Human Geography is the study of the spatial organization of human activity and human interaction with the physical environment. The @links provided in this section are subareas that are typically of interest to those studying human and cultural geography. Historical geography, cultural geography, medical geography, economic geography and political geography are all areas of study within the field of human geography. Human Geography Geography Social Sciences Science.
Human geography is the branch of the social sciences that deals with the world, its people and their communities, cultures, economies and interaction with the environment by noticing their relations with and across space and place. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Human geography is the branch of geography that deals with the study of people and their communities, cultures, economies, and interactions with the environment by studying their relations with and across space and place. Human geography attends to human patterns of social interaction, as well as spatial level interdependencies, and how they influence or affect the earth's environment. As an intellectual discipline, geography is divided into the sub-fields of physical geography and human geography, the latter concentrating upon the study of human activities, by the application of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Human geography Category
- Geography of food - The geography of food is a field of human geography. It focuses on patterns of food production and consumption on the local to global scale.
- Integrated geography - Integrated geography is the branch of geography that describes and explains the spatial aspects of interactions between human individuals or societies and their natural environment. These interactions being called coupled human?environment systems.
- Political ecology - Political ecology is the study of the relationships between political, economic and social factors with environmental issues and changes. Political ecology differs from apolitical ecological studies by politicizing environmental issues and phenomena.
- Branches of geography
- Environmental social science
- Lecture Cultural Landscapes www
Lecture notes providing a discussion of the social landscapes of North America. Cultural Landscapes.
- Outlines Economic and Business Geography www
Outlines several definitions of economic geography and discusses research issues related to the field. Economic and Business Geography.
- An The Society for Human Ecology www
An international and interdisciplinary professional society that promotes the use of an ecological perspective in both research and application. The Society for Human Ecology.
- Promotes Economic Geography Research Group www
Promotes research in economic geography by organising meetings, Geography Research Group, developing contact and cooperation among geographers and other social scientists, and encouraging the publication of research. Economic Geography Research Group.
- A Mable/Geocorr www
- A Modeling Agglomeration and Dispersion in City and Country www
A critical analysis of the literature surrounding the field of economic geography. Modeling Agglomeration and Dispersion in City and Country.
- An Prisoners of Geography www
An article that explains why landlocked nations may never enjoy access to the markets and new technologies they need to flourish in the global economy. Prisoners of Geography.
- A History of the U.S Cultural Environment www
A research and bibliographic guide to UC Berkeley print and web resources for the study of the cultural geography of the United States. History of the U.S Cultural Environment.
- A Program for the Human Environment www
A research center at Rockefeller University that explores how long-run technical change relates to productivity and efficiency of energy, for the Human Environment, materials, land, and other resources, and the consequences for human populations. Program for the Human Environment.
- A Residential Energy Consumption Survey www
A report on geographic information about U. Energy Consumption Survey.S. households and their energy usage from 1978 to 1997. Residential Energy Consumption Survey.
- H-Net H-HistGeog: Historical Geography www
H-Net discussion group dedicated to examining the intricate relationship between space and time. Historical Geography. Features subject overview, archive and subscription information. H-HistGeog: Historical Geography.
- A The Geography of Transport Systems www
A project developed to promote access to transport geography information. Geography of Transport Systems. Includes material to support undergraduate courses, including articles, exercises, GIS-T datasets, and PowerPoint presentations. The Geography of Transport Systems.
- A Project Gigalopolis www
A research project working to extend and refine the Clarke Urban Growth Model for making predictions at regional, Gigalopolis, continental and eventually global scales. Project Gigalopolis.
- Essays Regional Inversion www
Essays by Luis Suarez-Villa, Inversion, of the University of California, Irvine. Features sections devoted to the role of innovative capacity, tangible and intangible infrastructure, and a description of inversion at the metropolitan level Regional Inversion.
- Features Association for Border Studies www
Features membership details, for Border Studies, board of directors, information on meetings and calls for papers, and contacts. Association for Border Studies.
- Home International Boundaries Research Unit www
Home page of the International Boundaries Research Unit, Boundaries Research Unit, (IBRU) located at the University of Durham. A source of information on boundary and territorial issues around the world. International Boundaries Research Unit.
- Essays Lansdowne Geographic Research www
Essays in historical and sports geography by Philip McEachern. Lansdowne Geographic Research.
- Tomasz Four Dimensions of the Center-Periphery Conflict in the Polish Electoral Geography www
Tomasz Zarycki argues that Polish electoral geography is based both on political ideology and elements of the spatial distribution of the population Four Dimensions of the Center-Periphery Conflict in the Polish Electoral Geography.
- A Urbanizing GIS www
A discussion of how Philadelphia is trying to apply GIS (Geographic Information Systems) effectively to the complex circumstances that surround neighborhood planning in a troubled urban environment. Urbanizing GIS.
