Bilingualism is a subtopic within the study of Linguistics (the study of languages and its use). Specifically, it is the study of people who speak two languages. Common phenomena that occur for bilinguals is code switching, forming language mixtures, and dual identity. Bilingualism Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
Multilingualism is the use of two or more languages, either by an individual speaker or by a community of speakers. (wikipedia)
- Bilingualism The use of more than one language, either by an individual speaker or by a community of...
- Bilingualism (neurology) The representation and effects of different language systems in the brain.
- Bilingualism: Language and Cognition A quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal of linguistics focusing on the study of...
- Bilingual Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Bilingual'.
- A Bilingual Memory www
A re-revised version of the hierarchical model of bilingual memory Bilingual Memory.
- Discusses Bilingualism's Brain Benefits www
Discusses various scientific aspects about the benefits of being bilingual. Brain Benefits. Issues discussed range from focus, memory, and genetic predisposition to languages. Bilingualism's Brain Benefits.
- Provides Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics www
Provides training and research opportunities in such areas as linguistics, Institute of Applied Linguistics, language and culture learning, language assessment and development, literacy and Bible translation, and to equip students with the skills to train and serve others. Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics.
- An Linguistics Forum www
An academic but informal linguistics forum. Forum. Covers syntax, semantics, morphology, phonology, first and second language acquisition, sociolinguistics, and other theoretical and applied areas of linguistics. Linguistics Forum.
- The SEDL - Language and Diversity Program www
The research activities of the Southwest Educational Development Laboratory. Language and Diversity Program. Program models for the education of immigrant children and second-language learners. SEDL - Language and Diversity Program.
- An Teaching Indigenous Languages www
An online text which examines the social and linguistic implications of teaching indigenous languages in public schools. Teaching Indigenous Languages.
- Article Rethinking conversational code-switching: codes, speech varieties, and contextualization www
Article on the purposes and varieties of code switching by Celso Alvarez Caccamo. conversational code-switching: codes, speech varieties, and contextualization. Also available in PDF format. Rethinking conversational code-switching: codes, speech varieties, and contextualization.
- Searchable Codeswitching Bibliography www
Searchable bibliography database of books and articles about codeswitching. Codeswitching Bibliography.
- In Andrew Freeman's Perspectives on Arabic Diglossia www
In an article on this subject, Freeman's Perspectives on Arabic Diglossia, Andrew explains that diglossic speech communities have a High variety that is very prestigious and a Low variety with no official status which are in complementary distribution with each other. Andrew Freeman's Perspectives on Arabic Diglossia.
- Weblog Language Log www
Weblog run by University of Pennsylvania phonetician Mark Liberman, Log, with multiple guest linguists. Language Log.
- Annotated Binnick's Linguistic Bibliography www
Annotated bibliography of tense, Linguistic Bibliography, verbal aspect, aktionsart and related areas. Binnick's Linguistic Bibliography.
- Alexa: Bilingualism Linguistics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Bilingualism Linguistics
- DMOZ: Bilingualism Linguistics
dmoz.org Directory: Bilingualism Linguistics