The social sciences are branches of human knowledge related to the study of humans and human society including the fields of economics, psychology, anthropology, sociology, and political science, as well as related fields and subfields which apply scientific methods to the human condition. Social Sciences Science.
Social science is a major category of academic disciplines, concerned with society and the relationships among individuals within a society. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Social science is a major category of academic disciplines, concerned with society and the relationships among individuals within a society. It in turn has many branches, each of which is considered a social "science". The social sciences include, but are not limited to, economics, political science, human geography, demography, management, psychology, sociology, anthropology, archaeology, jurisprudence, history, and linguistics. The term is also sometimes used to refer specifically to the field of sociology, the original 'science of society', established in the 19th century. A more detailed list of sub-disciplines within the social sciences can be found at Outline of social science.
- Social sciences
- Academic disciplines
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Department California Polytechnic State University: Social Sciences www
Department information, Polytechnic State University: Social Sciences, the faculty, majors and concentrations, internships, courses and careers. (San Luis Obispo, CA) California Polytechnic State University: Social Sciences.
- Information Department of Social Sciences, United States Military Academy www
Information for cadets, Social Sciences, United States Military Academy, cadet candidates, faculty, former faculty, and visitors to West Point. Department of Social Sciences, United States Military Academy.
- Provides Smithsonian Institution Anthropology Outreach Office www
Provides leaflets, Institution Anthropology Outreach Office, bibliographies, and instructor's packets for teaching a variety of topics. Smithsonian Institution Anthropology Outreach Office.
- Frequently FAQs for Sci.Anthropology www
Frequently asked questions for the Usenet newsgroup. for Sci.Anthropology. Offers basic information on the field. FAQs for Sci.Anthropology.
- Offers Cultural Resource Management Network www
Offers a source of jobs, Resource Management Network, news, announcements, consultant listings, and resources for students and professionals interested in archaeology, historic preservation, museums, and architectural history. Cultural Resource Management Network.
- Archaeology The Archaeology Channel www
Archaeology and related subjects presented through streaming media by the Oregon-based Archaeological Legacy Institute. Archaeology Channel. Videos can be viewed on-line and purchased. The Archaeology Channel.
- An Post-Colonial Studies www
An overview article that includes a discussion of important authors in the field. Post-Colonial Studies.
- Provides NationMaster.com www
Provides country and regional graphs and descriptive statistics based on geography, NationMaster.com, military, economy, crime, education, and transportation. NationMaster.com.
- A Cognitive Science Dictionary www
A glossary of Cognitive Science terminology. Science Dictionary. From Dr. Michael Dawson of the University of Alberta. Cognitive Science Dictionary.
- John ACT Research Home Page www
John Anderson's ACT-R theory of cognition is a cognitive architecture aimed at computer simulating a full range of cognitive tasks. ACT Research Home Page.
- Resource Claes de Vreese www
Resource for teaching and research on political communication, Vreese, public opinion, media effects, campaigns, and media and politics. Claes de Vreese.
- Interactive Reaching Out: The Evolution of Communication www
Interactive educational site discusses changes in communication technology, Out: The Evolution of Communication, from hieroglyphics to the printing press to the Web. Reaching Out: The Evolution of Communication.
- Alexa: Social Sciences Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Social Sciences Science
- DMOZ: Social Sciences Science
dmoz.org Directory: Social Sciences Science