Anthropology is the study of humankind everywhere, throughout time. Anthropology involves the study of people, their origins, biological variations and characteristics, their languages and cultural patterns, their social structures and institutions, and their adaptation to their environment. Anthropologists strive to create useful generalizations about people and their behavior in hopes of bringing about the fullest possible understanding of human diversity. Anthropology is unique among the social sciences because of its comprehensive scope, unique methods, and particular focus on people from non-Western societies. Anthropology Social Sciences Science.
Anthropology is the study of various aspects of humans within past and present societies. Social anthropology and cultural anthropology study the norms and values of societies. (wikipedia)
- Anthropology The study of various aspects of humans within past and present societies.
- Cultural anthropology A branch of anthropology focused on the study of cultural variation among humans.
- Social anthropology The dominant constituent of anthropology throughout the United Kingdom and Commonwealth and much...
- Biological anthropology A scientific discipline concerned with the biological and behavioral aspects of human beings...
- African Anthropologist The journal of the Pan African Anthropological Association.
- Anthropologist A person engaged in the practice of anthropology.
- American Anthropological Association An organization of scholars and practitioners in the field of anthropology.
- "Anthropology" (composition) A bebop-style jazz composition written by saxophonist Charlie Parker and trumpeter Dizzy...
- Anthropologie An American clothing retailer that currently operates over 200 stores worldwide featuring a...
- Anthroponymy A branch of onomastics, and is the study of anthroponyms, the names of human beings.
- Feed Connotea: Anthropology www
Feed offers links to news, Anthropology, journal articles and Web sites. Connotea: Anthropology.
- A Anthropological Center for Training www
A research group at Indiana University, Center for Training, Bloomington that focuses on the human dimensions of global environment change. Features information on training, an online newsletter, and provides a list of publications. Anthropological Center for Training.
- Frequently FAQs for Sci.Anthropology www
Frequently asked questions for the Usenet newsgroup. for Sci.Anthropology. Offers basic information on the field. FAQs for Sci.Anthropology.
- The National Anthropological Archives www
The NAA collects and preserves historical and contemporary anthropological materials that document the world's cultures and the history of anthropology. National Anthropological Archives.
- An Center for Human Origin and Cultural Diversity www
An outreach program at the University of Missouri-St. for Human Origin and Cultural Diversity. Louis that offers instruction to people of all ages in both cultural and physical anthropology. Site features lesson plans and educational resources. Center for Human Origin and Cultural Diversity.
- A Human Relations Area Files, Inc. www
A non-profit consortium of schools and research institutions collecting and compiling information to facilitate cross-cultural studies in ethnography and archaeology. Relations Area Files, Inc.. Features list of publications and subscription information. Human Relations Area Files, Inc..
- The NSF Anthropology Program www
The National Science Foundation's research initiative to promote basic scientific research on the causes and consequences of human social and cultural variation. Anthropology Program. Features grants and awards information, staff directory, and history of the program. NSF Anthropology Program.
- Offers California Academy of Sciences www
Offers educational exhibits and events. Academy of Sciences. Features research and publications, collection highlights, on-line database of artifacts and information on the Academy's Traditional Arts Program. Located in San Francisco, California. California Academy of Sciences.
- Provides Smithsonian Institution Anthropology Outreach Office www
Provides leaflets, Institution Anthropology Outreach Office, bibliographies, and instructor's packets for teaching a variety of topics. Smithsonian Institution Anthropology Outreach Office.
- A Anthropological Studies Center www
A non-profit center at Sonoma State University dedicated to cultural resources management, Studies Center, education, research, and public service. Anthropological Studies Center.
- Biological AnthroScape: Human Biodiversity Forum www
Biological and social anthropology forum exploring human variation and its impact on society. AnthroScape: Human Biodiversity Forum.
- Lessons Anthropology Tutorials www
Lessons on various topics in cultural and physical anthropology. Tutorials. Includes glossaries, practice quizzes, and lists of related links. Anthropology Tutorials.
- Provides SUNY Cortland: Sociology and Anthropology www
Provides information on the department, Cortland: Sociology and Anthropology, the faculty and courses. (Cortland, NY) SUNY Cortland: Sociology and Anthropology.
- Provides Anthro Tech, LLC: Fusion of Anthropology and Cyber Technology www
Provides web resources for the anthropological community and general public. Tech, LLC: Fusion of Anthropology and Cyber Technology. Services include Web site design and a searchable directory of related resources. Anthro Tech, LLC: Fusion of Anthropology and Cyber Technology.
- A Long & Olsen www
A consulting company offering services for business and organizational challenges. & Olsen. Provides descriptions of services, core areas, client testimonials and examples of assignments. Long & Olsen.
- Covers Archaeology Info www
Covers significant discoveries from archaeology about human origins. Info. Illustrated descriptions of hominids, with references. Articles, images, bookstore and links. Archaeology Info.
- Tennessee Bibliographies for Anthropological Research www
Tennessee Archaeology Net provides categorized bibliographies. Bibliographies for Anthropological Research.
- Contact Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology www
Contact information and departmental overviews of a multidisciplinary organization in Leipzig, Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology, Germany. Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology.
- An Race Doesn't Exist In Humans www
An essay debunking the idea that race is a biological concept. Race Doesn't Exist In Humans.
- Resources Anthropology Resource Base www
Resources for indigenous cultures around the world provided by NativeWeb. Anthropology Resource Base.
- Descriptions Theory in Anthropology www
Descriptions of various subdisciplines of sociocultural anthropology, Anthropology, reviews of trends in anthropological publications, and biographies of some influential anthropologists. Theory in Anthropology.
- A Finding Information on Anthropology www
A directory of links created for use with McGraw-Hill texts in anthropology. Finding Information on Anthropology.
- A Links to Anthropology Sites on the Web www
A directory created by the University of Minnesota, Anthropology Sites on the Web, Morris. Features links to general and news sites and organizations. Links to Anthropology Sites on the Web.
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Alexa: Anthropology Social Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Anthropology Social Sciences
- DMOZ: Anthropology Social Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Anthropology Social Sciences