Computational linguistics research integrates research work from the field of linguistics with research in computer science. Work in this field informs and supports the general development of language technologies such as machine translation and parsing. Computational Linguistics Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
Traditionally, computational linguistics was performed by computer scientists who had specialized in the application of computers to the processing of a natural language. (wikipedia)
- 2000 (Social Sciences)
- Tools (Social Sciences)
- Wikipedia: Computational linguistics is an interdisciplinary field concerned with the statistical or rule-based modeling of natural language from a computational perspective, as well as the study of appropriate computational approaches to linguistic questions.
- Computational linguistics Category
- Artificial intelligence in fiction - Artificial intelligence is a common topic of science fiction. Science fiction sometimes emphasizes the dangers of artificial intelligence, and sometimes its positive potential.
- Collostructional analysis - Collostructional analysis is a family of methods developed by Stefan Th. Gries and Anatol Stefanowitsch.
- Computational lexicology - Computational lexicology is a branch of computational linguistics, which is concerned with the use of computers in the study of lexicon. It has been more narrowly described by some scholars as the use of computers in the study of machine-readable dictionaries.
- Computational Linguistics (journal) - Computational Linguistics is a peer-reviewed academic journal in the field of computational linguistics. It is published quarterly by MIT Press for the Association for Computational Linguistics. The journal includes articles, squibs and book reviews.
- Computational science - Computational science is a rapidly growing multidisciplinary field that uses advanced computing capabilities to understand and solve complex problems.
- Computational semantics - Computational semantics is the study of how to automate the process of constructing and reasoning with meaning representations of natural language expressions. It consequently plays an important role in natural language processing and computational linguistics.
- Formal sciences
- Computational fields of study
- Applied linguistics
- Cognitive science
- What is Computational Linguistics www
A concise introduction to the field, Computational Linguistics, by Hans Uszkoreit.
- Computational Linguistics FAQ www
Frequently asked questions about Computational Linguistics, Linguistics FAQ, intended for people not familiar with this field. Originally compiled by Martin Volk, now part of the ACL Wiki.
- Statistical NLP and Corpus-Based Computational Linguistics Resources www
Chris Manning's annotated list of resources in the field of statistical natural language processing and the closely related corpus-based computational linguistics. NLP and Corpus-Based Computational Linguistics Resources. Corpora, treebanks, models, tools/systems, literature, courses and other resources.
- List of NLP/CL courses in the ACL Wiki www
A list of university courses that contain substantial content in Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistics. NLP/CL courses in the ACL Wiki. It was derived from a survey sponsored by the Association for Computational Linguistics.
- A SIGBioMed: ACL Special Interest Group on Biomedical Natural Language Processing www
A subgroup of the Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL) which aims to bring together researchers in NLP, ACL Special Interest Group on Biomedical Natural Language Processing, bioinformatics, medical informatics, and computational biology, providing a venue for the promotion and dissemination of original research in the area of Biomedical NLP (BioNLP), i.e. language processing in the biological and biomedical domain. SIGBioMed: ACL Special Interest Group on Biomedical Natural Language Processing.
- A Computational Morphology and Phonology www
A list of online resources related to computational morphology and phonology. Computational Morphology and Phonology.
- A SIGMOL: ACL Special Interest Group for Mathematics of Language www
A subgroup of the Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL) which concentrates on the formal side of computational linguistics based on logic, ACL Special Interest Group for Mathematics of Language, continuous and discrete maths, and also statistics. Its biannual meetings (called MOL) usually focus on formal grammar, formal properties of languages, and model-theoretic and proof-theoretic methods in linguistics. SIGMOL: ACL Special Interest Group for Mathematics of Language.
- A SEMITIC: ACL Special Interest Group on Computational Approaches to Semitic Languages www
A subgroup of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) which promotes interest in Computational Linguistics and Natural Language Processing approaches to Semitic Languages. SEMITIC: ACL Special Interest Group on Computational Approaches to Semitic Languages.
