Sites about Computer Assisted Language Learning. Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL) can be defined succinctly and broadly as "the search for and study of applications of the computer in language teaching and learning". For a comprehensive overview of CALL see ICT4LT Module 1.4, Introduction to Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL): http:--www.ict4lt.org-. Language Software, Artificial Intelligence and Natural Language Processing have their own categories elsewhere. Computer Assisted Language Learning Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
Computer-assisted language learning ( CALL ) is succinctly defined in a seminal work by Levy (1997: p. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Computer-assisted language learning is succinctly defined in a seminal work by Levy as "the search for and study of applications of the computer in language teaching and learning". CALL embraces a wide range of information and communications technology applications and approaches to teaching and learning foreign languages, from the "traditional" drill-and-practice programs that characterised CALL in the 1960s and 1970s to more recent manifestations of CALL, e.g. as used in a virtual learning environment and Web-based distance learning. It also extends to the use of corpora and concordancers, interactive whiteboards, Computer-mediated communication, language learning in virtual worlds, and mobile-assisted language learning.
- Anki - Anki is a spaced repetition flashcard program. "Anki" is the Japanese word for "memorization". The SM2 algorithm, created for SuperMemo in the late 1980s, forms the basis of the spaced repetition methods employed in the program.
- Babbel - Babbel is a language learning app and e-learning platform, available in various languages since January 2008. Fourteen languages are currently offered: Dutch, Danish, English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Spanish and Turkish.
- The Alpheios Project - The Alpheios Project is an open source initiative originally focused on developing software to facilitate reading Latin and ancient Greek.
- Community language learning - Community language learning is a language-teaching method in which students work together to develop what aspects of a language they would like to learn.
- Duolingo - Duolingo is a freemium language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.
- Intelligent computer-assisted language instruction (ICALI).
- Language learning software
- Language education
- Development CALL for Japanese Writing www
Development of computer assisted language learning system for Japanese writing using natural language processing techniques. CALL for Japanese Writing.
- An CALL Bibliography www
An extensive list of print CALL resources. CALL Bibliography.
- This CALL on the Web www
This is a collection of links to websites of use to teachers who specialize in the field of Computer Assisted Language Learning. the Web. The collection is broken up into seven broad categories (Bibliography for CALL,Organizations, Journals, Articles and Web Sites, Call Software, Call Specialists, WorldCALL Conference, Other Resources). It is a starting point which will lead you to most of the important CALL web sites. CALL on the Web.
- Provides Integration of the Internet into Language Teaching www
Provides information for junior high school teachers in China who teach English as a foreign language. the Internet into Language Teaching. Includes information on the Communicative Language Teaching approach, materials, use of the Internet and activities. Integration of the Internet into Language Teaching.
- A Materials Bank www
A list of language learning projects which incorporate the internet. Materials Bank.
- Online Language Learning & Technology www
Online journal devoted to technology and language education research for foreign and second language educators. Learning & Technology. Full text of articles available. Language Learning & Technology.
- CALICO Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium www
CALICO is a professional organization that serves a membership involved in both education and high technology. Assisted Language Instruction Consortium. Membership, special-interest groups, and publication information available. Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium.
- Computer JALT CALL www
Computer assisted language learning section of the Japan Association for Language Teaching. JALT CALL.
- Weblog Language Log www
Weblog run by University of Pennsylvania phonetician Mark Liberman, Log, with multiple guest linguists. Language Log.
- Answers The sci.lang FAQ www
Answers to frequently asked questions about dialects, sci.lang FAQ, languages and their relationships, linguistics, and phonetic systems. The sci.lang FAQ.
- Alexa: Computer Assisted Language Learning Linguistics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Computer Assisted Language Learning Linguistics
- DMOZ: Computer Assisted Language Learning Linguistics
dmoz.org Directory: Computer Assisted Language Learning Linguistics