Human Geography is the study of the spatial organization of human activity and human interaction with the physical environment. The @links provided in this section are subareas that are typically of interest to those studying human and cultural geography. Historical geography, cultural geography, medical geography, economic geography and political geography are all areas of study within the field of human geography. Human Geography Geography Social Sciences Science.
Human geography is the branch of the social sciences that deals with the world, its people and their communities, cultures, economies and interaction with the environment by noticing their relations with and across space and place. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Human geography is the branch of geography that deals with the study of people and their communities, cultures, economies, and interactions with the environment by studying their relations with and across space and place. Human geography attends to human patterns of social interaction, as well as spatial level interdependencies, and how they influence or affect the earth's environment. As an intellectual discipline, geography is divided into the sub-fields of physical geography and human geography, the latter concentrating upon the study of human activities, by the application of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Human geography Category
- Geography of food - The geography of food is a field of human geography. It focuses on patterns of food production and consumption on the local to global scale.
- Integrated geography - Integrated geography is the branch of geography that describes and explains the spatial aspects of interactions between human individuals or societies and their natural environment. These interactions being called coupled human?environment systems.
- Political ecology - Political ecology is the study of the relationships between political, economic and social factors with environmental issues and changes. Political ecology differs from apolitical ecological studies by politicizing environmental issues and phenomena.
- Branches of geography
- Environmental social science
- Features Association for Border Studies www
Features membership details, for Border Studies, board of directors, information on meetings and calls for papers, and contacts. Association for Border Studies.
- Information Rachel Slocum www
Information on her research into climate politics, Slocum, feminist science studies, food security and racism. Features abstracts of publications and curriculum vitae. Rachel Slocum.
- Portal Borderbase www
Portal features reference materials related to international borders and tripoints. Borderbase. Includes photos, links and news. Borderbase.
- A Residential Energy Consumption Survey www
A report on geographic information about U. Energy Consumption Survey.S. households and their energy usage from 1978 to 1997. Residential Energy Consumption Survey.
- Home International Boundaries Research Unit www
Home page of the International Boundaries Research Unit, Boundaries Research Unit, (IBRU) located at the University of Durham. A source of information on boundary and territorial issues around the world. International Boundaries Research Unit.
- A History of the U.S Cultural Environment www
A research and bibliographic guide to UC Berkeley print and web resources for the study of the cultural geography of the United States. History of the U.S Cultural Environment.
- Abstract Consensus-Building in a Multi-Participant Spatial Decision Support System www
Abstract of an article by Robert D. a Multi-Participant Spatial Decision Support System. Feick and Dr. G. Brent Hall that describes integrating and visualizing spatial data sets for regional planning. The complete text of the article is available in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. Consensus-Building in a Multi-Participant Spatial Decision Support System.
- A Urbanizing GIS www
A discussion of how Philadelphia is trying to apply GIS (Geographic Information Systems) effectively to the complex circumstances that surround neighborhood planning in a troubled urban environment. Urbanizing GIS.
- A Cultural Landscapes from Around the World www
A gallery of pictures covering many aspects of cultural geography. Cultural Landscapes from Around the World.
- Historical National Atlases: Presenting the Nation's Cultural Geography www
Historical overview of statistical atlases and census maps that express the cultural landscape of the United States. National Atlases: Presenting the Nation's Cultural Geography.
- An UKBorders www
An archive that provides the digitized boundary data associated with the 1991 Census of Population of the United Kingdom. UKBorders.
- Tomasz Four Dimensions of the Center-Periphery Conflict in the Polish Electoral Geography www
Tomasz Zarycki argues that Polish electoral geography is based both on political ideology and elements of the spatial distribution of the population Four Dimensions of the Center-Periphery Conflict in the Polish Electoral Geography.
- Lecture Cultural Landscapes www
Lecture notes providing a discussion of the social landscapes of North America. Cultural Landscapes.
- An The Maritime Cultural Landscape www
An essay describing the concept of traditional maritime zones of transport in terms of human geography. The Maritime Cultural Landscape.
- A Project Vital www
A laboratory for the study of geographic information technologies as they relate to transportation. Vital. Features project overview, links to related resources, job opportunities, and contact details. Project Vital.
- Essays Regional Inversion www
Essays by Luis Suarez-Villa, Inversion, of the University of California, Irvine. Features sections devoted to the role of innovative capacity, tangible and intangible infrastructure, and a description of inversion at the metropolitan level Regional Inversion.
- A Modeling Agglomeration and Dispersion in City and Country www
A critical analysis of the literature surrounding the field of economic geography. Modeling Agglomeration and Dispersion in City and Country.
- A Mable/Geocorr www
- Outlines Economic and Business Geography www
Outlines several definitions of economic geography and discusses research issues related to the field. Economic and Business Geography.
- A The Geography of Transport Systems www
A project developed to promote access to transport geography information. Geography of Transport Systems. Includes material to support undergraduate courses, including articles, exercises, GIS-T datasets, and PowerPoint presentations. The Geography of Transport Systems.
- H-Net H-HistGeog: Historical Geography www
H-Net discussion group dedicated to examining the intricate relationship between space and time. Historical Geography. Features subject overview, archive and subscription information. H-HistGeog: Historical Geography.
