Open to English-language sites relating to Linguistics, the study of human languages. Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
Linguistics is the scientific study of language, specifically language form, language meaning, and language in context. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Linguistics is the scientific study of language, and involves an analysis of language form, language meaning, and language in context. The earliest activities in the documentation and description of language have been attributed to the 4th century BCE Indian grammarian P??ini, who wrote a formal description of the Sanskrit language in his '.
- Linguistics Category
- Anthroponymy - Anthroponomastics is the study of the names of human beings. The study of anthroponyms is a branch of onomastics. Linguists and researchers in many other fields take part in anthroponymic studies, including anthropologists, historians, political geographers and genealogists.
- Articulatory phonology - Articulatory phonology is a linguistic theory originally proposed in 1986 by Catherine Browman of Haskins Laboratories and Louis M. Goldstein of Yale University and Haskins.
- Articulatory synthesis - Articulatory synthesis refers to computational techniques for synthesizing speech based on models of the human vocal tract and the articulation processes occurring there.
- Asemic writing - Asemic writing is a wordless open semantic form of writing. The word asemic means "having no specific semantic content," or "without the smallest unit of meaning." With the non-specificity of asemic writing there comes a vacuum of meaning, which is left for the reader to fill in and interpret.
- Axiom of categoricity - The axiom of categoricity is a term coined by J. K. Chambers in 1995 to refer to the once-widespread tenet of linguistic theory that in order to properly study language, linguistic data should be removed or abstracted from all real-world context so as to be free of any inconsistencies or...
- Biosemiotics - Biosemiotics is a field of semiotics and biology that studies the prelinguistic meaning-making, or production and interpretation of signs and codes in the biological realm.
- Cognitive science
- The Linguist List www
Web site for the mailing list: professional communication and networking for the world-wide community of linguists. Linguist List.
- Annotated Binnick's Linguistic Bibliography www
Annotated bibliography of tense, Linguistic Bibliography, verbal aspect, aktionsart and related areas. Binnick's Linguistic Bibliography.
- Interdisciplinary, The Linguistics Project www
Interdisciplinary, Linguistics Project, international, internet-community on language and linguistics. The Linguistics Project.
- Essays Language and Linguistics www
Essays on language and linguistics and links to related materials. Language and Linguistics.
- Specializes Maledicta Press www
Specializes in negatively-valued words and expressions from all languages and cultures, Press, focussing on the origin, etymology, meaning, use and influence of verbal aggression and abuse of any kind. Maledicta Press.
- Listings Stewardship Project www
Listings of international geographical names, Project, orthography and transcription with commentaries on language. Stewardship Project.
- Weblog Language Log www
Weblog run by University of Pennsylvania phonetician Mark Liberman, Log, with multiple guest linguists. Language Log.
- News Blogos www
News and opinion articles on sociolinguistics, Blogos, bilingualism, translation, technology, and other aspects of linguistics. Blogos.
- Sharing Linguistic Data Consortium www
Sharing of linguistic data, Data Consortium, tools and standards resources. Linguistic Data Consortium.
- Answers The sci.lang FAQ www
Answers to frequently asked questions about dialects, sci.lang FAQ, languages and their relationships, linguistics, and phonetic systems. The sci.lang FAQ.
- Searchable Lexicon of Linguistics www
Searchable database of linguistic terminology updated with new terms in the areas of Generative Grammar (Minimalism) and Phonetics. Linguistics. Includes bibliography. Lexicon of Linguistics.
- An Applied Linguistics www
An information source on the field of applied linguistics in general. Linguistics. Provides information on the leading applied linguistics journals and programs in the world, and aims to be a meeting spot for applied linguists and applied linguistics students. Applied Linguistics.
- Provides Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics www
Provides training and research opportunities in such areas as linguistics, Institute of Applied Linguistics, language and culture learning, language assessment and development, literacy and Bible translation, and to equip students with the skills to train and serve others. Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics.
- Discusses Bilingualism's Brain Benefits www
Discusses various scientific aspects about the benefits of being bilingual. Brain Benefits. Issues discussed range from focus, memory, and genetic predisposition to languages. Bilingualism's Brain Benefits.
- A Bilingual Memory www
A re-revised version of the hierarchical model of bilingual memory Bilingual Memory.
- The Studying Language Typology by Means of Corpora www
The use of corpora in the study of Old English. Studying Language Typology by Means of Corpora.
- A SIGGEN: ACL Special Interest Group on Natural Language Generation www
A subgroup of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) which aims to provide a forum for the discussion, ACL Special Interest Group on Natural Language Generation, dissemination and archiving of research topics and results in the field of text generation. SIGGEN: ACL Special Interest Group on Natural Language Generation.
- A Global Wordnet Association www
A society dedicated to the collection and standardization of wordnets, Wordnet Association, corpora, and other basic language processing tools. List of current and pending wordnets. Global Wordnet Association.
- Development CALL for Japanese Writing www
Development of computer assisted language learning system for Japanese writing using natural language processing techniques. CALL for Japanese Writing.
- Provides Integration of the Internet into Language Teaching www
Provides information for junior high school teachers in China who teach English as a foreign language. the Internet into Language Teaching. Includes information on the Communicative Language Teaching approach, materials, use of the Internet and activities. Integration of the Internet into Language Teaching.
- Provides Linguistics Conferences - Acceptance Rates www
Provides a list of general and area-specific refereed linguistics conferences and their acceptance rates. Conferences - Acceptance Rates. Areas covered include syntax, phonology, semantics, and first and second language acquisition. Linguistics Conferences - Acceptance Rates.
- A Cascadilla Proceedings Project www
A web model created specifically for proceedings of linguistics conferences and workshops. Proceedings Project. Proceedings are available both in print and on the web. Web access is free and unrestricted. Cascadilla Proceedings Project.
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Alexa: Linguistics Social Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Linguistics Social Sciences
- DMOZ: Linguistics Social Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Linguistics Social Sciences