- Current Speech Prosody at Bell Labs www
Current research on non-lexical aspects of speech and paralinguistic communication. Prosody at Bell Labs. General information, downloadable papers, and multilingual text-to-speech demo. Speech Prosody at Bell Labs.
- Downloads Morphological Parsing www
Downloads and documentation for the PC-KIMMO morphological parser, Parsing, as well as background information and research in computational morphology. Morphological Parsing.
- A ILK: Induction of Linguistic Knowledge www
A research program at Tilburg University in the Netherlands, Induction of Linguistic Knowledge, aimed at using inductive learning technology to advance both language engineering and the understanding of linguistic knowledge. Publications, downloadable software, and text analysis demos. ILK: Induction of Linguistic Knowledge.
- A SIGGEN: ACL Special Interest Group on Natural Language Generation www
A subgroup of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) which aims to provide a forum for the discussion, ACL Special Interest Group on Natural Language Generation, dissemination and archiving of research topics and results in the field of text generation. SIGGEN: ACL Special Interest Group on Natural Language Generation.
- A Global Wordnet Association www
A society dedicated to the collection and standardization of wordnets, Wordnet Association, corpora, and other basic language processing tools. List of current and pending wordnets. Global Wordnet Association.
- Organizes International Committee on Computational Linguistics www
Organizes the worldwide COLING conference. Committee on Computational Linguistics. Information on the nature of COLING, past COLING proceedings, and hosting future COLINGs. International Committee on Computational Linguistics.
- A SIGLEX: ACL Special Interest Group on the Lexicon www
A subgroup of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) which promotes research on lexical issues ranging from lexicography and the use of online dictionaries to computational lexical semantics. ACL Special Interest Group on the Lexicon. Organizes the SemEval semantic evaluations and the SENSEVAL word-sense evaluation exercises. SIGLEX: ACL Special Interest Group on the Lexicon.
- Like WordNet Search - 3.0 www
Like a super-thesaurus, Search - 3.0, search results display semantic as well as lexical results including synonyms, hierarchical subordination, antonyms, holonyms, and entailment. With glossary. WordNet Search - 3.0.
- A WordNet Bibliography www
A comprehensive list of research publications involving the WordNet lexical database. WordNet Bibliography.
- A SIGSEM: ACL Special Interest Group on Computational Semantics www
A subgroup of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL), ACL Special Interest Group on Computational Semantics, dedicated to promoting research in all aspects of computational semantics. Supports the organization of the IWCS and ICoS workshops/conferences. SIGSEM: ACL Special Interest Group on Computational Semantics.
- A SIGMORPHON: ACL Special Interest Group in Computational Morphology and Phonology www
A subgroup of the Association for Computational Linguistics which supports computer-based research in phonology and morphology. ACL Special Interest Group in Computational Morphology and Phonology. Formerly SIGPHON. SIGMORPHON: ACL Special Interest Group in Computational Morphology and Phonology.
- A SIGHAN: ACL Special Interest Group on Chinese Language Processing www
A subgroup of the Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL) which seeks to promote interest in all aspects of Chinese Language Processing (CLP), ACL Special Interest Group on Chinese Language Processing, e.g. morphological analysis and word segmentation, parsing, lexicons and semantic and pragmatic analysis, machine translation, and information retrieval and extraction. SIGHAN: ACL Special Interest Group on Chinese Language Processing.
- A SIGdial: ACL Special Interest Group in Discourse and Dialogue www
A subgroup of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) and of the International Speech Communication Association (ISCA). ACL Special Interest Group in Discourse and Dialogue. Supports research in the computational analysis of spoken discourse. Organizational information, events, and resources. SIGdial: ACL Special Interest Group in Discourse and Dialogue.
- Brief Introduction to Computational Phonology www
Brief course on the fundamentals of this field, Computational Phonology, by Dafydd Gibbon. Includes basics of computing phonotactics and phonological parsing. Introduction to Computational Phonology.
