Middle Eastern Studies Area Studies Social Sciences Science.
Middle Eastern studies (sometimes referred to as Near Eastern studies ) is a name given to a number of academic programs associated with the study of the history, culture, politics, economies, and geography of the Middle East, an area that is generally interpreted to cover a range of nations including Israel, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Oman. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Middle Eastern studies is a name given to a number of academic programs associated with the study of the history, culture, politics, economies, and geography of the Middle East, an area that is generally interpreted to cover a range of nations including Israel, Lebanon, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Turkey, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Oman. It is considered a form of area studies, taking an overtly interdisciplinary approach to the study of a region. In this sense Middle Eastern Studies is a far broader and less traditional field than classical Islamic Studies.
- Middle Eastern studies Category
- Orientalism - Orientalism is a term that is used by art historians, literary and cultural studies scholars for the imitation or depiction of aspects in Middle Eastern, South Asian, and East Asian cultures. These depictions are usually done by writers, designers and artists from the West.
- Area studies
- Judaic studies
- Middle East
- Asian studies
- Research Middle East Policy Council www
Research organization dealing with the Middle East. East Policy Council. Includes directory of Middle East experts. Middle East Policy Council.
- Basic The Bedouin Culture in Transition www
Basic explanation of Bedouin history, Bedouin Culture in Transition, culture, and current status in the Middle East. The Bedouin Culture in Transition.
- Information Al-Hewar Center for Arab Culture and Dialogue www
Information about events and activities, Center for Arab Culture and Dialogue, with editorials and articles in English and Arabic. Al-Hewar Center for Arab Culture and Dialogue.
- International Arabic Literature Study Group www
International association of teachers and scholars of Arabic literature. Arabic Literature Study Group.
- Portal Middle East Studies Internet Resources www
Portal hosted by Columbia University that features annotated links to e-zines, East Studies Internet Resources, reports, archives, and bibliographies. Middle East Studies Internet Resources.
- Lists LLEK Bookmarks Middle East www
Lists search engines concerning Mideast history, Bookmarks Middle East, politics, nature, society, culture, economic and environment. LLEK Bookmarks Middle East.
- A Middle East Institute www
A leading non-partisan research organization dealing with the Middle East. Middle East Institute.
- An European Association for Middle Eastern Studies www
An association linking national scholarly societies for Middle Eastern studies, Association for Middle Eastern Studies, which each carries out extensive networking and research-related activities. Information about membership, activities and publications. European Association for Middle Eastern Studies.
- Created Kevorkian Center www
Created in 1966 at New York University to foster interdisciplinary study of the contemporary Middle East and to enhance understanding of the region; focuses on the histories, Center, politics, economies, religions, cultures and languages of the area. Information about activities and courses offered. Kevorkian Center.
- Tel The Dayan Center www
Tel Aviv University research center for the study of contemporary Middle East affairs. Dayan Center. Online bibliographical database. The Dayan Center.
- Provides Middle Eastern Studies www
Provides academic research on the history and politics of the Arabic-speaking countries in the Middle East and North Africa as well as on Turkey, Eastern Studies, Iran and Israel. Features information for contributors and subscription details. Middle Eastern Studies.
- Serves Israel Affairs www
Serves as a means of communication between academics, Affairs, policy-makers, practitioners, journalists and the informed public. Features information for contributors and subscribers. Also offers tables of contents of back issues. Israel Affairs.
- A Institute for Global Studies www
A research unit at Johns Hopkins University that specializes in the study of global power, for Global Studies, culture, and history. Features newsletter, calendar of events and program information. Institute for Global Studies.
- Series Country Studies: Area Handbook Series www
Series of books prepared by the Federal Research Division sponsored by the Department of the Army. Studies: Area Handbook Series. This online series presently contains studies of 102 countries. Country Studies: Area Handbook Series.
- Alexa: Middle Eastern Studies Area Studies
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Middle Eastern Studies Area Studies
- DMOZ: Middle Eastern Studies Area Studies
dmoz.org Directory: Middle Eastern Studies Area Studies