Research Centers Geographic Information Systems Geography Social Sciences Science.
- Wikipedia: A research center is a facility or building dedicated to research, commonly with the focus on a specific area. There are over 14,000 research centers in the United States. Centers apply varied disciplines including basic research and applied research in addition to non traditional techniques. However, a research center should not be confused with a research institute. Additionally, today many universities are establishing research centers to conduct a specific research or education activity. Over a hundred of research centers can be established in one university. This number certainly differs from a university to a university, but most of the research centers there do bring something to the scientific table.
- Research organizations
- Multidisciplinary University Consortium for Geographic Information Science www
Multidisciplinary consortium of US universities and research institutes interested in Geographic Information Science research. University Consortium for Geographic Information Science.
- International GIScience conference www
International biennial Geographic Information Science conference series. GIScience conference.
- The Global Land Cover Facility www
The Global Land Cover Facility (GLCF) is a NASA-funded member of the Earth Science Information Partnership at the University of Maryland with links to the Earth Science Data Interface (ESDI), Land Cover Facility, an interface for accessing several remote sensing and land cover data sets. Global Land Cover Facility.
- Association Semantic Modeling and Extraction of Spatial Objects from Images and Maps www
Association of 10 research groups focussing on integrating photogrammetry, Modeling and Extraction of Spatial Objects from Images and Maps, cartography, image understanding and pattern recognition. Semantic Modeling and Extraction of Spatial Objects from Images and Maps.
- Production, Mid-Continent Mapping Center www
Production, Mapping Center, research, and data management facility for United States maps and digital cartographic data products. Mid-Continent Mapping Center.
- Penn GeoVista Center www
Penn State University Geographic Information Science and visualization research group. GeoVista Center.
- A Complex Systems Research Center Laboratory for Remote Sensing www
A remote sensing, Systems Research Center Laboratory for Remote Sensing, ecology, hydrology and GIS research center at the University of New Hampshire with links to GIS data sets and geography departments at other universities. Complex Systems Research Center Laboratory for Remote Sensing.
- The Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA) www
The Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA) is a research centre at University College London developing emerging computer technologies dealing with geography, for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA), space and location in the built and natural environment. Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis (CASA).
- Remote Remote Sensing and GIS Laboratory - Utah State University www
Remote sensing and GIS methods for natural resources applications. Remote Sensing and GIS Laboratory - Utah State University.
- GIS GIS Monitor www
GIS monitor goes beyond the headlines and press releases. Monitor. Local, county, state and federal Mapping and GIS users, consultants read and depend on the GIS Monitor Newsletter every week. GIS Monitor.
- The The Food and Agriculture Organization www
The FAO GeoNetwork provides Internet access to interactive maps, Food and Agriculture Organization, satellite imagery and related spatial databases. The Food and Agriculture Organization.
- Alexa: Research Centers Geographic Information Systems
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Research Centers Geographic Information Systems
- DMOZ: Research Centers Geographic Information Systems
dmoz.org Directory: Research Centers Geographic Information Systems