The social sciences are branches of human knowledge related to the study of humans and human society including the fields of economics, psychology, anthropology, sociology, and political science, as well as related fields and subfields which apply scientific methods to the human condition. Social Sciences Science.
Social science is a major category of academic disciplines, concerned with society and the relationships among individuals within a society. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Social science is a major category of academic disciplines, concerned with society and the relationships among individuals within a society. It in turn has many branches, each of which is considered a social science. The social sciences include, but are not limited to: anthropology, archaeology, demography, economics, history, human geography, jurisprudence, linguistics, management, political science, art, religion, culture, literature, psychology, and sociology. The term is also sometimes used to refer specifically to the field of sociology, the original 'science of society', established in the 19th century. A more detailed list of sub-disciplines within the social sciences can be found at Outline of social science.
- Social sciences
- Academic disciplines
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Information Faculty of Business Administration, Economics and Social Sciences, Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg www
Information for prospective students, Business Administration, Economics and Social Sciences, Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, research, international study programs, and course requirements. Faculty of Business Administration, Economics and Social Sciences, Friedrich-Alexander-University of Erlangen-Nuremberg.
- Offers University of Virginia's College: Social Sciences www
Offers degrees in Administration of Justice, Virginia's College: Social Sciences, Government, Psychology and Sociology. (Wise, VA) University of Virginia's College: Social Sciences.
- The NSF Anthropology Program www
The National Science Foundation's research initiative to promote basic scientific research on the causes and consequences of human social and cultural variation. Anthropology Program. Features grants and awards information, staff directory, and history of the program. NSF Anthropology Program.
- A Anthropological Center for Training www
A research group at Indiana University, Center for Training, Bloomington that focuses on the human dimensions of global environment change. Features information on training, an online newsletter, and provides a list of publications. Anthropological Center for Training.
- Highlights Saving Antiquities For Everyone www
Highlights issues related to cultural heritage and its vulnerability to looting and the illicit antiquities trade. Antiquities For Everyone. SAFE's mission is to increase public awareness of the importance of preserving cultural heritage worldwide. Saving Antiquities For Everyone.
- Kevin Archaeology: An Introduction www
Kevin Greene's selection of Internet links to supplement the 4th edition of his book, Introduction, by chapter and section, with alphabetical index. Archaeology: An Introduction.
- Supports Institute for International, Comparative, and Area Studies www
Supports research for international and comparative subjects. for International, Comparative, and Area Studies. Includes list of current studies, events calendar and resources. Institute for International, Comparative, and Area Studies.
- A Institute for Global Studies www
A research unit at Johns Hopkins University that specializes in the study of global power, for Global Studies, culture, and history. Features newsletter, calendar of events and program information. Institute for Global Studies.
- An The Computer Revolution in Philosophy www
An online (scanned) version of the 1978 book by Aaron Sloman. The Computer Revolution in Philosophy.
- Links The Modularity Home Page www
Links to resources and online papers on modularity in cognitive sciences, Modularity Home Page, neurosciences, evolutionary biology and AI. The Modularity Home Page.
- Interactive Reaching Out: The Evolution of Communication www
Interactive educational site discusses changes in communication technology, Out: The Evolution of Communication, from hieroglyphics to the printing press to the Web. Reaching Out: The Evolution of Communication.
- Tutorials, Happy Fun Communication Land www
Tutorials, Fun Communication Land, study questions, glossary, and citations facilitate secondary or undergraduate learning about communication theory. Whole site is searchable. Happy Fun Communication Land.
- Alexa: Social Sciences Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Social Sciences Science
- DMOZ: Social Sciences Science
dmoz.org Directory: Social Sciences Science