This section consists of sites focused on political, economic, and social research concerning the Caucasus, Caspian Sea, and Central Asian regions. Central Asian Studies Asian Studies Area Studies Social Sciences Science.
Central Asian studies is the discipline of studying the culture, history, and languages of Central Asia. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Central Asian studies is the discipline of studying the culture, history, and languages of Central Asia. The roots of Central Asian studies as a social science discipline goes to 19th century Anglo-Russian Great Game. During the 19th century, Central Asia became a subject of systematical information collection and organization thanks to the numerous travels made by British and Russian agents, soldiers, scholars into the region. The British Royal Geographical Society and Russian Geographical Society published dozens of travel books on the region.
- Central Asian studies Category
- History of Central Asia - The history of Central Asia concerns the history of the various peoples that have inhabited Central Asia. The lifestyle of such people has been determined primarily by the area's climate and geography.
- Geopolitics in Central Asia
- History of East Asia - The history of East Asia covers the people inhabiting the eastern subregion of the Asian continent known as East Asia from prehistoric times to the present.
- Indo-Aryan migration hypothesis - Indo-Aryan migration models discuss scenarios around the theory of an origin from outside South Asia of Indo-Aryan peoples, an ascribed ethnolinguistic group that spoke Indo-Aryan languages, the predominant languages of North India.
- Turkic migration - Turkic migration refers to the expansion of the Turkic tribes and Turkic languages into Central Asia, Europe and the Middle East, mainly between the 6th and 11th centuries. The region of origin of the Turkic peoples is Mongolia, southern Siberia, Xinjiang and East Central Asia.
- Asian studies
- History of Central Asia
- Educational Centre for Euro-Asian Studies www
Educational and research organization at the University of Reading Business School. for Euro-Asian Studies. Features program description, contacts and information on seminars. Centre for Euro-Asian Studies.
- Non-profit Central Eurasian Studies Society www
Non-profit research organization of scholars interested on Central Eurasian studies. Eurasian Studies Society. Publishes the Central Eurasian Studies Review journal. Based in Harvard University. Central Eurasian Studies Society.
- Analytical EurasiaNet.org www
Analytical articles and news reports about political, EurasiaNet.org, economic, environmental and social developments in the countries of Central Asia and the Caucasus. From the Soros Foundation. EurasiaNet.org.
- Information Harvard Program on Central Asia and the Caucasus (HPCAC) www
Information about academic programs and resources at Harvard University for the study of greater Central Asia. Program on Central Asia and the Caucasus (HPCAC). Harvard Program on Central Asia and the Caucasus (HPCAC).
- National Russian, East European, and Central Asian Studies Center @ Univ. of Washington www
National Resource Center supporting a wide range of resources and activities for members of the academic community and the public are studying, East European, and Central Asian Studies Center @ Univ. of Washington, doing business, and/or have organizational ties to the region. Russian, East European, and Central Asian Studies Center @ Univ. of Washington.
- Offering Institute for Afghan Studies www
Offering coverage of the country's situation, for Afghan Studies, including selected news and documents, a weekly commentary, resources on social, economic, political and other issues of critical importance, an Afghan bibliography, book reviews, mailing list and chat. Institute for Afghan Studies.
- Provides Center for Social Research of Kyrgyz Academy www
Provides resources, for Social Research of Kyrgyz Academy, links, bibliography and useful references on Kyrgyzstan and other Central Asian republics. Center for Social Research of Kyrgyz Academy.
- Studies Institute for the Study of Conflict, Ideology, and Policy @ Boston University www
Studies the political, for the Study of Conflict, Ideology, and Policy @ Boston University, international, and security affairs of Russia and other post-Soviet republics. Publishes online a biweekly survey of developments in the region and a bimonthly journal. Institute for the Study of Conflict, Ideology, and Policy @ Boston University.
- Established Armenian Research Center @ Univ. of Michigan, Dearborn www
Established for the documentation and the publication of materials in the field of Armenian studies and affairs. Research Center @ Univ. of Michigan, Dearborn. Various archives of literature, photography, academic publications, etc. concerning Armenian studies. Armenian Research Center @ Univ. of Michigan, Dearborn.
- Online Central Asia-Caucasus Analyst www
Online journal published by the Central Asia-Caucasus Institute at Johns Hopkins University. Asia-Caucasus Analyst. Addresses the political, economic, and security issues that affect the Central Asia and Caucasus region. Analytical papers and field reports available online. Central Asia-Caucasus Analyst.
- Provides Macroeconomic Indicators of the CIS www
Provides leading macroeconomic indicators on member countries of the CIS, Indicators of the CIS, including those of Central Asia. Published by the official website for the Commonwealth of Independent Countries. Macroeconomic Indicators of the CIS.
- Currently Center for Armenian Studies @ California State University, Fresno www
Currently houses the Armenian Studies Program, for Armenian Studies @ California State University, Fresno, the Sahatdjian Armenian Studies Library, the Avedian Armenian Studies Archives, the newspaper Hye Sharzhoom, the Armenian Students Organization, and the Index of Armenian Art. Center for Armenian Studies @ California State University, Fresno.
- Swedish Central Asia and the Caucasus, Center for Social and Political Studies (Sweden) www
Swedish center for the study and review of Central Asia and the Caucasus, Asia and the Caucasus, Center for Social and Political Studies (Sweden), maintains regional offices and publishes a journal. Central Asia and the Caucasus, Center for Social and Political Studies (Sweden).
- Research Russia / Eurasia Program @ CSIS www
Research arm focused on the Eurasian landmass from the Washington-based Center for Strategic and International Studies. Eurasia Program @ CSIS. Includes the Caucasus Initiative, Central Asia Initiative, and various online archives of publications related to the area. Russia / Eurasia Program @ CSIS.
- Group Mongolia and Inner Asia Studies Unit @ Univ. of Cambridge www
Group promotes research and teaching relating to Mongolia and Inner Asia on an inter-disciplinary basis. and Inner Asia Studies Unit @ Univ. of Cambridge. Features current research, news, photo gallery, and links to related sites. Mongolia and Inner Asia Studies Unit @ Univ. of Cambridge.
- This Central Asian Studies World Wide www
This site provides access to human and data resources relevant to Central Asian Studies, Asian Studies World Wide, from Harvard University. Central Asian Studies World Wide.
- Resources CoombsWeb www
Resources for Asian-Pacific research. CoombsWeb.
- Introduction, New England Conference of the Association for Asian Studies www
Introduction, England Conference of the Association for Asian Studies, registration information, and call for paper and panel proposals. New England Conference of the Association for Asian Studies.
- Alexa: Central Asian Studies Asian Studies
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Central Asian Studies Asian Studies
- DMOZ: Central Asian Studies Asian Studies
dmoz.org Directory: Central Asian Studies Asian Studies