Computational linguistics research integrates research work from the field of linguistics with research in computer science. Work in this field informs and supports the general development of language technologies such as machine translation and parsing. Computational Linguistics Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
Traditionally, computational linguistics was performed by computer scientists who had specialized in the application of computers to the processing of a natural language. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Computational linguistics is an interdisciplinary field concerned with the statistical or rule-based modeling of natural language from a computational perspective, as well as the study of appropriate computational approaches to linguistic questions.
- Computational linguistics Category
- Artificial intelligence in fiction - Artificial intelligence is a common topic of science fiction. Science fiction sometimes emphasizes the dangers of artificial intelligence, and sometimes its positive potential.
- Collostructional analysis - Collostructional analysis is a family of methods developed by Stefan Th. Gries and Anatol Stefanowitsch.
- Computational lexicology - Computational lexicology is a branch of computational linguistics, which is concerned with the use of computers in the study of lexicon. It has been more narrowly described by some scholars as the use of computers in the study of machine-readable dictionaries.
- Computational Linguistics (journal) - Computational Linguistics is a peer-reviewed academic journal in the field of computational linguistics. It is published quarterly by MIT Press for the Association for Computational Linguistics. The journal includes articles, squibs and book reviews.
- Computational science - Computational science is a rapidly growing multidisciplinary field that uses advanced computing capabilities to understand and solve complex problems.
- Computational semantics - Computational semantics is the study of how to automate the process of constructing and reasoning with meaning representations of natural language expressions. It consequently plays an important role in natural language processing and computational linguistics.
- Formal sciences
- Computational fields of study
- Applied linguistics
- Cognitive science
- Computational Linguistics FAQ www
Frequently asked questions about Computational Linguistics, Linguistics FAQ, intended for people not familiar with this field. Originally compiled by Martin Volk, now part of the ACL Wiki.
- What is Computational Linguistics www
A concise introduction to the field, Computational Linguistics, by Hans Uszkoreit.
- Statistical NLP and Corpus-Based Computational Linguistics Resources www
Chris Manning's annotated list of resources in the field of statistical natural language processing and the closely related corpus-based computational linguistics. NLP and Corpus-Based Computational Linguistics Resources. Corpora, treebanks, models, tools/systems, literature, courses and other resources.
- List of NLP/CL courses in the ACL Wiki www
A list of university courses that contain substantial content in Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistics. NLP/CL courses in the ACL Wiki. It was derived from a survey sponsored by the Association for Computational Linguistics.
- A Computational Morphology and Phonology www
A list of online resources related to computational morphology and phonology. Computational Morphology and Phonology.
- A SIGGEN: ACL Special Interest Group on Natural Language Generation www
A subgroup of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) which aims to provide a forum for the discussion, ACL Special Interest Group on Natural Language Generation, dissemination and archiving of research topics and results in the field of text generation. SIGGEN: ACL Special Interest Group on Natural Language Generation.
- A The Computation and Language E-Print Archive www
A fully automated archive of papers in computational linguistics, Computation and Language E-Print Archive, natural language processing, speech processing etc. LaTeX sources often available. The Computation and Language E-Print Archive.
- A Global Wordnet Association www
A society dedicated to the collection and standardization of wordnets, Wordnet Association, corpora, and other basic language processing tools. List of current and pending wordnets. Global Wordnet Association.
- A SIGMORPHON: ACL Special Interest Group in Computational Morphology and Phonology www
A subgroup of the Association for Computational Linguistics which supports computer-based research in phonology and morphology. ACL Special Interest Group in Computational Morphology and Phonology. Formerly SIGPHON. SIGMORPHON: ACL Special Interest Group in Computational Morphology and Phonology.
- Stanford Jurafsky, Daniel www
Stanford University professor whose research includes machine learning, Daniel, parsing and computational psycholinguistics. Current research, syllabi, and archive of publications available. Jurafsky, Daniel.
- A WordNet Bibliography www
A comprehensive list of research publications involving the WordNet lexical database. WordNet Bibliography.