- An The Society for Human Ecology www
An international and interdisciplinary professional society that promotes the use of an ecological perspective in both research and application. The Society for Human Ecology.
- An Human Navigation www
An article from the MIT Encyclopedia of Cognitive Science by Herbert Pick that discusses cross-cultural research into environmental knowledge and wayfinding behavior. Human Navigation.
- A SDSS for Location Planning, or The Seat of the Pants is Out www
A paper by Larry Daniel that reviews the general characteristics of a spatial decision support system (SDSS) applied to site analysis. SDSS for Location Planning, or The Seat of the Pants is Out.
- A Project Gigalopolis www
A research project working to extend and refine the Clarke Urban Growth Model for making predictions at regional, Gigalopolis, continental and eventually global scales. Project Gigalopolis.
- Promotes Economic Geography Research Group www
Promotes research in economic geography by organising meetings, Geography Research Group, developing contact and cooperation among geographers and other social scientists, and encouraging the publication of research. Economic Geography Research Group.
- An Prisoners of Geography www
An article that explains why landlocked nations may never enjoy access to the markets and new technologies they need to flourish in the global economy. Prisoners of Geography.
- Essays Lansdowne Geographic Research www
Essays in historical and sports geography by Philip McEachern. Lansdowne Geographic Research.
- A Cultural Landscapes www
A catalog of US maps showing the cultural modification of the landscape as settlers established farmsteads and villages, Landscapes, and named their surroundings. Cultural Landscapes.
- A Program for the Human Environment www
A research center at Rockefeller University that explores how long-run technical change relates to productivity and efficiency of energy, for the Human Environment, materials, land, and other resources, and the consequences for human populations. Program for the Human Environment.
- Article The Spatial Economy www
Article by Masahisa Fujita, Spatial Economy, Paul Krugman and Anthrony Venables that describes the dramatic increase in research on economic geography. Includes a discussion of spatial aspects of the Dixit-Stiglitz model of monopolistic competition. The Spatial Economy.
- Provides Smithsonian Institution Anthropology Outreach Office www
Provides leaflets, Institution Anthropology Outreach Office, bibliographies, and instructor's packets for teaching a variety of topics. Smithsonian Institution Anthropology Outreach Office.
- An Center for Human Origin and Cultural Diversity www
An outreach program at the University of Missouri-St. for Human Origin and Cultural Diversity. Louis that offers instruction to people of all ages in both cultural and physical anthropology. Site features lesson plans and educational resources. Center for Human Origin and Cultural Diversity.
- Provides NationMaster.com www
Provides country and regional graphs and descriptive statistics based on geography, NationMaster.com, military, economy, crime, education, and transportation. NationMaster.com.
- Creates Institute for Global Studies - University of Minnesota www
Creates curriculum and seminars to study global issues. for Global Studies - University of Minnesota. Page includes news, events and staff information. Institute for Global Studies - University of Minnesota.
- H-Net H-Demog: Historical Demography www
H-Net discussion group dedicated to research, Historical Demography, teaching, and historiography. Features subject overview, archives, reports, affiliations, links to related lists and resources, and subscription details. Includes interactive demographic data viewer. H-Demog: Historical Demography.
- Teaching Development Education Program, World Bank Group www
Teaching and learning materials on social, Education Program, World Bank Group, economic, and environmental issues of sustainable development, including extensive information on interpreting demographic data. Development Education Program, World Bank Group.
- Eldis The Gateway to Development Information www
Eldis is funded by Danida and hosted by the Institute of Development Studies, Gateway to Development Information, Sussex. It has a large number of links on development topics and organizations The Gateway to Development Information.
- Provides Economic Development, Technological Change and Growth - WebEc www
Provides list of links to collections, Development, Technological Change and Growth - WebEc, institutions, and publications. Economic Development, Technological Change and Growth - WebEc.
- by Social Science Research Resources www
by Craig McKie. Social Science Research Resources.
- Construct Enquire Within and the Repertory Grid Interview www
Construct systems may be conceived of as multi-dimensional mathematical models in which the person's own language is used to classify his or her experience - a presentation of Kelly's personal construct theory Enquire Within and the Repertory Grid Interview.
- News Migration Dialogue www
News and analysis of important immigration and integration developments of the preceding month. Dialogue. Site also features a directory of links and provides online access to migration and refugee data sets. Migration Dialogue.
- Bibliography Immigrant Women 1945 to the Present www
Bibliography of scholarly literature that features sections devoted to demography, Women 1945 to the Present, economics, health, and religion.p€ Immigrant Women 1945 to the Present.
- A The Geography Exchange www
A combination of teaching resources, Geography Exchange, lessons and indexes of website links with an emphasis on physical geography. The Geography Exchange.
- A The START Natural Language Question Answering System www
A system designed to answer questions that are posed in natural language. START Natural Language Question Answering System. The system is especially equipped to answer geography queries. The START Natural Language Question Answering System.
- Alexa: Human Geography Geography
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Human Geography Geography
- DMOZ: Human Geography Geography
dmoz.org Directory: Human Geography Geography