Lithuanian is an Eastern Baltic member of the Indo-European language family spoken by nearly 3 million people in Lithuania and an approximately 1 million additional speakers spread across at least 18 other countries. Lithuanian is also known as Liutuviskai, Lietuvi, Litovskiy, Litewski and Litauische. Lithuanian Baltic Indo-European Natural Languages Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
- Grand Duchy of Lithuania A European state that lasted from the 13th century up to 1795, when the territory was partitioned...
- Lithuanian language A Baltic language spoken in the Baltic region.
- Lithuanian Jews Lithuanian Jews or Litvaks are Jews with roots in the present-day Lithuania, Belarus, Latvia...
- Lithuanian people A Baltic ethnic group, native to Lithuania, where they number around 2,561,300 people.
- Culture of Lithuania The culture of Lithuania combines an indigenous heritage, represented by the unique Lithuanian...
- Lithuanian cuisine Lithuanian cuisine features products suited to the cool and moist northern climate of Lithuania:...
- Alphabet, Lithuanian - Learning the Language www
Alphabet, Learning the Language, greetings and phrases, grammar lessons, sound files, and "Word of the Day" mailing list. Lithuanian - Learning the Language.
- Dialect Samogitia www
Dialect maps and articles on the language and its literature. Samogitia.
- Interactive Oneness City, Lithuania www
Interactive Lithuanian language lessons with grammar, City, Lithuania, morphology, phonetics and exercises. Oneness City, Lithuania.
- Research The Institute of Lithuanian Language www
Research institute based in Vilnius, Institute of Lithuanian Language, Lithuania. The site contains information on staff and publications of the Institute, as well as on the sociolinguistic history of the Lithuanian language. Bilingual site [Lithuanian and English]. The Institute of Lithuanian Language.
- Multiple-choice English-Lithuanian Vocabulary Quizzes www
Multiple-choice quizzes for studying Lithuanian and English vocabulary. Vocabulary Quizzes. Created by volunteers. English-Lithuanian Vocabulary Quizzes.
- Forum Lithuanian Language Group www
Forum for people interested in Lithuania and its language. Lithuanian Language Group.
- Commentary Martynas Mažvydas's Language www
Commentary on the first Lithuanian book, Mažvydas's Language, excerpted from a history of the language. Martynas Mažvydas's Language.
- Online Debesėlis www
Online school of Lithuanian language. Debesėlis. Grammar, pronunciation sound files, phrases and a forum. Debesėlis.
- Governmental State Commission of the Lithuanian Language www
Governmental institution of the Republic of Lithuania. Commission of the Lithuanian Language. Legal regulation of Lithuanian language, basic facts about the language, activities of the commission. State Commission of the Lithuanian Language.
- Useful Lithuanian for Travelers www
Useful words and phrases arranged by category. Lithuanian for Travelers.
- Historical The Lithuanian Language and Writing www
Historical survey of the language and its literature, Lithuanian Language and Writing, with many articles on diverse subjects. The Lithuanian Language and Writing.
- Scholarly Balto-Slavic Accentuation: Some News Travels Slowly www
Scholarly article (1994) on the history of Balto-Slavic accentuation patterns, Accentuation: Some News Travels Slowly, by Frederik Kortlandt. Balto-Slavic Accentuation: Some News Travels Slowly.
- Alexa: Lithuanian Baltic
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Lithuanian Baltic
- DMOZ: Lithuanian Baltic
dmoz.org Directory: Lithuanian Baltic