This subsection is for sites pertaining to the study of human communication and understanding. This field focuses on content and process of interaction, primarily among humans. Communication study consists of several subdisciplines. Some classify by the number of interactors: intrapersonal, interpersonal, small group, mass communication. Some classify by the type of interaction or problems inherent: intercultural, mediated, political, religious, organizational. Some classify according to the factors of interaction: rhetoric, language, semiotics, perception, cognition. Communication Social Sciences Science.
Communication (from Latin commūnicāre, meaning "to share" ) is the act of conveying intended meanings from one entity or group to another through the use of mutually understood signs and semiotic rules. (wikipedia)
- Communication The act of conveying intended meanings from one entity or group to another through the use of...
- Telecommunication The transmission of signs, signals, messages, writings, images and sounds or intelligence of any...
- Information and communication technologies An extended term for information technology which stresses the role of unified communications and...
- Communication studies An academic discipline that deals with processes of human communication.
- Animal communication The transfer of information from one or a group of animals to one or more other animals that...
- G.Communication G.Communication, also abbreviated as G.com, is a Japanese kabushiki kaisha based in Nagoya, Japan.
- Communication (Jazz Composer's Orchestra album) The debut album by the Jazz Composer's Orchestra featuring compositions by Michael Mantler and...
- Communications of the ACM The monthly Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery.
- Communiqu A discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or...
- Articles Melcrum www
Articles on aspects of communication in corporations, Melcrum, including public relations, measurement and change management. Melcrum.
- Resource Claes de Vreese www
Resource for teaching and research on political communication, Vreese, public opinion, media effects, campaigns, and media and politics. Claes de Vreese.
- Interactive Reaching Out: The Evolution of Communication www
Interactive educational site discusses changes in communication technology, Out: The Evolution of Communication, from hieroglyphics to the printing press to the Web. Reaching Out: The Evolution of Communication.
- Links Communications Central www
Links to resources and definitions related primarily to semiotics, Central, interpersonal communication, organizational communication, health communication, and nonverbal communication. From Governor's State University. Communications Central.
- Tutorials, Happy Fun Communication Land www
Tutorials, Fun Communication Land, study questions, glossary, and citations facilitate secondary or undergraduate learning about communication theory. Whole site is searchable. Happy Fun Communication Land.
- Lecture Coding and Cryptography www
Lecture notes (DVI, and Cryptography,PS,PDF,LaTeX) by Tom Koerner for a course at the University of Cambridge. Coding and Cryptography.
- To Werkgemeenschap voor Informatie en Communicatietheorie www
To coordinate and stimulate the work of professionals in the field of information and communication theory in the Benelux region. voor Informatie en Communicatietheorie. Member information, events, publications and links. Werkgemeenschap voor Informatie en Communicatietheorie.
- Information Marc's Dutch debating guide www
Information on American and British Parliamentary Debate styles. Dutch debating guide. Results and links on Dutch debating societies are included. Marc's Dutch debating guide.
- Listservs, The International Debate Education Association (IDEA) www
Listservs, International Debate Education Association (IDEA), and information about their debate publications. The International Debate Education Association (IDEA).
- Association Réseau pluridisciplinaire pour l'information et la communication (REPLIC) www
Association créée par des étudiants du DEA "sciences de l'information et de la communication" (université Michel de Montaigne, pluridisciplinaire pour l'information et la communication (REPLIC), Bordeaux 3) ayant pour objectif la promotion des sciences de l'information et de la communication. Réseau pluridisciplinaire pour l'information et la communication (REPLIC).
- Vise Association française des sciences et technologies de l'information (ASTI) www
Vise à donner visibilité et cohérence à la communauté des sciences et technologies de l'information, française des sciences et technologies de l'information (ASTI), en rassemblant les experts du domaine, industriels, académiques et associations thématiques. Revue, dictionnaire, présentation du domaine couvert, structures et activités. Association française des sciences et technologies de l'information (ASTI).
- Organization International Association for Languages and Intercultural Communication www
Organization for scholars interested in language learning across cultures. Association for Languages and Intercultural Communication. Includes journal and conference information. International Association for Languages and Intercultural Communication.
- Information Intercultural Communication Institute www
Information about workshops and a master of arts program in intercultural relations, Communication Institute, plus an intercultural development survey (in pdf). Intercultural Communication Institute.
- Practical Health Risk Communication Primer www
Practical guide from the US Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry to communicating health risks to the public in writing, Risk Communication Primer, through meetings, and through the mass media. Includes bibliography. Health Risk Communication Primer.
- Scholarly Health Communication www
Scholarly article summarizes the current and future state of dissemination of health information through various media. Health Communication.
- Interpersonal MyInterpersonal.com www
Interpersonal experience that details the skills to develop effective communication, MyInterpersonal.com, build successful relationships, and strengthen relations. MyInterpersonal.com.
- On-line Cooperative Communication Skills www
On-line library of free articles, Communication Skills, books and a downloadable workbook to help readers communicate more cooperatively, more compassionately and more successfully in both family and work settings. Cooperative Communication Skills.
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Alexa: Communication Social Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Communication Social Sciences
- DMOZ: Communication Social Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Communication Social Sciences