Bilingualism is a subtopic within the study of Linguistics (the study of languages and its use). Specifically, it is the study of people who speak two languages. Common phenomena that occur for bilinguals is code switching, forming language mixtures, and dual identity. Bilingualism Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
Multilingualism is the use of two or more languages, either by an individual speaker or by a community of speakers. (wikipedia)
- Bilingualism The use of more than one language, either by an individual speaker or by a community of...
- Bilingualism (neurology) The representation and effects of different language systems in the brain.
- Bilingualism: Language and Cognition A quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal of linguistics focusing on the study of...
- Bilingual Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Bilingual'.
- A Bilingual Memory www
A re-revised version of the hierarchical model of bilingual memory Bilingual Memory.
- Discusses Bilingualism's Brain Benefits www
Discusses various scientific aspects about the benefits of being bilingual. Brain Benefits. Issues discussed range from focus, memory, and genetic predisposition to languages. Bilingualism's Brain Benefits.
- Provides Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics www
Provides training and research opportunities in such areas as linguistics, Institute of Applied Linguistics, language and culture learning, language assessment and development, literacy and Bible translation, and to equip students with the skills to train and serve others. Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics.
- Refereed Issues in Applied Linguistics www
Refereed journal managed, Applied Linguistics, edited and published by graduate students of the UCLA Department of Issues in Applied Linguistics.
- Diane Educating Language-Minority Children www
Diane August and Kenji Hakuta, Language-Minority Children, Editors. A review of the current knowledge about the education of limited-English proficient students. Educating Language-Minority Children.
- Handouts Language Policy: Bilingualism and Intelligence www
Handouts for a Language Policy college course. Policy: Bilingualism and Intelligence. Somewhat cryptic, but a good introduction or review. Language Policy: Bilingualism and Intelligence.
- A Review: Code-Mixing and Code Choice: A Hong Kong Case Study www
A review of the book by John Gibbons. Review: Code-Mixing and Code Choice: A Hong Kong Case Study.
- Unmoderated Code Switching eGroup www
Unmoderated e-mail list for the discussion of alternation of linguistic varieties, Switching eGroup, bilingual conversation and related phenomena. Requires free registration. Code Switching eGroup.
- In Andrew Freeman's Perspectives on Arabic Diglossia www
In an article on this subject, Freeman's Perspectives on Arabic Diglossia, Andrew explains that diglossic speech communities have a High variety that is very prestigious and a Low variety with no official status which are in complementary distribution with each other. Andrew Freeman's Perspectives on Arabic Diglossia.
- Listings Stewardship Project www
Listings of international geographical names, Project, orthography and transcription with commentaries on language. Stewardship Project.
- News Blogos www
News and opinion articles on sociolinguistics, Blogos, bilingualism, translation, technology, and other aspects of linguistics. Blogos.
- Alexa: Bilingualism Linguistics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Bilingualism Linguistics
- DMOZ: Bilingualism Linguistics
dmoz.org Directory: Bilingualism Linguistics