- International The Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) www
International professional society dedicated to research throughout the field of natural language processing and computational linguistics. Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL). The Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL).
- Introductory Introduction to Language Technology Research www
Introductory information and a directory of resources in theoretical and applied computational linguistics. Introduction to Language Technology Research.
- A The Computation and Language E-Print Archive www
A fully automated archive of papers in computational linguistics, Computation and Language E-Print Archive, natural language processing, speech processing etc. LaTeX sources often available. The Computation and Language E-Print Archive.
- A EuroWordNet www
A project to compile compatible wordnets for seven European languages. EuroWordNet. Documentation, project reports, and downloadable database samples. EuroWordNet.
- Aims The Xtag Project www
Aims to develop a wide-coverage grammar of the English language, Xtag Project, using a lexicalized tree adjoining grammar formalism. The current version of Xtag, as well as general resources for tree adjoining grammars. The Xtag Project.
- Stanford Jurafsky, Daniel www
Stanford University professor whose research includes machine learning, Daniel, parsing and computational psycholinguistics. Current research, syllabi, and archive of publications available. Jurafsky, Daniel.
- A Learning Computational Grammars www
A European research project which ran from 1998 to 2001, Computational Grammars, exploring the possibility of expanding computational grammars through machine learning. Publications, demos, project information. Learning Computational Grammars.
- Development CALL for Japanese Writing www
Development of computer assisted language learning system for Japanese writing using natural language processing techniques. CALL for Japanese Writing.
- A Materials Bank www
A list of language learning projects which incorporate the internet. Materials Bank.
- The LREC Conferences www
The International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation is organised by ELRA biennially with the support of institutions and organisations involved in HLT. Conferences. LREC Conferences bring together a large number of people working and interested in HLT. LREC Conferences.
- Listed Conferences and Workshops www
Listed by year, and Workshops, and maintained by the community. Conferences and Workshops.
- The National Corpus of Polish www
The National Corpus of Polish is a publicly available, Corpus of Polish, large, balanced and linguistically annotated corpus of polish. National Corpus of Polish.
- More Hungarian National Corpus www
More than 150 million Hungarian words, National Corpus, a model of Hungarian language of the 1990s. Free and extensive query system. [Hungarian, English] Hungarian National Corpus.
- Research Laboratory for the Computational Studies of Language www
Research institute at the Middle East Technical University in Ankara, for the Computational Studies of Language, Turkey. Staff profiles, publications archive, tools, and current projects including a corpus of the Turkish language. Laboratory for the Computational Studies of Language.
- Two-level Lingsoft's morphological analyzers www
Two-level morphological analyzers for English, morphological analyzers, German, Swedish, Finnish, Danish, and both forms of Norwegian. On-line demos and licensing information. Lingsoft's morphological analyzers.
- From CLAWS Tagger www
From the UCREL corpus annotation project. Tagger. Documentation, free online trial, licensing information. CLAWS Tagger.
- Natural (Spain) UNED NLP Group, Madrid www
Natural Language Group at the Spanish National Distance University (UNED). UNED NLP Group, Madrid. Research on natural language processing applied to information access, evaluation of information access systems, and acquisition and representation of lexical and grammatical knowledge. (Spain) UNED NLP Group, Madrid.
- CLUK (UK) Computational Linguistics UK www
CLUK is Britain's special interest group for computational linguistics. Computational Linguistics UK. News, organizational information, and general information on the British natural language processing research community. (UK) Computational Linguistics UK.
- Listings Stewardship Project www
Listings of international geographical names, Project, orthography and transcription with commentaries on language. Stewardship Project.
- Searchable Lexicon of Linguistics www
Searchable database of linguistic terminology updated with new terms in the areas of Generative Grammar (Minimalism) and Phonetics. Linguistics. Includes bibliography. Lexicon of Linguistics.
- Alexa: Computational Linguistics Linguistics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Computational Linguistics Linguistics
- DMOZ: Computational Linguistics Linguistics
dmoz.org Directory: Computational Linguistics Linguistics