology www
Frequently asked questions for the Usenet newsgroup. for Sci.Anthropology. Offers basic information on the field. FAQs for Sci.Anthropology.
- Archaeology The Archaeology Channel www
Archaeology and related subjects presented through streaming media by the Oregon-based Archaeological Legacy Institute. Archaeology Channel. Videos can be viewed on-line and purchased. The Archaeology Channel.
- Archaeology Archaeology Pages www
Archaeology related articles and galleries by James Q. Pages. Jacobs, covering archaeogeodesy, prehistory, paleoanthropology, the Andes, Mesoamerica, American Southwest and rock art. Archaeology Pages.
- Interactive FedStats - International, State, County, & Local Area Statistics www
Interactive access to statistics and information produced by more than 100 U. International, State, County, & Local Area Statistics.S. Federal Government agencies. FedStats - International, State, County, & Local Area Statistics.
- Network Culturelink Network www
Network of networks for research and cooperation in cultural development. Network. Features databank of regional policies, institutions, and resources; current publications and research; membership and participation information. Culturelink Network.
- John ACT Research Home Page www
John Anderson's ACT-R theory of cognition is a cognitive architecture aimed at computer simulating a full range of cognitive tasks. ACT Research Home Page.
- Links Facial Expression Resources on the Web www
Links to resources for research on facial expressions. Facial Expression Resources on the Web.
- Tutorials, Happy Fun Communication Land www
Tutorials, Fun Communication Land, study questions, glossary, and citations facilitate secondary or undergraduate learning about communication theory. Whole site is searchable. Happy Fun Communication Land.
- Articles Melcrum www
Articles on aspects of communication in corporations, Melcrum, including public relations, measurement and change management. Melcrum.
- Alexa: Social Sciences Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Social Sciences Science
- DMOZ: Social Sciences Science
dmoz.org Directory: Social Sciences Science