Family and consumer science is an academic discipline that combines aspects of social and natural science. It deals with the relationship between individuals, families and communities and the environment in which they live. Family and Consumer Science Social Sciences Science.
As a subject of study, FCS is taught in secondary schools, colleges and universities, vocational schools, and in adult education centers; students include women and men. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Home economics, domestic science or home science is a field of study that deals with the economics and management of the home, family and community. It deals with the relationship between individuals, families, communities, and the environment in which they live.
- Home economics Category
- Consumer economics - Consumer economics is a branch of economics. It is a broad field, principally concerned with microeconomic analysis behavior in units of consumers, families, or individuals. It sometimes also encompasses family financial planning and policy analysis.
- Domestic technology - Domestic technology is the incorporation of applied science into the home. There are many aspects of domestic technology. On one level, there are home appliances, home automation and other devices commonly used in the home, such as clothes dryers and washing machines.
- Ellen Swallow Richards - Ellen Henrietta Swallow Richards was an industrial and environmental chemist in the United States during the 19th century. Her pioneering work in sanitary engineering, and experimental research in domestic science, laid a foundation for the new science of home economics.
- Euthenics - Euthenics is the study of the improvement of human functioning and well-being by improvement of living conditions.
- Family (economics) - Family economics applies basic economic concepts such as production, division of labor, distribution, and decision making to the study of the family.
- Homemaker - Homemaking is a mainly American term for the management of a home, otherwise known as housework, housekeeping, or household management. It is the act of overseeing the organizational, day-to-day operations of a house or estate, and the managing of other domestic concerns.
- Life skills
- Domestic life
- Applied sciences
- Provides Consumer Behavior and Marketing: The Psychology of Consumers www
Provides an overview of topics in consumer psychology from a marketing point of view. Consumer Behavior and Marketing: The Psychology of Consumers.
- A The Home Economics Database www
A searchable bibliography of articles in the field of home economics, Home Economics Database, family studies and consumer sciences, covering technological, social and economic aspects of both private and institutional households. The Home Economics Database.
- Cornell From Domesticity to Modernity: What Was Home Economics? www
Cornell University Library exhibition on the history of home economics. Domesticity to Modernity: What Was Home Economics?. Traces the in history of the profession, provides a timeline, biographies, bibliography and interviews. From Domesticity to Modernity: What Was Home Economics?.
- A Forum for Family and Consumer Issues www
A refereed e-journal designed to integrate, for Family and Consumer Issues, apply, and transmit knowledge about issues of current interest in Family and Consumer Sciences. Forum for Family and Consumer Issues.
- Bibliography History of Women and Science, Health, and Technology www
Bibliography of home economics and domestic science professions and their disciplines. History of Women and Science, Health, and Technology.
- Search Education Index - Home Economics Resources www
Search for educational information and links in the field of Home Economics Education Index - Home Economics Resources.
- Provides International Federation of Home Economics www
Provides an international forum for home economists to develop and express concerns for individuals, Federation of Home Economics, families, and households at the United Nations and among other international non-governmental organisations whose interests parallel those of home economics. International Federation of Home Economics.
- Demographic US Census Bureau Families and Living Arrangements www
Demographic characteristics of households and families. US Census Bureau Families and Living Arrangements.
- Background The Ecology of the Family www
Background paper for a family-centered approach to education and social service delivery. The Ecology of the Family.
- Electronic Home Economics Archive www
Electronic collection of historic books and journals in Home Economics and related disciplines. Economics Archive. The full text of these materials, as well as bibliographies and essays are available. Home Economics Archive.
- Professional Home Economics Institute of Australia www
Professional association for home economists. Economics Institute of Australia. Includes member information, publications, news, chat, student links and related resources. Home Economics Institute of Australia.
- National American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences www
National organization representing family and consumer sciences professionals across practice areas and content specializations. Association of Family and Consumer Sciences. Formerly known as the American Home Economics Association. American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- As Marketing Science Institute www
As a not-for-profit institute, Science Institute, initiates, supports and disseminates studies by academic scholars, advancing the theory and practice of marketing. Provides online access to their quarterly publication and their biannual research priorities list. Marketing Science Institute.
- Delivers Utah State University Extension www
Delivers research-based education and information to Utah residents in the areas of agriculture, State University Extension, community development and family and consumer sciences. Utah State University Extension.
- Aims Cornell Cooperative Extension www
Aims to improve New York State communities through partnerships and university-based research in the areas of agriculture and food systems, Cooperative Extension, youth and family services, economic development, nutrition, and natural resources. Cornell Cooperative Extension.
- Offers Oregon State University College of Health and Human Sciences www
Offers undergraduate and graduate education in the areas of merchandising management, State University College of Health and Human Sciences, human development, family sciences, food and nutrition, public health, and exercise and sports sciences. Oregon State University College of Health and Human Sciences.
- Information University of Wisconsin Madison School of Human Ecology www
Information on degree programs in consumer science and textile design. University of Wisconsin Madison School of Human Ecology.
- An Review of Marketing Science www
An online scholarly journal that disseminates research papers before they appear in major academic journals. Review of Marketing Science.
- Online Advances in Consumer Research www
Online published version of the papers submitted to the Association for Consumer Research annual meetings. Advances in Consumer Research.
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Alexa: Family and Consumer Science Social Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Family and Consumer Science Social Sciences
- DMOZ: Family and Consumer Science Social Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Family and Consumer Science Social Sciences