Academic studies of the learning and acquisition of first and second languages. Language Acquisition Applied Linguistics Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
Language acquisition is the process by which humans acquire the capacity to perceive and comprehend language, as well as to produce and use words and sentences to communicate. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Language acquisition is the process by which humans acquire the capacity to perceive and comprehend language, as well as to produce and use words and sentences to communicate. Language acquisition is one of the quintessential human traits, because non-humans do not communicate by using language. Language acquisition usually refers to first-language acquisition, which studies infants' acquisition of their native language. This is distinguished from second-language acquisition, which deals with the acquisition of additional languages. In addition to speech, reading and writing a language with an entirely different script compounds the complexities of true foreign language literacy.
- Language acquisition Category
- Chunking - In cognitive psychology, chunking is a process by which individual pieces of information are bound together into a meaningful whole.
- Creole language - A creole language, or simply creole, is a stable natural language developed from a mixture of different languages at a fairly sudden point in time: often, a pidgin transitioned into a full, native language.
- Evolutionary linguistics - Evolutionary linguistics is a subfield of psycholinguistics that studies the psychosocial and cultural factors involved in the origin of language and the development of linguistic universals.
- Evolutionary psychology of language - Evolutionary psychology of language is the study of the evolutionary history of language as a psychological faculty within the discipline of evolutionary psychology. It makes the assumption that language is the result of a Darwinian adaptation.
- Fis phenomenon - Fis phenomenon is a phenomenon of child language acquisition that demonstrates that perception of phonemes occurs earlier than the ability of the child to produce those phonemes.
- FOXP2 - Forkhead box protein P2 is a protein that, in humans, is encoded by the FOXP2 gene, also known as CAGH44, SPCH1 or TNRC10, and is required for proper development of speech and language. The gene is shared with many vertebrates, where it generally plays a role in communication.
- Applied linguistics
- A Language Acquisition - Wikipedia www
A useful brief overview of some of the current theories of language acquisition, Acquisition - Wikipedia, with references to Chomsky, Lenneberg and the evidence from feral children such as Genie. Language Acquisition - Wikipedia.
- Journal Studies in Second Language Acquisition www
Journal published by Cambridge University Press. Second Language Acquisition. Includes online indices and information for submitters and subscribers. Studies in Second Language Acquisition.
- Supports Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition-University of Minnesota. www
Supports a number of coordinated programs of research, for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition-University of Minnesota., training, development, and dissemination of information related to second language teaching, learning and assessment. Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition-University of Minnesota..
- Organization Association for Language Learning www
Organization representing teachers of all languages in the United Kingdom. for Language Learning. Includes news, publications, membership information. Association for Language Learning.
- An TESOL Certification www
An information guide on TESOL, Certification, TEFL, and TESL degree and certification programs in North America. Also provides a list of leading TESOL programs at the BA, MA, and PhD levels. TESOL Certification.
- Teachers TESOL - Official Page www
Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages, Official Page, Inc. (TESOL) is a professional association with a mission to ensure excellence in English language teaching to speakers of other languages. It has more than 13,500 members in over 140 countries. TESOL - Official Page.
- Aims Language Revival: Preventing and Reversing Heritage Language Decline and Loss www
Aims to help people revive and/or re-acquire declining heritage languages. Revival: Preventing and Reversing Heritage Language Decline and Loss. Educational, linguistic, and film/video resources help heritage communities and groups reverse language loss and achieve cultural continuity. Language Revival: Preventing and Reversing Heritage Language Decline and Loss.
- Applied Hayo Reinders www
Applied linguist offering various resources related to the noticing hypothesis, Reinders, learner autonomy and Computer Assisted Language Learning. Hayo Reinders.
- Draft Language Acquisition www
Draft version of a paper on this subject by Steven Pinker. Language Acquisition.
- A Second Language Acquisition Bibliography www
A list of scholarly writings arranged by subtopic, Language Acquisition Bibliography, maintained by Vivian Cook. Second Language Acquisition Bibliography.
- Home Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics www
Home page of the research institute in Nijmegen. Max Planck Institute for Psycholinguistics.
- Information MSU Psycholinguistics and Visual Cognition Laboratory www
Information on current projects, Psycholinguistics and Visual Cognition Laboratory, publications, graduate training, colloquia. Department of Psychology, Michigan State University. MSU Psycholinguistics and Visual Cognition Laboratory.
- An Linguistics Forum www
An academic but informal linguistics forum. Forum. Covers syntax, semantics, morphology, phonology, first and second language acquisition, sociolinguistics, and other theoretical and applied areas of linguistics. Linguistics Forum.
- CAL Center for Applied Linguistics www
CAL carries out a wide range of activities including research, for Applied Linguistics, teacher education, analysis and dissemination of information, design and development of instructional materials, technical assistance, conference planning, program evaluation, and policy analysis. Center for Applied Linguistics.
- Alexa: Language Acquisition Applied Linguistics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Language Acquisition Applied Linguistics
- DMOZ: Language Acquisition Applied Linguistics
dmoz.org Directory: Language Acquisition Applied Linguistics