Discourse analysis is the study of the acts of discourse, writing, talk, conversation and communication. It includes conversation analysis which is the study of talk in interaction. Discourse Analysis Pragmatics Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
The objects of discourse analysis ( discourse, writing, conversation, communicative event ) are variously defined in terms of coherent sequences of sentences, propositions, speech, or turns-at-talk. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Discourse analysis, or discourse studies, is a general term for a number of approaches to analyze written, vocal, or sign language use, or any significant semiotic event.
- Discourse analysis Category
- Actor (policy debate) - In policy debate, an actor is an entity that enacts a certain policy action. If a plan were to have the U.S. send humanitarian aid to Sudan, then the actor would be the United States federal government.
- Critical discourse analysis - Critical discourse analysis is an interdisciplinary approach to the study of discourse that views language as a form of social practice.
- Dialogical analysis - Dialogical analysis, or more precisely dialogical interaction analysis, refers to a way of analyzing human communication which is based on the theory of dialogism. The approach has been developed based on the theoretical work of George Herbert Mead and Bakhtin.
- Communicative action - In sociology, communicative action is cooperative action undertaken by individuals based upon mutual deliberation and argumentation. The term was developed by German philosopher-sociologist J rgen Habermas in his work The Theory of Communicative Action.
- Discourse - Discourse denotes written and spoken communications...
- Essex School of discourse analysis - The Essex School constitutes a variety of discourse analysis, one that combines theoretical sophistication ? mainly due to its reliance on the post-structuralist and psychoanalytic traditions and, in particular, on the work of Lacan, Foucault, Barthes, Derrida, etc.
- Systemic functional linguistics
- Translation studies
- Postmodern theory
- Applied linguistics
- The Discourse: Patterns of Complex Adaptation www
The dynamics of conversation in a learning community as a special case of complex adaptive systems. Discourse: Patterns of Complex Adaptation.
- Article A Wittgensteinian Approach to Discourse Analysis www
Article by Steven M. Wittgensteinian Approach to Discourse Analysis. Hoenisch. Examines influence of Wittgenstein on Gricean pragamtics, and on Searle's speech act theory, to motivate Discourse Analysis. A Wittgensteinian Approach to Discourse Analysis.
- Article Wittgenstein/Styles/Pedagogy www
- Offers Trevor Pateman - Linguistics and the Critique of Domination www
Offers a critique of East Anglia critical linguistics (Fowler, Pateman - Linguistics and the Critique of Domination, Hodge, Kress, Trew) Trevor Pateman - Linguistics and the Critique of Domination.
- Article Interpretation and Indeterminancy in Discourse Analysis www
Article by Steven Hoenisch. Interpretation and Indeterminancy in Discourse Analysis.
- Provides Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics www
Provides training and research opportunities in such areas as linguistics, Institute of Applied Linguistics, language and culture learning, language assessment and development, literacy and Bible translation, and to equip students with the skills to train and serve others. Graduate Institute of Applied Linguistics.
- An Linguistics Forum www
An academic but informal linguistics forum. Forum. Covers syntax, semantics, morphology, phonology, first and second language acquisition, sociolinguistics, and other theoretical and applied areas of linguistics. Linguistics Forum.
- Alexa: Discourse Analysis Pragmatics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Discourse Analysis Pragmatics
- DMOZ: Discourse Analysis Pragmatics
dmoz.org Directory: Discourse Analysis Pragmatics