National Geographic Society Organizations Geography Social Sciences Science.
The National Geographic Society ( NGS ), headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States, is one of the largest nonprofit scientific and educational institutions in the world. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The National Geographic Society, headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States, is one of the largest non-profit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Founded in 1888, its interests include geography, archaeology and natural science, the promotion of environmental and historical conservation, and the study of world culture and history. The National Geographic Society's logo is a yellow portrait frame ? rectangular in shape ? which appears on the margins surrounding the front covers of its magazines and as its television channel logo. In partnership with 21st Century Fox, the Society operates the magazine, TV channels, a website that features extra content and worldwide events, and other media operations.
- National Geographic Society Category
- American Geographical Society - The American Geographical Society is an organization of professional geographers, founded in 1851 in New York City. Most fellows of the society are Americans, but among them have always been a significant number of fellows from around the world.
- Genographic Project - The Genographic Project, launched on 13 April 2005 by the National Geographic Society and IBM, is a multi-year genetic anthropology study that aims to map historical human migration patterns by collecting and analysing DNA samples., over 830,000 participants in over 140 countries have joined the...
- National Geographic Bee - The National Geographic Bee is an annual geography contest sponsored by the National Geographic Society. The bee, held every year since 1989, is open to students in the fourth through eighth grades in participating schools from the United States.
- Nicholas DeVore III - Nicholas DeVore III was a freelance photographer in the 1970s, 1980s and early 1990s who spent 25 years traveling the world taking photos for publications such as National Geographic, Fortune, Life, and GEO.
- Royal Canadian Geographical Society - The Royal Canadian Geographical Society is a Canadian non-profit educational organization dedicated to imparting a broader knowledge and deeper appreciation of Canada ? its people and places, its natural and cultural heritage and its environmental, social and economic challenges.
- Royal Geographical Society - The Royal Geographical Society is the UK's learned society and professional body for geography, founded in 1830 for the advancement of geographical sciences. Today, it is the leading centre for geographers and geographical learning.
- Geographic societies
- Alexander Graham Bell
- Magazine publishing companies of the United States
- Scientific organizations based in the United States
- NationalGeographic.com www
Explore National Geographic Online. NationalGeographic.com.
- To Heartbreak on the Serengeti www
To the Maasai it's the place where the land runs on forever, the Serengeti, but beyond the protected core of this iconic landscape, the land is running out. Heartbreak on the Serengeti.
- Syndicated National Geographic News www
Syndicated news and feature articles provided by the Society. National Geographic News.
- National National Geographic Events and Exhibits www
National Geographic produces a wide range of public programs, Geographic Events and Exhibits, including exhibits, speaker series, films, concerts and special events around the U.S. and abroad. National Geographic Events and Exhibits.
- It At the Tomb of Tutankhamen www
It is 1923, the Tomb of Tutankhamen, and the long-sought tomb of Tutankhamun is about to yield its secrets.Ê Join NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC correspondent Maynard Owen Williams in Egypt. At the Tomb of Tutankhamen.
- Catch Dinosaur Eggs www
Catch the excitement of fossil researchers as they 'hatch' fossilized dinosaur eggs and reveal the embryos inside. Eggs. Tour our museum of hatchlings. Dinosaur Eggs.
- Interactive Cyber Tiger www
Interactive feature at National Geographic allows visitors to act as zookeepers for rare Siberian tigers. Cyber Tiger.
- Video Okavango www
Video from the wetlands of Botswana's Okavango Delta. Okavango.
- Scott Contact! in the Amazon www
Scott Wallace has written for National Geographic magazine about searching for uncontacted tribes of the Amazon. Contact! in the Amazon.
- Are Salem www
Are you a witch? How long have you been in the snare of the devil? Why won't you confess? Experience the witch-hunt of 1692 in an interactive and terrifying way. Salem.
- A Canadian Association of Geographers www
A national organization of geographers from universities, Association of Geographers, colleges, corporations and government in Canada. Canadian Association of Geographers.
- Includes The Royal Geographical Society of South Australia Inc. www
Includes information on membership, Royal Geographical Society of South Australia Inc., events, publications and geographic resources. The Royal Geographical Society of South Australia Inc..
- Alexa: National Geographic Society Organizations
Alexa Directory Top Sites: National Geographic Society Organizations
- DMOZ: National Geographic Society Organizations
dmoz.org Directory: National Geographic Society Organizations