Open to English-language and multilingual sites featuring academic and professional linguistics organizations, associations, and societies. Professional Organizations Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
- Wikipedia: A professional association is usually a nonprofit organization seeking to further a particular profession, the interests of individuals engaged in that profession and the public interest.
- Advocacy - Advocacy is an activity by an individual or group which aims to influence decisions within political, economic, and social systems and institutions.
- Bar association - A bar association is a professional association of lawyers. Some bar associations are responsible for the regulation of the legal profession in their jurisdiction; others are professional organizations dedicated to serving their members; in many cases, they are both.
- Guild - A guild is an association of artisans or merchants who oversee the practice of their craft in a particular town. The earliest types of guild were formed as confraternities of tradesmen.
- Inter-professional association - Inter-professional associations have been defined as private organizations, recognized by the State, that group together participants from all stages of the same agricultural commodity chain, with the objectives of elaborating policies, guaranteeing equity among the members, facilitating the...
- Learned society - A learned society is an organisation that exists to promote an academic discipline, profession, or a group of related disciplines such as the arts. Membership may be open to all, may require possession of some qualification, or may be an honour conferred by election.
- Syndicate - A syndicate is a self-organizing group of individuals, companies, corporations or entities formed to transact some specific business, to pursue or promote a shared interest. In most cases formed groups aim to scale up their profits.
- Professional associations
- Trade unions
- Types of organization
- A Modern Language Association www
A not-for-profit membership organization that promotes the study and teaching of language and literature. Modern Language Association.
- Covers Linguistics Association of Great Britain www
Covers membership information and provides resources on linguistics in Great Britain. Association of Great Britain. Also includes information on its annual conference. Linguistics Association of Great Britain.
- A The Berkeley Linguistics Society www
A graduate student-run organization at the University of California, Berkeley Linguistics Society, Berkeley dedicated to sponsoring an annual conference and publishing the proceedings. The site lists programs of previous conferences. The Berkeley Linguistics Society.
- Founded Society for Germanic Linguistics www
Founded in 1968 to serve scholars teaching and researching in Germanic Linguistics and Philology. for Germanic Linguistics. Journal of Germanic Linguistics, newsletter, and conference updates. Society for Germanic Linguistics.
- Organizes Canadian Linguistic Association www
Organizes a yearly conference on linguistics. Linguistic Association. The site presents programs and online proceedings of previous years' conferences as well as membership information. Canadian Linguistic Association.
- The International Systemic-Functional Linguistics Association (ISFLA) www
The international organising body for the Systemic community. Systemic-Functional Linguistics Association (ISFLA). Its main function is the organisation of the International Systemic-Functional Congress ISFC (Annual Congress). International Systemic-Functional Linguistics Association (ISFLA).
- Presents The Centre for Research on Language, Mind and Brain (CRLMB) www
Presents news, Centre for Research on Language, Mind and Brain (CRLMB), membership information, conferences and events calendar of the Centre for Research on Language, Mind and Brain. The Centre for Research on Language, Mind and Brain (CRLMB).
- Oldest The Chicago Linguistic Society www
Oldest student-run linguistic society in the US. Chicago Linguistic Society. Holds an annual, peer-reviewed, international conference in early Spring where linguists from all around the world present and discuss their work. Also publishes a volume of proceedings each year on papers presented in the conference. The site offers a list of previous years' conference programs and some of the online proceedings. The Chicago Linguistic Society.
- Professional Women in German Studies www
Professional support for female Germanists (lecturers, German Studies, translators, tutors, editors, and writers) in Great Britain and Ireland. Mission statement, membership information, event announcements, links. Women in German Studies.
- Organizes Student Organization of Linguistics in Europe www
Organizes a yearly conference for students of linguistics worldwide, Organization of Linguistics in Europe, aiming to provide a forum for the coming generations of linguistics to present independent research to an international audience. Also publishes a yearly volume of proceedings, which are available online for download as of year 2000. Student Organization of Linguistics in Europe.
- Provides European Association for Lexicography (Euralex) www
Provides information on membership, Association for Lexicography (Euralex), conferences, award, newsletter, personnel, bookshop, journals, calendar of events and mailing list. European Association for Lexicography (Euralex).
