Asian Studies Area Studies Social Sciences Science.
Asian studies, a term used usually in North America for Oriental studies and is concerned with the Asian people, their cultures, languages, history and politics. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Asian studies, a term used usually in North America for Oriental studies and is concerned with the Asian people, their cultures, languages, history and politics. Within the Asian sphere, Asian studies combines aspects of sociology, history, cultural anthropology and many other disciplines to study political, cultural and economic phenomena in Asian traditional and contemporary societies. Asian studies forms a field of post-graduate study in many universities.
- Asian studies Category
- Asian American studies - Asian American Studies is an academic discipline which critically examines the history, experiences, culture, and policies relevant to Asian Americans.
- Black and Asian Studies Association - The Black and Asian Studies Association was set up in London in 1991. Until October 1997 it was known as the Association for the Study of African Caribbean and Asian Culture and History In Britain.
- Cultural studies - Cultural studies is a field of theoretically, politically, and empirically engaged cultural analysis that concentrates upon the political dynamics of contemporary culture, its historical foundations, defining traits, conflicts, and contingencies.
- Egyptology - Egyptology is the study of ancient Egyptian history, language, literature, religion, architecture and art from the 5th millennium BC until the end of its native religious practices in the 4th century AD. A practitioner of the discipline is an "Egyptologist".
- European studies - European studies is a field of study offered by many academic colleges and universities that focuses on current developments in European integration.
- International Journal of Asian Studies - The International Journal of Asian Studies is a peer-reviewed academic journal covering research in the social sciences and humanities as pertaining to Asia. The journal was established in 2004 and is published on behalf of the Institute for Advanced Studies on Asia.
- Area studies
- Asian American Studies Center www
Articles, American Studies Center, criticism, analysis, news, archives, publications.
- Resources CoombsWeb www
Resources for Asian-Pacific research. CoombsWeb.
- Introduction, New England Conference of the Association for Asian Studies www
Introduction, England Conference of the Association for Asian Studies, registration information, and call for paper and panel proposals. New England Conference of the Association for Asian Studies.
- University Asian American Studies Committee www
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. American Studies Committee. Includes information about courses, faculty, events. Asian American Studies Committee.
- Provides Macroeconomic Indicators of the CIS www
Provides leading macroeconomic indicators on member countries of the CIS, Indicators of the CIS, including those of Central Asia. Published by the official website for the Commonwealth of Independent Countries. Macroeconomic Indicators of the CIS.
- Information Harvard Program on Central Asia and the Caucasus (HPCAC) www
Information about academic programs and resources at Harvard University for the study of greater Central Asia. Program on Central Asia and the Caucasus (HPCAC). Harvard Program on Central Asia and the Caucasus (HPCAC).
- H-Net H-Asia: Asian History and Studies www
H-Net group committed to discussing region wide, Asian History and Studies, comparative and professional issues important to scholars of Asia. Features archive, reviews, links to related resources, and subscription information. H-Asia: Asian History and Studies.
- Collection Carrie Electronic Library www
Collection of full-text electronic academic works related to Asian studies. Carrie Electronic Library.
- News, Centre of East Asian Law (CEAL): SOAS www
News, East Asian Law (CEAL): SOAS, member lists and events from the Centre of East Asian Law, which promotes the study of East Asian legal systems amongst academic lawyers and practitioners. Centre of East Asian Law (CEAL): SOAS.
- A East Asian Studies Center - Indiana University www
A resource center for education on East Asian issues and cultures for the Midwest and United States. East Asian Studies Center - Indiana University.
- An Nordic Institute of Asian Studies www
An international research institute funded by the governments of Denmark, Institute of Asian Studies, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. Features current research, publications, links to related sites, and contact details. Nordic Institute of Asian Studies.
- University Center for Asian American Studies www
University of Texas at Austin program offers information for current and prospective students. for Asian American Studies. Features news, publications and event calendar. Center for Asian American Studies.
- Lists Asian Studies Journals - Cambridge University Press www
Lists available journals related to Asian studies. Asian Studies Journals - Cambridge University Press.
- Covers The China Quarterly www
Covers social, China Quarterly, political and economic aspects of contemporary China and Taiwan. Offers pricing, contribution instructions, subscription information, and editorial board roster. The China Quarterly.
- Creates Institute for Global Studies - University of Minnesota www
Creates curriculum and seminars to study global issues. for Global Studies - University of Minnesota. Page includes news, events and staff information. Institute for Global Studies - University of Minnesota.
- Directory Countries Quest www
Directory features articles about different countries organized by continent and offers information on natural resources, Quest, people, arts, economy, government, and history. Countries Quest.
- Alexa: Asian Studies Area Studies
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Asian Studies Area Studies
- DMOZ: Asian Studies Area Studies
dmoz.org Directory: Asian Studies Area Studies