Web sites pertaining to the science of ethnic studies. Ethnic Studies Social Sciences Science.
An academic field that spans the humanities and the social sciences, it emerged as an academic field in the second half of the 20th century partly in response to charges that traditional disciplines such as Anthropology, History, Literature, Sociology, Political Science, Cultural Studies, and Area Studies were conceived from an inherently Eurocentric perspective. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Ethnic studies, in the United States, is the interdisciplinary study of difference?chiefly race, ethnicity, and nation, but also sexuality, gender, and other such markings?and power, as expressed by the state, by civil society, and by individuals.
- Ethnic studies Category
- Latino Studies - Latino studies is an academic discipline which studies the experience of people of Hispanic ancestry in the United States.
- African-American studies - African-American studies is an interdisciplinary academic field devoted to the study of the history, culture, and politics of Black Americans.
- Chicana/o studies - Chicano studies originated in the Chicano Movement of the late 1960s and 1970s. Chicano Studies concerns itself with the study of Chicanos, Latinos, and Mexican Americans, drawing upon a variety of fields, including, but not limited to, history, sociology, the arts, and Chicana/Chicano theory.
- Romani studies - Romani studies is an emerging interdisciplinary ethnic studies field concerned with the experiences of the Romani people. Very rare terms for the field include Ziganology, Ciganology, Romology, Romalogy, and Romistics.
- Asian American studies - Asian American Studies is an academic discipline which critically examines the history, experiences, culture, and policies relevant to Asian Americans. It is closely related to other Ethnic Studies disciplines, such as African American Studies, Latino/a Studies, and Native American Studies.
- Native American studies - Native American studies is an interdisciplinary academic field that examines the history, culture, politics, issues, and contemporary experience of Native peoples in North America, or, taking a hemispheric approach, the Americas.
- Key Racial and Ethnic Disparities www
Key findings from the National Survey of America's Families. Racial and Ethnic Disparities.
- Interdisciplinary University of Toronto Ethnic, Immigration, and Pluralism Studies www
Interdisciplinary degree program. Toronto Ethnic, Immigration, and Pluralism Studies. Features information for current and prospective students, as well as a calendar of lectures and related links. University of Toronto Ethnic, Immigration, and Pluralism Studies.
- Organization Canadian Ethnic Studies Association www
Organization devoted to the study of ethnicity and cultural life of groups in Canada. Ethnic Studies Association. Features membership information, board of directors, mission statement and links. Located at the University of Calgary. In French and English. Canadian Ethnic Studies Association.
- Directory The UCLA Ethnic Studies Publications Catalog www
Directory of University sponsored books organized by sub-field. The UCLA Ethnic Studies Publications Catalog.
- An Minority Rights Group www
An international organization that raises awareness of minority rights issues based on research, Rights Group, publication, and by providing information to the public. Features workshop reports, a newsletter, and contact information. Minority Rights Group.
- H-Net H-Ethnic: Ethnic and Immigration History www
H-Net discussion group dedicated to the scholarly discussion of ethnic history, Ethnic and Immigration History, immigration and emigration studies. Features subject overview, archive, bibliographies, links to related resources, syllabi, and subscription information. H-Ethnic: Ethnic and Immigration History.
- Article Multiculturalism and the Struggle for Ethnic Studies www
Article describes the turbulent origins and history of Ethnic Studies. and the Struggle for Ethnic Studies. An essay written by Bob Wing and published in ColorLines Magazine summer 1999. Multiculturalism and the Struggle for Ethnic Studies.
- Provides National Association for Ethnic Studies www
Provides an interdisciplinary forum for scholars and activists concerned with ethnicity. Association for Ethnic Studies. Offers information about the organization, contact details, and links to related resources. National Association for Ethnic Studies.
- Provides University of California San Diego www
Provides information for current and prospective students, California San Diego, news and information on curriculum. University of California San Diego.
- Includes Mills College www
Includes information on the program, College, faculty and courses. Located in Oakland, California, USA. Mills College.
- New Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture www
New York Public Library. Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture.
- A Black Cultural Studies www
A portal for Black Studies and the African Diaspora. Cultural Studies. Includes interviews, bibliographies, essays, and links to related resources. Black Cultural Studies.
- A Human Relations Area Files, Inc. www
A non-profit consortium of schools and research institutions collecting and compiling information to facilitate cross-cultural studies in ethnography and archaeology. Relations Area Files, Inc.. Features list of publications and subscription information. Human Relations Area Files, Inc..
- A Anthropological Center for Training www
A research group at Indiana University, Center for Training, Bloomington that focuses on the human dimensions of global environment change. Features information on training, an online newsletter, and provides a list of publications. Anthropological Center for Training.
- Study Global Studies Program - Masters in Social Sciences www
Study focus on globalization, Studies Program - Masters in Social Sciences, international governance and cultural change. Degree program jointly run by universities in Freiburg, New Delhi, and Singapore. Global Studies Program - Masters in Social Sciences.
- Interactive FedStats - International, State, County, & Local Area Statistics www
Interactive access to statistics and information produced by more than 100 U. International, State, County, & Local Area Statistics.S. Federal Government agencies. FedStats - International, State, County, & Local Area Statistics.
- An Diversity at Work: Asian Americans www
An article that discusses Asian American immigrants in the workforce. Diversity at Work: Asian Americans.
- University Asian American Studies Committee www
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. American Studies Committee. Includes information about courses, faculty, events. Asian American Studies Committee.
- Comparative Global City Regions www
Comparative research project on the transformation of governance under the dynamics of globalization, City Regions, focusing on global city regions. Global City Regions.
- The Comparative Constitutions Project www
The intent of the project is to investigate the sources and consequences of constitutional choices. Constitutions Project. Includes faculty, news, publications and courses. Comparative Constitutions Project.
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Alexa: Ethnic Studies Social Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Ethnic Studies Social Sciences
- DMOZ: Ethnic Studies Social Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Ethnic Studies Social Sciences