- An The Maritime Cultural Landscape www
An essay describing the concept of traditional maritime zones of transport in terms of human geography. The Maritime Cultural Landscape.
- Portal Borderbase www
Portal features reference materials related to international borders and tripoints. Borderbase. Includes photos, links and news. Borderbase.
- Historical National Atlases: Presenting the Nation's Cultural Geography www
Historical overview of statistical atlases and census maps that express the cultural landscape of the United States. National Atlases: Presenting the Nation's Cultural Geography.
- An Human Navigation www
An article from the MIT Encyclopedia of Cognitive Science by Herbert Pick that discusses cross-cultural research into environmental knowledge and wayfinding behavior. Human Navigation.
- A Cultural Landscapes www
A catalog of US maps showing the cultural modification of the landscape as settlers established farmsteads and villages, Landscapes, and named their surroundings. Cultural Landscapes.
- Article The Spatial Economy www
Article by Masahisa Fujita, Spatial Economy, Paul Krugman and Anthrony Venables that describes the dramatic increase in research on economic geography. Includes a discussion of spatial aspects of the Dixit-Stiglitz model of monopolistic competition. The Spatial Economy.
- An UKBorders www
An archive that provides the digitized boundary data associated with the 1991 Census of Population of the United Kingdom. UKBorders.
- Abstract Consensus-Building in a Multi-Participant Spatial Decision Support System www
Abstract of an article by Robert D. a Multi-Participant Spatial Decision Support System. Feick and Dr. G. Brent Hall that describes integrating and visualizing spatial data sets for regional planning. The complete text of the article is available in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. Consensus-Building in a Multi-Participant Spatial Decision Support System.
- A Cultural Landscapes from Around the World www
A gallery of pictures covering many aspects of cultural geography. Cultural Landscapes from Around the World.
- A SDSS for Location Planning, or The Seat of the Pants is Out www
A paper by Larry Daniel that reviews the general characteristics of a spatial decision support system (SDSS) applied to site analysis. SDSS for Location Planning, or The Seat of the Pants is Out.
- A Project Vital www
A laboratory for the study of geographic information technologies as they relate to transportation. Vital. Features project overview, links to related resources, job opportunities, and contact details. Project Vital.
- Information Rachel Slocum www
Information on her research into climate politics, Slocum, feminist science studies, food security and racism. Features abstracts of publications and curriculum vitae. Rachel Slocum.
- Frequently FAQs for Sci.Anthropology www
Frequently asked questions for the Usenet newsgroup. for Sci.Anthropology. Offers basic information on the field. FAQs for Sci.Anthropology.
- Feed Connotea: Anthropology www
Feed offers links to news, Anthropology, journal articles and Web sites. Connotea: Anthropology.
- Provides NationMaster.com www
Provides country and regional graphs and descriptive statistics based on geography, NationMaster.com, military, economy, crime, education, and transportation. NationMaster.com.
- Interactive FedStats - International, State, County, & Local Area Statistics www
Interactive access to statistics and information produced by more than 100 U. International, State, County, & Local Area Statistics.S. Federal Government agencies. FedStats - International, State, County, & Local Area Statistics.
- Population PopClocks: U.S. and World Population Clocks www
Population estimates from the US Census Bureau, U.S. and World Population Clocks, updated continuously. PopClocks: U.S. and World Population Clocks.
- Teaching Development Education Program, World Bank Group www
Teaching and learning materials on social, Education Program, World Bank Group, economic, and environmental issues of sustainable development, including extensive information on interpreting demographic data. Development Education Program, World Bank Group.
- An Asian Productivity Organization www
An inter-governmental regional organization established by Convention in 1961 to oversee productivity development in 18 countries throughout Asia and the Pacific. Asian Productivity Organization.
- Harvard Harvard Institute for International Development www
Harvard University's multidisciplinary center for coordinating development assistance, Institute for International Development, training, and research on Africa, Asia, Central and Eastern Europe, and Latin America. Harvard Institute for International Development.
- by Social Science Research Resources www
by Craig McKie. Social Science Research Resources.
- Links Resources for Methods in Evaluation and Social Research www
Links to free resources for methods in social science research. Resources for Methods in Evaluation and Social Research.
- Indo-European Indo-European Studies www
Indo-European origins and migrations according to many different theories and views. Indo-European Studies.
- News Migration Dialogue www
News and analysis of important immigration and integration developments of the preceding month. Dialogue. Site also features a directory of links and provides online access to migration and refugee data sets. Migration Dialogue.
- Infoplease Infoplease Political and Reference Atlas www
Infoplease Atlas has political maps of each region, Political and Reference Atlas, country, and state with links to reference information. Infoplease Political and Reference Atlas.
- Information World Island Info www
Information on the world's islands, Island Info, including island superlatives. World Island Info.
- Alexa: Human Geography Geography
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Human Geography Geography
- DMOZ: Human Geography Geography
dmoz.org Directory: Human Geography Geography