- A SIGSEM: ACL Special Interest Group on Computational Semantics www
A subgroup of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), ACL Special Interest Group on Computational Semantics, dedicated to promoting research in all aspects of computational semantics. Supports the organization of the IWCS and ICoS workshops/conferences. SIGSEM: ACL Special Interest Group on Computational Semantics.
- A EuroWordNet www
A project to compile compatible wordnets for seven European languages. EuroWordNet. Documentation, project reports, and downloadable database samples. EuroWordNet.
- A SIGMOL: ACL Special Interest Group for Mathematics of Language www
A subgroup of the Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL) which concentrates on the formal side of computational linguistics based on logic, ACL Special Interest Group for Mathematics of Language, continuous and discrete maths, and also statistics. Its biannual meetings (called MOL) usually focus on formal grammar, formal properties of languages, and model-theoretic and proof-theoretic methods in linguistics. SIGMOL: ACL Special Interest Group for Mathematics of Language.
- Current Speech Prosody at Bell Labs www
Current research on non-lexical aspects of speech and paralinguistic communication. Prosody at Bell Labs. General information, downloadable papers, and multilingual text-to-speech demo. Speech Prosody at Bell Labs.
- Brief Introduction to Computational Phonology www
Brief course on the fundamentals of this field, Computational Phonology, by Dafydd Gibbon. Includes basics of computing phonotactics and phonological parsing. Introduction to Computational Phonology.
- A SIGHAN: ACL Special Interest Group on Chinese Language Processing www
A subgroup of the Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL) which seeks to promote interest in all aspects of Chinese Language Processing (CLP), ACL Special Interest Group on Chinese Language Processing, e.g. morphological analysis and word segmentation, parsing, lexicons and semantic and pragmatic analysis, machine translation, and information retrieval and extraction. SIGHAN: ACL Special Interest Group on Chinese Language Processing.
- Downloads Morphological Parsing www
Downloads and documentation for the PC-KIMMO morphological parser, Parsing, as well as background information and research in computational morphology. Morphological Parsing.
- A Learning Computational Grammars www
A European research project which ran from 1998 to 2001, Computational Grammars, exploring the possibility of expanding computational grammars through machine learning. Publications, demos, project information. Learning Computational Grammars.
- Aims The Xtag Project www
Aims to develop a wide-coverage grammar of the English language, Xtag Project, using a lexicalized tree adjoining grammar formalism. The current version of Xtag, as well as general resources for tree adjoining grammars. The Xtag Project.
- International The Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) www
International professional society dedicated to research throughout the field of natural language processing and computational linguistics. Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL). The Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL).
- A SIGBioMed: ACL Special Interest Group on Biomedical Natural Language Processing www
A subgroup of the Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL) which aims to bring together researchers in NLP, ACL Special Interest Group on Biomedical Natural Language Processing, bioinformatics, medical informatics, and computational biology, providing a venue for the promotion and dissemination of original research in the area of Biomedical NLP (BioNLP), i.e. language processing in the biological and biomedical domain. SIGBioMed: ACL Special Interest Group on Biomedical Natural Language Processing.
- A SIGLEX: ACL Special Interest Group on the Lexicon www
A subgroup of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) which promotes research on lexical issues ranging from lexicography and the use of online dictionaries to computational lexical semantics. ACL Special Interest Group on the Lexicon. Organizes the SemEval semantic evaluations and the SENSEVAL word-sense evaluation exercises. SIGLEX: ACL Special Interest Group on the Lexicon.
- A SIGdial: ACL Special Interest Group in Discourse and Dialogue www
A subgroup of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) and of the International Speech Communication Association (ISCA). ACL Special Interest Group in Discourse and Dialogue. Supports research in the computational analysis of spoken discourse. Organizational information, events, and resources. SIGdial: ACL Special Interest Group in Discourse and Dialogue.
