Home pages of Cognitive Scientists that contain significant information about the individuals work and-or give online access to it. Cognitive Scientists Cognitive Science Social Sciences Science.
- Adele Goldberg (linguist) - Adele Eva Goldberg is an American linguist, best known for the Construction Grammar approach to Cognitive linguistics, which emphasizes that speakers' knowledge of language consists of systematic collections of form and function pairings that are learned on the basis of the language they hear...
- Afzal Upal - Afzal Upal is a writer and a cognitive scientist with contributions to cognitive science of religion, machine learning for planning, and agent-based social simulation.
- Alan Baddeley - Alan David Baddeley, CBE, FRS, FMedSci is a British psychologist. He is professor of psychology at the University of York. He is known for his work on working memory, in particular for his multiple components model.
- Alan F. Blackwell - Alan F. Blackwell is a New Zealand-British cognition scientist and professor at the Computer Laboratory, University of Cambridge, known for his work on diagrammatic representation, on data and language modelling, investment modelling, and end-user software engineering.
- Alan M. Leslie - Alan M. Leslie is a Scottish psychologist and Professor of Psychology and Cognitive science at Rutgers University, where he directs the Cognitive Development Laboratory and is co-director of the Rutgers University Center for Cognitive Science along with Ernest Lepore.
- Albert T. Corbett - Albert T. Corbett is an associate research professor emeritus of human?computer interaction at Carnegie Mellon University. He is widely known for his role in the development of the Cognitive Tutor software, leading to one article with over 1,000 citations.
- Alison Gopnik - Alison Gopnik is an American professor of psychology and affiliate professor of philosophy at the University of California, Berkeley.
- Allan M. Collins - Allan M. Collins is an American cognitive scientist, Professor Emeritus of Learning Sciences at Northwestern University's School of Education and Social Policy. His research is recognized as having broad impact on the fields of cognitive psychology, artificial intelligence, and education.
- Allan Paivio - Allan Urho Paivio was a Professor of psychology at the University of Western Ontario. He earned his Ph.D. from McGill University in 1959 and taught at the University of Western Ontario from 1963 until his retirement.
- Allen Newell - Allen Newell was a researcher in computer science and cognitive psychology at the RAND Corporation and at Carnegie Mellon University's School of Computer Science, Tepper School of Business, and Department of Psychology.
- Alva No - Alva No is Professor of Philosophy at the University of California, Berkeley. The focus of his work is the theory of perception and consciousness.
- Mental Kosslyn, Stephen M. www
Mental imagery, Stephen M., perception. Kosslyn, Stephen M..
- Scene van Diepen, Paul www
Scene perception, Diepen, Paul, eye movements, chronometry of information processing (no longer active in cognitive research). van Diepen, Paul.
- Psychology Loftus, Elizabeth F. www
Psychology of memory, Elizabeth F., false memory, eyewitness testimony. Loftus, Elizabeth F..
- Theoretical Calvin, William H. www
Theoretical neurophysiologist and popularizer. William H.. Author of "The Cerebral Code," "How Brains Think," "Conversations with Neil's Brain" and "A Brain for All Seasons," amongst other works. Calvin, William H..
- Research Coneural — Center for Cognitive and Neural Studies www
Research center for computational embodied neuroscience. — Center for Cognitive and Neural Studies. Director: Razvan Florian. Coneural — Center for Cognitive and Neural Studies.
- External Zhang, Jiajie www
External representations; human-computer interaction; human factors; medical informatics Zhang, Jiajie.
- The Thomas, Nigel www
The philosophical, Nigel, scientific, and historical study of imagination and mental imagery, and their role in consciousness and cognition [Cal State LA]. Thomas, Nigel.
- Mobile Moravec, Hans www
Mobile robots and their psychology. Moravec, Hans.
- Visual O'Regan, J. Kevin www
Visual perception: "change blindness" (nice animated demos), Kevin, active perception, eye movements, consciousness, and "the world as external memory". O'Regan, J. Kevin.
