Bilingual Education Bilingualism Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
Dual Immersion classrooms encourage students but with the permission it may be enthustiactic &' native language development, making an important contribution to heritage language maintenance and allows language minority students to remain in classrooms with their native English-speaking peers, resulting in linguistic and sociocultural advantages (Christian, 1996b). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Bilingual education involves teaching academic content in two languages, in a native and secondary language with varying amounts of each language used in accordance with the program model.
- Bilingual education Category
- English as a foreign or second language - English as a second or foreign language is the use of English by speakers with different native languages.
- Intercultural bilingual education - Intercultural Bilingual Education ' is a language-planning model employed throughout Latin America in public education, and it arose as a political movement asserting space for indigenous languages and culture in the education system.
- Multilingual Education - Multilingual Education typically refers to "first-language-first" education, that is, schooling which begins in the mother tongue and transitions to additional languages.
- National Association for Bilingual Education - The National Association for Bilingual Education is an American advocacy group that provides teacher training, educational leadership, and lobbying efforts on behalf of legislation regarding individuals learning English as a second language.
- Secondary Level English Proficiency test - The Secondary Level English Proficiency Test was a test created by ETS and administered by American middle and high schools to applicants whose first language is not English.
- Bimodal bilingualism - Bimodal bilingualism refers to an individual or community's bilingual competency in at least one oral language and at least one sign language?oral and sign are the modes to which "bimodal" refers.
- Education by subject
- Linguistic rights
- UCSC CREDE Research on Bilingual Education www
UCSC Researchers find all students benefit from strong cognitive and academic instruction conducted in their first language CREDE Research on Bilingual Education.
- Diane Educating Language-Minority Children www
Diane August and Kenji Hakuta, Language-Minority Children, Editors. A review of the current knowledge about the education of limited-English proficient students. Educating Language-Minority Children.
- Outlines Improving Schooling for Language-Minority Children www
Outlines the research needs in the area of instruction of limited-English proficient students. Improving Schooling for Language-Minority Children.
- The SEDL - Language and Diversity Program www
The research activities of the Southwest Educational Development Laboratory. Language and Diversity Program. Program models for the education of immigrant children and second-language learners. SEDL - Language and Diversity Program.
- An Teaching Indigenous Languages www
An online text which examines the social and linguistic implications of teaching indigenous languages in public schools. Teaching Indigenous Languages.
- Handouts Language Policy: Bilingualism and Intelligence www
Handouts for a Language Policy college course. Policy: Bilingualism and Intelligence. Somewhat cryptic, but a good introduction or review. Language Policy: Bilingualism and Intelligence.
- The National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition and Language Instruction Educational Programs (NCELA) www
The Clearinghouse is funded by OELA to collect, Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition and Language Instruction Educational Programs (NCELA), analyze, and disseminate information relating to the effective education of linguistically and culturally diverse learners in the nation. Publications, newsletters and resources are featured. National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition and Language Instruction Educational Programs (NCELA).
- An Cummins & Genzuk Report www
An analysis of longitudinal study of structured English immersion and early exit and late-exit transitional bilingual education programs for language-minority children. Cummins & Genzuk Report.
- This International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism www
This new journal aims to spread international developments, Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism, initiatives, ideas and research on bilingualism and bilingual education, and to ensure collaboration between different continents, allowing rapid access to up-to-date information in an easily digestible form. International Journal of Bilingual Education and Bilingualism.
- Electronic Numbers & Needs: Ethnic and Linguistic Minorities in the United States www
Electronic newsletter published on the CBER web site every two months. Numbers & Needs: Ethnic and Linguistic Minorities in the United States.
- By Native Esperanto as a Test Case for Natural Language www
By Juoko Lindstedt. Native Esperanto as a Test Case for Natural Language.
- Basic Native Esperanto speakers www
Basic information on the phenomenon of Esperanto speaking children. Esperanto speakers. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. Native Esperanto speakers.
- Part BUENO Center for Multicultural Education www
Part of the School of Education at the University of Colorado at Boulder. BUENO Center for Multicultural Education.
- CREDE's Center for Research on Education, Diversity and Excellence www
CREDE's mission is to assist the nation's diverse students at risk of educational failure to achieve academic excellence. Center for Research on Education, Diversity and Excellence.
- Discusses Bilingualism's Brain Benefits www
Discusses various scientific aspects about the benefits of being bilingual. Brain Benefits. Issues discussed range from focus, memory, and genetic predisposition to languages. Bilingualism's Brain Benefits.
- A Bilingual Memory www
A re-revised version of the hierarchical model of bilingual memory Bilingual Memory.
- Alexa: Bilingual Education Bilingualism
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Bilingual Education Bilingualism
- DMOZ: Bilingual Education Bilingualism
dmoz.org Directory: Bilingual Education Bilingualism