Physical Geography is the holistic study of the Earth's natural systems and cycles. It includes the study of the interrelationships among landforms, soil, vegetation, water (the oceans), and the climate. Physical Geography Geography Social Sciences Science.
Physical geography (also known as geosystems or physiography ) is one of the two major sub-fields of geography. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Physical geography is one of the two major sub-fields of geography. Physical geography is that branch of natural science which deals with the study of processes and patterns in the natural environment like the atmosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere, and geosphere, as opposed to the cultural or built environment, the domain of human geography.
- Physical geography Category
- Atmosphere of Earth - The atmosphere of Earth is the layer of gases, commonly known as air, that surrounds the planet Earth and is retained by Earth's gravity.
- Earth system science - Earth system science is the application of systems science to the Earth sciences.
- Ecology - Ecology is the branch of biology which studies the interactions among organisms and their environment. Objects of study include interactions of organisms with each other and with abiotic components of their environment.
- Environmental science - Environmental science is an interdisciplinary academic field that integrates physical, biological and information sciences including ecology, biology, physics, chemistry, plant science, zoology, mineralogy, oceanology, limnology, soil science, geology and physical geography, and atmospheric...
- Environmental studies - Environmental studies is a multidisciplinary academic field which systematically studies human interaction with the environment in the interests of solving complex problems.
- Human geography - Human geography is the branch of geography that deals with the study of people and their communities, cultures, economies, and interactions with the environment by studying their relations with and across space and place.
- Branches of geography
- Earth sciences
- Series Virtual Geography Department Project www
Series of online courses in geography including slide shows. Virtual Geography Department Project.
- Website Iowa Geological Survey Bureau, USA www
Website of the Geological Survey Bureau of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Geological Survey Bureau, USA, including a Geologic Sample Database (GEOSAM)with geologic information for 35,000 locations in Iowa. Iowa Geological Survey Bureau, USA.
- Includes USGS -- Water Resources of the United States www
Includes information on water use, Water Resources of the United States, with both historical and current data. USGS -- Water Resources of the United States.
- Provides USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service www
Provides links to conservation service offices in Fort Worth, Resources Conservation Service, Texas. USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service.
- Maps Color Landform Atlas of the United States www
Maps include satellite information, Landform Atlas of the United States, 1895 state maps, and links to outside resources. Color Landform Atlas of the United States.
- Guide Physical Geography Net Links www
Guide to many physical geography resources. Physical Geography Net Links.
- Map Maps and Geography www
Map machine of National Geographic Maps and Geography.
- The USGS Global Change Research Program www
The U. Global Change Research Program.S. Geological Survey's Global Change Research Program is an international source for ground-based and remotely sensed earth science data and information used by global change researchers and contributing to assessments of the potential effects of global change on society. USGS Global Change Research Program.
- A NASA's Global Change Master Directory www
A comprehensive directory of information about Earth science data, Global Change Master Directory, including a broad coverage of the oceans, atmosphere, hydrosphere, solid earth, biosphere and human dimensions of global change. NASA's Global Change Master Directory.
- A Physical Geography on the Internet. www
A wide choice of links to sites dealing with earth surface features including natural hazards. Physical Geography on the Internet..
- A Soil and Water Conservation Society www
A non-profit, and Water Conservation Society, scientific and educational organization of professional conservationists. Soil and Water Conservation Society.
- Formed Biogeography Specialty Group www
Formed to promote interaction among biogeographers, Specialty Group, stimulate active research and teaching development in biogeography and facilitate the exchange of ideas. Biogeography Specialty Group.
- Lectures Biogeography www
Lectures notes on Biogeography by David A. Biogeography. Fitch of New York University. Biogeography.
- Contains Geo-Glossary Online www
Contains equivalent geological and geographical terms in four languages (German, Online, English, Norwegian and Dutch). Geo-Glossary Online.
- NASA E-Theater www
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, E-Theater, Visualization Analysis Lab, E-Theater offers presentations of the latest Earth Science Discoveries on a portable large format, or IMAX screen. E-Theater.
- Short Ecology Tutorial www
Short introduction to the science of ecology, Tutorial, including terminology. Ecology Tutorial.
- Archives Ecolog-L www
Archives and subscription management for the Ecological Society of America's e-mail group for ecology news, Ecolog-L, jobs postings, and discussion. Ecolog-L.
- General Geological Society www
General geology portal site, Society, including links, products, and a discussion forum for professionals and students. Geological Society.
- Geologic Geoscapes Photography www
Geologic and natural history landscape photography of the western United States and Pacific islands. Geoscapes Photography.
- Interpolation Art of Surface Interpolation www
Interpolation of surfaces using a new approximation method called ABOS, Surface Interpolation, which produces surfaces comparable to surfaces created by Kriging or minimum curvature method. By Miroslav Dressler, Ph.D. Art of Surface Interpolation.
- Overview Wikipedia: Geomatics www
Overview of disciplines, Geomatics, applications and related links maintained by public contributions. Wikipedia: Geomatics.
- Electronic The Virtual Geomorphology www
Electronic textbook assembled from links to on-line resources. Virtual Geomorphology. Languages: English, Polish. The Virtual Geomorphology.
- Information Geomorphology Home Page, University of Virginia www
Information and research on fluvial geomorphology and landform evolution on Mars. Geomorphology Home Page, University of Virginia.
- Mapping US Census Bureau Geography www
Mapping products and services, Census Bureau Geography, as well as geography resources used to compile the US Census. US Census Bureau Geography.
- Links GIS and Mapping Links www
Links to Geography, and Mapping Links, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Mapping sites on the internet. All links are verified every month. GIS and Mapping Links.
- Alexa: Physical Geography Geography
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Physical Geography Geography
- DMOZ: Physical Geography Geography
dmoz.org Directory: Physical Geography Geography