- Embodied Brooks, Rodney A. www
Embodied cognition in autonomous robots. Rodney A.. (MIT, USA). Brooks, Rodney A..
- Information Scaruffi, Piero www
Information about Scaruffi's research and teaching activities in Cognitive Science, Piero, Psychology of Consciousness and Philosophy of Mind, and links to his papers, and to his annotated bibliography of cognitive science, artificial intelligence, neurobiology, artificial life, linguistics, neural networks, connectionism, cognitive psychology, and consciousness. Scaruffi, Piero.
- Visual Pylyshyn, Zenon W. www
Visual attention and preattention, Zenon W., critique of "pictorial" theories of mental imagery, foundational issues in the computational theory of the architecture of cognition. Pylyshyn, Zenon W..
- Finnish Järvilehto, Timo www
Finnish Psychologist with interests in psychophysiology, Timo, preception, education, and "the theory of the organism-environment system". Järvilehto, Timo.
- Professor Sun, Ron www
Professor at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Ron. Artificial intelligence, multi-agent systems, and connectionist models and hybrid systems. Computational approaches to consciousness, commonsense reasoning, learning and skill acquisition in humans and machines. Sun, Ron.
- Influential Gregory, Richard www
Influential researcher on perception and perceptual illusion. Richard. Site gives access to selected publications as well as his CV and animated demonstrations of significant illusions. Gregory, Richard.
- Representation Kirsh, David www
Representation in everyday activity, David, cognitive complexity. Kirsh, David.
- Perceptual Kubovy, Michael www
Perceptual grouping. Kubovy, Michael.
- Neuroscience Koch, Christoph www
Neuroscience and consciousness. Koch, Christoph.
- "Animate Ballard, Dana H. www
"Animate vision". Dana H.. Computational theories of the brain with emphasis on human vision. (Univ. of Rochester, USA) Ballard, Dana H..
- Perceptual Barsalou, Lawrence W. www
Perceptual bases of cognition, Lawrence W., situated conceptualization, dynamic representations of concepts, frames, category learning, event memory. Barsalou, Lawrence W..
- Author Norman, Don www
Author of The Design of Everyday Things, Don, list of books and articles in human-centered design. Norman, Don.
- One Minsky, Marvin www
One of the pioneers and most creative thinkers of Artificial Intelligence research. Minsky, Marvin.
- Professor Turner, Mark www
Professor and Dean of Arts and Sciences at Case Western Reserve University. Mark. Research focus is to study how human thought processes are different than other species with an emphasis on blending. Turner, Mark.
- Educational Cziko, Gary www
Educational psychology. Gary. Darwinian approaches. (Univ. of Illinois, USA) Cziko, Gary.
- Cognitive Cave, Kyle R. www
Cognitive psychology of visual cognition, Kyle R., including attention, imagery, and object recognition. Cave, Kyle R..
- Neurophysiology Cotterill, Rodney M.J. www
Neurophysiology of consciousness, Rodney M.J., considered as an active process. Implications of this view for understanding autism. (Danish Technical University, Denmark) Cotterill, Rodney M.J..
- Visual Francis, Gregory www
Visual psychophysics and modeling (Purdue Univ. Gregory., USA) Francis, Gregory.
- Neural Kahn, Itamar www
Neural correlates of episodic memory and their control processes (MIT, Itamar, USA) Kahn, Itamar.
- An The Computer Revolution in Philosophy www
An online (scanned) version of the 1978 book by Aaron Sloman. The Computer Revolution in Philosophy.
- A Cognitive Science Dictionary www
A glossary of Cognitive Science terminology. Science Dictionary. From Dr. Michael Dawson of the University of Alberta. Cognitive Science Dictionary.
- Alexa: Cognitive Scientists Cognitive Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Cognitive Scientists Cognitive Science
- DMOZ: Cognitive Scientists Cognitive Science
dmoz.org Directory: Cognitive Scientists Cognitive Science