This subsection is for sites pertaining to the study of human communication and understanding. This field focuses on content and process of interaction, primarily among humans. Communication study consists of several subdisciplines. Some classify by the number of interactors: intrapersonal, interpersonal, small group, mass communication. Some classify by the type of interaction or problems inherent: intercultural, mediated, political, religious, organizational. Some classify according to the factors of interaction: rhetoric, language, semiotics, perception, cognition. Communication Social Sciences Science.
Communication (from Latin commūnicāre, meaning "to share" ) is the act of conveying intended meanings from one entity or group to another through the use of mutually understood signs and semiotic rules. (wikipedia)
- Communication The act of conveying intended meanings from one entity or group to another through the use of...
- Telecommunication The transmission of signs, signals, messages, writings, images and sounds or intelligence of any...
- Information and communication technologies An extended term for information technology which stresses the role of unified communications and...
- Communication studies An academic discipline that deals with processes of human communication.
- Animal communication The transfer of information from one or a group of animals to one or more other animals that...
- G.Communication G.Communication, also abbreviated as G.com, is a Japanese kabushiki kaisha based in Nagoya, Japan.
- Communication (Jazz Composer's Orchestra album) The debut album by the Jazz Composer's Orchestra featuring compositions by Michael Mantler and...
- Communications of the ACM The monthly Journal of the Association for Computing Machinery.
- Communiqu A discrete unit of communication intended by the source for consumption by some recipient or...
- Links Communications Central www
Links to resources and definitions related primarily to semiotics, Central, interpersonal communication, organizational communication, health communication, and nonverbal communication. From Governor's State University. Communications Central.
- Articles Melcrum www
Articles on aspects of communication in corporations, Melcrum, including public relations, measurement and change management. Melcrum.
- Resource Claes de Vreese www
Resource for teaching and research on political communication, Vreese, public opinion, media effects, campaigns, and media and politics. Claes de Vreese.
- Interactive Reaching Out: The Evolution of Communication www
Interactive educational site discusses changes in communication technology, Out: The Evolution of Communication, from hieroglyphics to the printing press to the Web. Reaching Out: The Evolution of Communication.
- Tutorials, Happy Fun Communication Land www
Tutorials, Fun Communication Land, study questions, glossary, and citations facilitate secondary or undergraduate learning about communication theory. Whole site is searchable. Happy Fun Communication Land.
- A Shannon's Communication Theory www
A brief description. Shannon's Communication Theory.
- Claude A Mathematical Theory of Communication www
Claude Shannon's seminal paper, Mathematical Theory of Communication, made available by Bell Labs in PostScript and PDF. A Mathematical Theory of Communication.
- A Planet Debate www
A comprehensive collection of resources for policy and Lincoln-Douglas debate, Debate, which include evidence cards, chats, forums, research resources, instructional materials, and audio lectures. Planet Debate.
- Nonprofit IMPACT Coalition www
Nonprofit group uses debate training to help urban high school and college students improve their career opportunities. Coalition. Programs, tools, and news. IMPACT Coalition.
- Répertoire Theses Art Communication www
Répertoire de thèses en communication. Art Communication. Résumés, contact avec les auteur(e)s, liens vers les versions en ligne, référencement et annonce des soutenances à venir. Theses Art Communication.
- Fondé Groupe de réflexion et de planning (GRP) www
Fondé par des professionnels du secteur des médias, réflexion et de planning (GRP), agences de publicité et des régies média, il présente sa structure et ses activités dans les domaines de la formation, de l'information et documentation. Belgique. Groupe de réflexion et de planning (GRP).
- ICA International Communication Association www
ICA is an academic association for scholars interested in the study, Communication Association, teaching, and application of all aspects of human and mediated communication. International Communication Association.
- Blog Original Wavelength www
Blog about cross-cultural issues, Wavelength, comparative religion, psychology, society, inter-cultural management and communication, multicultural team-working and human resource development and management (HRD and HRM). Original Wavelength.
- Scholarly Health Communication www
Scholarly article summarizes the current and future state of dissemination of health information through various media. Health Communication.
- Tables Journal of Health Communication www
Tables of contents and submission information for quarterly, Health Communication, peer-reviewed journal that publishes research on interpersonal health communication and public health campaigns. Journal of Health Communication.
- Ideas, Taxi1010.com www
Ideas, Taxi1010.com, vocabulary, and daily comeback for defending against verbal violence. Also connects verbal attacks with underlying fallacies. Taxi1010.com.
- Promotes The International Listening Association www
Promotes the study, International Listening Association, development, and teaching of listening and the practice of effective listening skills and techniques. The International Listening Association.
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Alexa: Communication Social Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Communication Social Sciences
- DMOZ: Communication Social Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Communication Social Sciences