- A SEMITIC: ACL Special Interest Group on Computational Approaches to Semitic Languages www
A subgroup of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) which promotes interest in Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing approaches to Semitic Languages. SEMITIC: ACL Special Interest Group on Computational Approaches to Semitic Languages.
- Introductory Introduction to Language Technology Research www
Introductory information and a directory of resources in theoretical and applied computational linguistics. Introduction to Language Technology Research.
- Like WordNet Search - 3.0 www
Like a super-thesaurus, Search - 3.0, search results display semantic as well as lexical results including synonyms, hierarchical subordination, antonyms, holonyms, and entailment. With glossary. WordNet Search - 3.0.
- A ILK: Induction of Linguistic Knowledge www
A research program at Tilburg University in the Netherlands, Induction of Linguistic Knowledge, aimed at using inductive learning technology to advance both language engineering and the understanding of linguistic knowledge. Publications, downloadable software, and text analysis demos. ILK: Induction of Linguistic Knowledge.
- Organizes International Committee on Computational Linguistics www
Organizes the worldwide COLING conference. Committee on Computational Linguistics. Information on the nature of COLING, past COLING proceedings, and hosting future COLINGs. International Committee on Computational Linguistics.
- An CALL Bibliography www
An extensive list of print CALL resources. CALL Bibliography.
- A Materials Bank www
A list of language learning projects which incorporate the internet. Materials Bank.
- Programs SIGDAT Conferences and Workshops www
Programs and schedules of conferences organized by the data and corpus linguistics special interest group of the Association for Computational Linguistics. Conferences and Workshops. Includes upcoming conferences and events back to 1995. SIGDAT Conferences and Workshops.
- The 5th international Conference of the Global WordNet Association www
The GWC-2010 will be held at IIT Bombay, international Conference of the Global WordNet Association, Mumbai, India, during 31st Jan - 4th Feb, 2010. 5th international Conference of the Global WordNet Association.
- This Free online parallel corpus www
This website allows you to search online for words in Basque, online parallel corpus, Polish, English, French or Spanish, and displays results in all these languages, aligned by paragraph. Free online parallel corpus.
- The British National Corpus www
The BNC is balanced synchronic text corpus containing 100 million words annotated with parts of speech. British National Corpus.
- English-language Korea University www
English-language page for this school's program in the computational study of language. University. Includes demos, staff profiles, descriptions of current projects. Korea University.
- A TreeTagger www
A language independent part-of-speech tagger, TreeTagger, available in versions adapted to German and to English. Documentation, downloads, license information, demos. TreeTagger.
- Online Infogistics Parser/Chunker www
- NCSR (Greece) NCSR "Demokritos", Software & Knowledge Engineering Laboratory www
NCSR "DEMOKRITOS" is the biggest state-run research centre in Greece. NCSR "Demokritos", Software & Knowledge Engineering Laboratory. The Software and Knowledge Engineering Lab (SKEL) at the Institute of Informatics and Telecommunications of NCSR develops technologies that address the emerging problem of information overload exploiting techniques and tools from the areas of Language technology, Personalization, Knowledge discovery in data, Multimedia processing. (Greece) NCSR "Demokritos", Software & Knowledge Engineering Laboratory.
- The (Mexico) Natural Language Lab of the National Politechnic Institute www
The homepage of the head of this lab. Natural Language Lab of the National Politechnic Institute. Links to nearly all products of the Lab. Areas of interest are computational syntax, semantics, anaphora resolution, lexical resources. The Lab organizes an annual international conf, see www.cicling.org. (Mexico) Natural Language Lab of the National Politechnic Institute.
- Interdisciplinary, The Linguistics Project www
Interdisciplinary, Linguistics Project, international, internet-community on language and linguistics. The Linguistics Project.
- Essays Language and Linguistics www
Essays on language and linguistics and links to related materials. Language and Linguistics.
- Alexa: Computational Linguistics Linguistics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Computational Linguistics Linguistics
- DMOZ: Computational Linguistics Linguistics
dmoz.org Directory: Computational Linguistics Linguistics