Family and consumer science is an academic discipline that combines aspects of social and natural science. It deals with the relationship between individuals, families and communities and the environment in which they live. Family and Consumer Science Social Sciences Science.
As a subject of study, FCS is taught in secondary schools, colleges and universities, vocational schools, and in adult education centers; students include women and men. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Home economics, domestic science or home science is a field of study that deals with the economics and management of the home, family and community. It deals with the relationship between individuals, families, communities, and the environment in which they live.
- Home economics Category
- Consumer economics - Consumer economics is a branch of economics. It is a broad field, principally concerned with microeconomic analysis behavior in units of consumers, families, or individuals. It sometimes also encompasses family financial planning and policy analysis.
- Domestic technology - Domestic technology is the incorporation of applied science into the home. There are many aspects of domestic technology. On one level, there are home appliances, home automation and other devices commonly used in the home, such as clothes dryers and washing machines.
- Ellen Swallow Richards - Ellen Henrietta Swallow Richards was an industrial and environmental chemist in the United States during the 19th century. Her pioneering work in sanitary engineering, and experimental research in domestic science, laid a foundation for the new science of home economics.
- Euthenics - Euthenics is the study of the improvement of human functioning and well-being by improvement of living conditions.
- Family (economics) - Family economics applies basic economic concepts such as production, division of labor, distribution, and decision making to the study of the family.
- Homemaker - Homemaking is a mainly American term for the management of a home, otherwise known as housework, housekeeping, or household management. It is the act of overseeing the organizational, day-to-day operations of a house or estate, and the managing of other domestic concerns.
- Life skills
- Domestic life
- Applied sciences
- Search Education Index - Home Economics Resources www
Search for educational information and links in the field of Home Economics Education Index - Home Economics Resources.
- Background The Ecology of the Family www
Background paper for a family-centered approach to education and social service delivery. The Ecology of the Family.
- A The Home Economics Database www
A searchable bibliography of articles in the field of home economics, Home Economics Database, family studies and consumer sciences, covering technological, social and economic aspects of both private and institutional households. The Home Economics Database.
- Bibliography History of Women and Science, Health, and Technology www
Bibliography of home economics and domestic science professions and their disciplines. History of Women and Science, Health, and Technology.
- Provides Consumer Behavior and Marketing: The Psychology of Consumers www
Provides an overview of topics in consumer psychology from a marketing point of view. Consumer Behavior and Marketing: The Psychology of Consumers.
- Cornell From Domesticity to Modernity: What Was Home Economics? www
Cornell University Library exhibition on the history of home economics. Domesticity to Modernity: What Was Home Economics?. Traces the in history of the profession, provides a timeline, biographies, bibliography and interviews. From Domesticity to Modernity: What Was Home Economics?.
- Professional Home Economics Institute of Australia www
Professional association for home economists. Economics Institute of Australia. Includes member information, publications, news, chat, student links and related resources. Home Economics Institute of Australia.
- A Forum for Family and Consumer Issues www
A refereed e-journal designed to integrate, for Family and Consumer Issues, apply, and transmit knowledge about issues of current interest in Family and Consumer Sciences. Forum for Family and Consumer Issues.
- Electronic Home Economics Archive www
Electronic collection of historic books and journals in Home Economics and related disciplines. Economics Archive. The full text of these materials, as well as bibliographies and essays are available. Home Economics Archive.
- Demographic US Census Bureau Families and Living Arrangements www
Demographic characteristics of households and families. US Census Bureau Families and Living Arrangements.
- Provides International Federation of Home Economics www
Provides an international forum for home economists to develop and express concerns for individuals, Federation of Home Economics, families, and households at the United Nations and among other international non-governmental organisations whose interests parallel those of home economics. International Federation of Home Economics.
- As Marketing Science Institute www
As a not-for-profit institute, Science Institute, initiates, supports and disseminates studies by academic scholars, advancing the theory and practice of marketing. Provides online access to their quarterly publication and their biannual research priorities list. Marketing Science Institute.
- Aims Association for Consumer Research www
Aims to advance consumer research and to facilitate the exchange of scholarly information among members of academia, for Consumer Research, industry, and government worldwide. Provides online access to research papers published in the Proceedings. Association for Consumer Research.
- Provides Oregon State University Extension www
Provides education and information based on timely research to help Oregonians solve problems and develop skills related to youth, State University Extension, family, community, farm, forest, energy, and marine resources. Oregon State University Extension.
- Delivers Utah State University Extension www
Delivers research-based education and information to Utah residents in the areas of agriculture, State University Extension, community development and family and consumer sciences. Utah State University Extension.
- Extension North Carolina State University Family & Consumer Sciences www
Extension service offering educational programs delivered by county extension educators, Carolina State University Family & Consumer Sciences, and focus on the strengthening and sustaining families within the community. North Carolina State University Family & Consumer Sciences.
- The Cornell University College of Human Ecology www
The College responds to human needs by improving nutrition and health, University College of Human Ecology, advancing environmental design and technology, promoting human development, and securing economic and social well-being for individuals, families, and communities through integrated programs of research, outreach, and teaching. Cornell University College of Human Ecology.
- Academic Consumption, Markets, & Culture www
Academic journal emphasizing critical aspects of consumer culture and market society; edited by A. Markets, & Culture. Fuat Firat and Alladi Venkatesh. First 4 volumes are available online. Consumption, Markets, & Culture.
- Online Journal of Research for Consumers www
Online journal disseminating consumer research to help citizens become more informed and conscious in their roles as consumers. Journal of Research for Consumers.
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Alexa: Family and Consumer Science Social Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Family and Consumer Science Social Sciences
- DMOZ: Family and Consumer Science Social Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Family and Consumer Science Social Sciences