- Promoting Finno-Ugrian Society www
Promoting research of Uralic and Altaic languages. Society. Brief overview, list of publications and contact information. Finno-Ugrian Society.
- Encourages Israel Association for Theoretical Linguistics www
Encourages research in a variety of theoretical framework. Association for Theoretical Linguistics. Conferences, proceedings, minutes, financial report and officers. Israel Association for Theoretical Linguistics.
- National Australian Linguistic Society www
National organization for linguistics and linguists in Australia. Linguistic Society. Covers membership information, proceedings of previous conferences, and information on awards and scholarships. Australian Linguistic Society.
- Professional Institute of Linguists www
Professional credentialing body and member organization for linguists, Linguists, translators and interpreters in the United Kingdom. Linguist database, magazine, forum, and global language news. Institute of Linguists.
- Information African Association for Lexicography (AFRILEX) www
Information on membership, Association for Lexicography (AFRILEX), conferences and activities, dictionaries by members, newsletters and a mailing list African Association for Lexicography (AFRILEX).
- Membership Linguistic Society of America www
Membership information, Society of America, member email list, constitution, and a directory of programs in linguistics in the United States and Canada. Linguistic Society of America.
- Includes Australasian Association for Lexicography (AUSTRALEX) www
Includes dictionaries, Association for Lexicography (AUSTRALEX), conferences, members and subscription information. Australasian Association for Lexicography (AUSTRALEX).
- Encourages International Society for Language Studies www
Encourages and promotes critical discourse and research in language matters through a forum and the interchange of information through publications. International Society for Language Studies.
- Information American Association for Applied Linguistics www
Information on the executive committee, Association for Applied Linguistics, application for membership, awards, job register, and upcoming conferences. American Association for Applied Linguistics.
- Includes Applied Linguistics Association of Korea www
Includes newsletter, Linguistics Association of Korea, conference information, downloadable journal. Applied Linguistics Association of Korea.
- An The Brunswik Society www
An association of researchers interested in understanding and improving human judgment and decision making. Brunswik Society. Includes essays, a newsletter, and information on joining and the annual meeting. The Brunswik Society.
- Information Experimental Psychology Society www
Information for members, Psychology Society, online access to journals, and meeting announcements. Experimental Psychology Society.
- The Sigma Xi www
The Scientific Research Society is a non-profit membership society of more than 80, Xi,000 scientists and engineers Sigma Xi.
- A West Virginia Academy of Science www
A corporation chartered for the advancement of scientific knowledge and the promotion of scientific work in West Virginia. Virginia Academy of Science. Information on history, membership, publications and meetings. West Virginia Academy of Science.
- CALICO Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium www
CALICO is a professional organization that serves a membership involved in both education and high technology. Assisted Language Instruction Consortium. Membership, special-interest groups, and publication information available. Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium.
- Computer JALT CALL www
Computer assisted language learning section of the Japan Association for Language Teaching. JALT CALL.
- Organization Central States Communication Association www
Organization for scholars in the Midwestern United States. States Communication Association. Conference information and submission standards for its journal, Communication Studies. Central States Communication Association.
- Offers ISCA, International Speech Communication Association www
Offers training, International Speech Communication Association, conferences and workshops. With membership details. ISCA, International Speech Communication Association.
- An Social Science Research Council www
An independent, Science Research Council, not-for-profit international organization that seeks to advance social science throughout the world. Information on initiatives, publications and areas of study, fellowships, related institutions and associations, and upcoming events. Social Science Research Council.
- Non-profit International Social Science Council www
Non-profit scientific organisation with headquarters in France that promotes international cooperation in the social sciences. International Social Science Council.
- Searchable Lexicon of Linguistics www
Searchable database of linguistic terminology updated with new terms in the areas of Generative Grammar (Minimalism) and Phonetics. Linguistics. Includes bibliography. Lexicon of Linguistics.
- Specializes Maledicta Press www
Specializes in negatively-valued words and expressions from all languages and cultures, Press, focussing on the origin, etymology, meaning, use and influence of verbal aggression and abuse of any kind. Maledicta Press.
- Alexa: Professional Organizations Linguistics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Professional Organizations Linguistics
- DMOZ: Professional Organizations Linguistics
dmoz.org Directory: Professional Organizations Linguistics