Applied Linguistics Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
Applied linguistics is an interdisciplinary field of linguistics that identifies, investigates, and offers solutions to language-related real-life problems. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Applied linguistics is an interdisciplinary field of linguistics which identifies, investigates, and offers solutions to language-related real-life problems. Some of the academic fields related to applied linguistics are education, psychology, communication research, anthropology, and sociology.
- Applied linguistics Category
- Applied disciplines
- Center for Applied Linguistics www
CAL carries out a wide range of activities including research, for Applied Linguistics, teacher education, analysis and dissemination of information, design and development of instructional materials, technical assistance, conference planning, program evaluation, and policy analysis.
- Refereed Issues in Applied Linguistics www
Refereed journal managed, Applied Linguistics, edited and published by graduate students of the UCLA Department of Issues in Applied Linguistics.
- Provides Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics www
Provides training and research opportunities in such areas as linguistics, Institute of Applied Linguistics, language and culture learning, language assessment and development, literacy and Bible translation, and to equip students with the skills to train and serve others. Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics.
- An Linguistics Forum www
An academic but informal linguistics forum. Forum. Covers syntax, semantics, morphology, phonology, first and second language acquisition, sociolinguistics, and other theoretical and applied areas of linguistics. Linguistics Forum.
- An Applied Linguistics www
An information source on the field of applied linguistics in general. Linguistics. Provides information on the leading applied linguistics journals and programs in the world, and aims to be a meeting spot for applied linguists and applied linguistics students. Applied Linguistics.
- Information American Association for Applied Linguistics www
Information on the executive committee, Association for Applied Linguistics, application for membership, awards, job register, and upcoming conferences. American Association for Applied Linguistics.
- Includes Applied Linguistics Association of Korea www
Includes newsletter, Linguistics Association of Korea, conference information, downloadable journal. Applied Linguistics Association of Korea.
- A Bilingual Memory www
A re-revised version of the hierarchical model of bilingual memory Bilingual Memory.
- Discusses Bilingualism's Brain Benefits www
Discusses various scientific aspects about the benefits of being bilingual. Brain Benefits. Issues discussed range from focus, memory, and genetic predisposition to languages. Bilingualism's Brain Benefits.
- A The Iowa Workshop on Interfaces in Language Acquisition www
A workshop to discuss current issues on the interfaces between phonology and syntax, Iowa Workshop on Interfaces in Language Acquisition, syntax and semantics, syntax and discourse, syntax and the lexicon and their first and second language acquisition. Lydia White is the keynote speaker, and the following are the plenary speakers: Jürgen Bohnemeyer, Alison Gabriele, Andrea Gualmini, Silvina Montrul, Anna Papafragou, Bonnie Schwartz, and Maria Luisa Zubizarreta. The Iowa Workshop on Interfaces in Language Acquisition.
- Call Second Language Research Forum (SLRF) 2008 www
Call for proposals, Language Research Forum (SLRF) 2008, registration and program. Second Language Research Forum (SLRF) 2008.
- Article Interpretation and Indeterminancy in Discourse Analysis www
Article by Steven Hoenisch. Interpretation and Indeterminancy in Discourse Analysis.
- Article Wittgenstein/Styles/Pedagogy www
- Draft Language Acquisition www
Draft version of a paper on this subject by Steven Pinker. Language Acquisition.
- Journal Studies in Second Language Acquisition www
Journal published by Cambridge University Press. Second Language Acquisition. Includes online indices and information for submitters and subscribers. Studies in Second Language Acquisition.
- The University of Sydney: Programs in Applied Linguistics and Cross Cultural Communication www
The Department of Linguistics at the University of Sydney was the first established program in Linguistics in Australia. Sydney: Programs in Applied Linguistics and Cross Cultural Communication. The program builds on SFL as well as formal linguistic theories and provides training with a focus on application, pedagogy, and research. University of Sydney: Programs in Applied Linguistics and Cross Cultural Communication.
- Offers University of Connecticut: Language Acquisition www
Offers MA and PhD in language acquisition. University of Connecticut: Language Acquisition.
- Listings Stewardship Project www
Listings of international geographical names, Project, orthography and transcription with commentaries on language. Stewardship Project.
- Essays Language and Linguistics www
Essays on language and linguistics and links to related materials. Language and Linguistics.
- Alexa: Applied Linguistics Linguistics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Applied Linguistics Linguistics
- DMOZ: Applied Linguistics Linguistics
dmoz.org Directory: Applied Linguistics Linguistics