Physical Geography is the holistic study of the Earth's natural systems and cycles. It includes the study of the interrelationships among landforms, soil, vegetation, water (the oceans), and the climate. Physical Geography Geography Social Sciences Science.
Physical geography (also known as geosystems or physiography ) is one of the two major sub-fields of geography. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Physical geography is one of the two major sub-fields of geography. Physical geography is that branch of natural science which deals with the study of processes and patterns in the natural environment like the atmosphere, hydrosphere, biosphere, and geosphere, as opposed to the cultural or built environment, the domain of human geography.
- Physical geography Category
- Atmosphere of Earth - The atmosphere of Earth is the layer of gases, commonly known as air, that surrounds the planet Earth and is retained by Earth's gravity.
- Earth system science - Earth system science is the application of systems science to the Earth sciences.
- Ecology - Ecology is the scientific analysis and study of interactions among organisms and their environment. It is an interdisciplinary field that includes biology, geography, and Earth science.
- Environmental science - Environmental science is an interdisciplinary academic field that integrates physical, biological and information sciences to the study of the environment, and the solution of environmental problems.
- Environmental studies - Environmental studies is a multidisciplinary academic field which systematically studies human interaction with the environment in the interests of solving complex problems.
- Human geography - Human geography is the branch of geography that deals with the study of people and their communities, cultures, economies, and interactions with the environment by studying their relations with and across space and place.
- Branches of geography
- Earth sciences
- Series Virtual Geography Department Project www
Series of online courses in geography including slide shows. Virtual Geography Department Project.
- Map Maps and Geography www
Map machine of National Geographic Maps and Geography.
- Includes USGS -- Water Resources of the United States www
Includes information on water use, Water Resources of the United States, with both historical and current data. USGS -- Water Resources of the United States.
- The USGS Global Change Research Program www
The U. Global Change Research Program.S. Geological Survey's Global Change Research Program is an international source for ground-based and remotely sensed earth science data and information used by global change researchers and contributing to assessments of the potential effects of global change on society. USGS Global Change Research Program.
- Website Iowa Geological Survey Bureau, USA www
Website of the Geological Survey Bureau of the Iowa Department of Natural Resources, Geological Survey Bureau, USA, including a Geologic Sample Database (GEOSAM)with geologic information for 35,000 locations in Iowa. Iowa Geological Survey Bureau, USA.
- A Soil and Water Conservation Society www
A non-profit, and Water Conservation Society, scientific and educational organization of professional conservationists. Soil and Water Conservation Society.
- Maps Color Landform Atlas of the United States www
Maps include satellite information, Landform Atlas of the United States, 1895 state maps, and links to outside resources. Color Landform Atlas of the United States.
- Provides USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service www
Provides links to conservation service offices in Fort Worth, Resources Conservation Service, Texas. USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service.
- A Physical Geography on the Internet. www
A wide choice of links to sites dealing with earth surface features including natural hazards. Physical Geography on the Internet..
- Guide Physical Geography Net Links www
Guide to many physical geography resources. Physical Geography Net Links.
- A NASA's Global Change Master Directory www
A comprehensive directory of information about Earth science data, Global Change Master Directory, including a broad coverage of the oceans, atmosphere, hydrosphere, solid earth, biosphere and human dimensions of global change. NASA's Global Change Master Directory.
- A Early Classics in Biogeography, Distribution, and Diversity Studies: To 1950 www
A bibliography of historical sources in biogeography and related fields, Classics in Biogeography, Distribution, and Diversity Studies: To 1950, with links to biographical information and the full text of many of the sources. Early Classics in Biogeography, Distribution, and Diversity Studies: To 1950.
- Formed Biogeography Specialty Group www
Formed to promote interaction among biogeographers, Specialty Group, stimulate active research and teaching development in biogeography and facilitate the exchange of ideas. Biogeography Specialty Group.
- Scope National Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources www
Scope includes atmospheric sciences, Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources, climate, oceanography, solid-earth sciences, radioactive waste management, polar research, environmental science and toxicology, natural disasters, and water science. Commission reports cover scientific/technical aspects of public policy issues in these areas. National Research Council (U.S.) Commission on Geosciences, Environment, and Resources.
- NASA E-Theater www
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, E-Theater, Visualization Analysis Lab, E-Theater offers presentations of the latest Earth Science Discoveries on a portable large format, or IMAX screen. E-Theater.
- Archives Ecolog-L www
Archives and subscription management for the Ecological Society of America's e-mail group for ecology news, Ecolog-L, jobs postings, and discussion. Ecolog-L.
- Short Ecology Tutorial www
Short introduction to the science of ecology, Tutorial, including terminology. Ecology Tutorial.
- Geologic Geoscapes Photography www
Geologic and natural history landscape photography of the western United States and Pacific islands. Geoscapes Photography.
- Illustrated Geography Site: Physical Geography www
Illustrated descriptions and explanations of earthquakes, Site: Physical Geography, plate tectonics, glaciers and glacial landforms, and volcanoes and volcanic deposits, intended for students up to age 16, but suitable for a wider audience. Geography Site: Physical Geography.
- Project Moland - Monitoring Land Use / Cover Dynamics www
Moland - Monitoring Land Use / Cover Dynamics.
- Articles, Institute of Mathematical Geography www
Articles, Mathematical Geography, papers and Solstice, an electronic journal of the interaction between geography and mathematics. Institute of Mathematical Geography.
- USGS Deserts: Geology and Resources www
USGS online book, Geology and Resources, written for a general audience. Covers desert climates, desert landforms, sand dunes and aeolian processes, evaporite mineral deposits, and related topics. Deserts: Geology and Resources.
- Investigation Carolina Bays www
Investigation into the possible origin of these enigmatic wetland depressions scattered across the Eastern U. Bays.S. coastal plain from southern New Jersey to northern Florida. Carolina Bays.
- Worldwide Administrative Divisions of Countries ("Statoids") www
Worldwide reference for states, Divisions of Countries ("Statoids"), provinces, governorates, counties, districts, and other subdivisions of countries. Administrative Divisions of Countries ("Statoids").
- The The Degree Confluence Project www
The Degree Confluence Project contains photographs of the intersections of integer latitude and longitude degree lines. The Degree Confluence Project.
- Alexa: Physical Geography Geography
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Physical Geography Geography
- DMOZ: Physical Geography Geography
dmoz.org Directory: Physical Geography Geography