Latin American Studies Area Studies Social Sciences Science.
Latin American studies critically examines the history, culture, politics, and experiences of Latin Americans in Latin America and often also elsewhere (such as Latinos / Hispanics in the United States ). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Latin American studies is an academic field dealing with the study of Latin America and Latin Americans.
- Latin American studies Category
- Latino/a studies - Latino studies is an academic discipline which studies the experience of people of Hispanic ancestry in the United States.
- Chicano Studies - Chicano studies originated in the Chicano Movement of the late 1960s and 1970s. Chicano Studies concerns itself with the study of Chicanos, Latinos, and Mexican Americans, drawing upon a variety of fields, including, but not limited to, history, sociology, the arts, and communist theory.
- Caribbeanist - A Caribbeanist is a scholar who specializes in the study of the Caribbean region of the Americas -- its literature, culture, politics, society, ecology and so forth. In some academic disciplines Caribbean studies are seen as a branch of the larger field of Latin American studies.
- Conference on Latin American History - Conference on Latin American History, founded in 1926, is the professional organization of Latin American historians affiliated with the American Historical Association. It publishes the journal The Hispanic American Historical Review.
- History of Latin America - The term Latin America primarily refers to the Spanish and Portuguese-speaking countries in the New World.
- Criticism of the term Latino - The Hispanic/Latino naming dispute is an ongoing disagreement over the use of the ethnonyms "Hispanic" and "Latino" to refer collectively to the inhabitants of the United States who are of Latin American or Spanish origin?that is, Hispanic or Latino Americans.
- Area studies
- Professional Latin American Studies Association (LASA) www
Professional association encouraging effective training, American Studies Association (LASA), teaching and research in Latin American studies. Features conference information, publications, employment opportunities, and links to related resources. Latin American Studies Association (LASA).
- International H-Net - Latin American Discussion Network www
International forum for scholarly discussion of Latin American History. H-Net - Latin American Discussion Network.
- Searchable Latin American Data Base www
Searchable archive of articles on politics, American Data Base, economics, human rights, environment, drugs, guerrillas, military and other stories since 1986. Latin American Data Base.
- Promotes The Conference on Latin American History www
Promotes scholarly exchange of information about teaching and research on Latin American history. The Conference on Latin American History.
- Member Americas Society www
Member based organization seeking to increase public awareness and appreciation of the rich cultural heritage of Latin America, Society, the Caribbean and Canada. Americas Society.
- Searchable Latin American Network Information Center www
Searchable directory of Internet resources. Latin American Network Information Center.
- Bibliography Handbook of Latin American Studies www
Bibliography of scholarly works from the Library of Congress. Handbook of Latin American Studies.
- Multidisciplinary Territory and Development: Regional Construction in the Andean Area www
Multidisciplinary project with a focus on sustainable development. and Development: Regional Construction in the Andean Area. Features contacts, events, forum, and publications.ˇ Territory and Development: Regional Construction in the Andean Area.
- A Zona Latina www
A comprehensive news and media resource for Latin America. Latina. Includes links to online newspapers, magazines, radio and television sites. Updated daily. Zona Latina.
- Research Richard W. Slatta's Latin American History Research Sites www
Research links for Latin America. Slatta's Latin American History Research Sites. Compiled by Dr. Richard W. Slatta. Richard W. Slatta's Latin American History Research Sites.
- Research Smithsonian Center for Latino Initiatives www
Research center devoted to advancing knowledge and understanding of Latino contributions to U. Center for Latino Initiatives.S. history, culture, and society. Smithsonian Center for Latino Initiatives.
- Summary Racial Discrimination in Argentina www
Summary report filed by the Human Rights Documentation Center (September 2001. Discrimination in Argentina. Features a discussion of modern and historic race relations in the nation. Racial Discrimination in Argentina.
- Policy Julian Samora Research Institute www
Policy research center at Michigan State University. Julian Samora Research Institute.
- Research Middle American Research Institute www
Research center at Tulane University, American Research Institute, United States. Middle American Research Institute.
- Center University of Florida www
Center for Latin American Studies located in Gainesville. University of Florida.
- Center Duke University www
Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies. University. Includes courses, conferences and outreach information. Duke University.
- Theoretical Latin American Perspectives www
Theoretical and scholarly journal for discussion and debate on the political economy of capitalism, American Perspectives, imperialism, and socialism in the Americas. Most issues focus on a single problem, nation, or region, providing an in-depth look from participants and scholars throughout the Americas. Latin American Perspectives.
- Presents Journal of Latin American Studies www
Presents research articles on contemporary themes, Latin American Studies, specially commissioned commentaries and book reviews. Subscription details, contribution instructions and editorial board roster. Journal of Latin American Studies.
- Supports Institute for International, Comparative, and Area Studies www
Supports research for international and comparative subjects. for International, Comparative, and Area Studies. Includes list of current studies, events calendar and resources. Institute for International, Comparative, and Area Studies.
- Study Global Studies Program - Masters in Social Sciences www
Study focus on globalization, Studies Program - Masters in Social Sciences, international governance and cultural change. Degree program jointly run by universities in Freiburg, New Delhi, and Singapore. Global Studies Program - Masters in Social Sciences.
- Alexa: Latin American Studies Area Studies
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Latin American Studies Area Studies
- DMOZ: Latin American Studies Area Studies
dmoz.org Directory: Latin American Studies Area Studies