Open to English-language and multilingual sites featuring academic and professional linguistics organizations, associations, and societies. Professional Organizations Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
- Wikipedia: A professional association is usually a nonprofit organization seeking to further a particular profession, the interests of individuals engaged in that profession and the public interest.
- Advocacy - Advocacy is an activity by an individual or group which aims to influence decisions within political, economic, and social systems and institutions.
- Guild - A guild is an association of artisans or merchants who oversee the practice of their craft in a particular town. The earliest types of guild were formed as confraternities of tradesmen.
- Inter-professional association - Inter-professional associations have been defined as private organizations, recognized by the State, that group together participants from all stages of the same agricultural commodity chain, with the objectives of elaborating policies, guaranteeing equity among the members, facilitating the...
- Trade union - A trade union or trades union, also called a labour union or labor union, is an organization of workers who have come together to achieve common goals such as protecting the integrity of its trade, improving safety standards, achieving higher pay and benefits such as health care and retirement...
- Trade association - A trade association, also known as an industry trade group, business association, sector association or industry body, is an organization founded and funded by businesses that operate in a specific industry.
- Professional associations
- Trade unions
- Types of organization
- Standards organizations
- Presents The Centre for Research on Language, Mind and Brain (CRLMB) www
Presents news, Centre for Research on Language, Mind and Brain (CRLMB), membership information, conferences and events calendar of the Centre for Research on Language, Mind and Brain. The Centre for Research on Language, Mind and Brain (CRLMB).
- Professional Institute of Linguists www
Professional credentialing body and member organization for linguists, Linguists, translators and interpreters in the United Kingdom. Linguist database, magazine, forum, and global language news. Institute of Linguists.
- National Australian Linguistic Society www
National organization for linguistics and linguists in Australia. Linguistic Society. Covers membership information, proceedings of previous conferences, and information on awards and scholarships. Australian Linguistic Society.
- Organizes Canadian Linguistic Association www
Organizes a yearly conference on linguistics. Linguistic Association. The site presents programs and online proceedings of previous years' conferences as well as membership information. Canadian Linguistic Association.
- A The Berkeley Linguistics Society www
A graduate student-run organization at the University of California, Berkeley Linguistics Society, Berkeley dedicated to sponsoring an annual conference and publishing the proceedings. The site lists programs of previous conferences. The Berkeley Linguistics Society.
- Includes Australasian Association for Lexicography (AUSTRALEX) www
Includes dictionaries, Association for Lexicography (AUSTRALEX), conferences, members and subscription information. Australasian Association for Lexicography (AUSTRALEX).
- Provides European Association for Lexicography (Euralex) www
Provides information on membership, Association for Lexicography (Euralex), conferences, award, newsletter, personnel, bookshop, journals, calendar of events and mailing list. European Association for Lexicography (Euralex).
- Covers Linguistics Association of Great Britain www
Covers membership information and provides resources on linguistics in Great Britain. Association of Great Britain. Also includes information on its annual conference. Linguistics Association of Great Britain.
- Encourages International Society for Language Studies www
Encourages and promotes critical discourse and research in language matters through a forum and the interchange of information through publications. International Society for Language Studies.
- The International Systemic-Functional Linguistics Association (ISFLA) www
The international organising body for the Systemic community. Systemic-Functional Linguistics Association (ISFLA). Its main function is the organisation of the International Systemic-Functional Congress ISFC (Annual Congress). International Systemic-Functional Linguistics Association (ISFLA).
- Encourages Israel Association for Theoretical Linguistics www
Encourages research in a variety of theoretical framework. Association for Theoretical Linguistics. Conferences, proceedings, minutes, financial report and officers. Israel Association for Theoretical Linguistics.
- Information African Association for Lexicography (AFRILEX) www
Information on membership, Association for Lexicography (AFRILEX), conferences and activities, dictionaries by members, newsletters and a mailing list African Association for Lexicography (AFRILEX).
- Membership Linguistic Society of America www
Membership information, Society of America, member email list, constitution, and a directory of programs in linguistics in the United States and Canada. Linguistic Society of America.
- Oldest The Chicago Linguistic Society www
Oldest student-run linguistic society in the US. Chicago Linguistic Society. Holds an annual, peer-reviewed, international conference in early Spring where linguists from all around the world present and discuss their work. Also publishes a volume of proceedings each year on papers presented in the conference. The site offers a list of previous years' conference programs and some of the online proceedings. The Chicago Linguistic Society.
- Professional Women in German Studies www
Professional support for female Germanists (lecturers, German Studies, translators, tutors, editors, and writers) in Great Britain and Ireland. Mission statement, membership information, event announcements, links. Women in German Studies.
- Promoting Finno-Ugrian Society www
Promoting research of Uralic and Altaic languages. Society. Brief overview, list of publications and contact information. Finno-Ugrian Society.
- Organizes Student Organization of Linguistics in Europe www
Organizes a yearly conference for students of linguistics worldwide, Organization of Linguistics in Europe, aiming to provide a forum for the coming generations of linguistics to present independent research to an international audience. Also publishes a yearly volume of proceedings, which are available online for download as of year 2000. Student Organization of Linguistics in Europe.
- A Modern Language Association www
A not-for-profit membership organization that promotes the study and teaching of language and literature. Modern Language Association.
- Founded Society for Germanic Linguistics www
Founded in 1968 to serve scholars teaching and researching in Germanic Linguistics and Philology. for Germanic Linguistics. Journal of Germanic Linguistics, newsletter, and conference updates. Society for Germanic Linguistics.
- Information American Association for Applied Linguistics www
Information on the executive committee, Association for Applied Linguistics, application for membership, awards, job register, and upcoming conferences. American Association for Applied Linguistics.
- Membership Applied Linguistics Association of Australia www
Membership and publication, Linguistics Association of Australia, plus the e-mail list APPLIX, available to anyone interested in the area of applied linguistics. Applied Linguistics Association of Australia.
- Information Experimental Psychology Society www
Information for members, Psychology Society, online access to journals, and meeting announcements. Experimental Psychology Society.
- Promotes SARMAC: The Society for Applied Research in Memory and Cognition www
Promotes cooperation between basic and applied researchers in memory and cognition. The Society for Applied Research in Memory and Cognition. Includes information about membership, the governing board, conferences, and publications. SARMAC: The Society for Applied Research in Memory and Cognition.
- A West Virginia Academy of Science www
A corporation chartered for the advancement of scientific knowledge and the promotion of scientific work in West Virginia. Virginia Academy of Science. Information on history, membership, publications and meetings. West Virginia Academy of Science.
- A World Association of Industrial and Technological Research Organizations www
A NGO that promotes cooperation between member research institutions to provide an international voice for technological research and development through technology transfer and dissemination. World Association of Industrial and Technological Research Organizations.
- CALICO Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium www
CALICO is a professional organization that serves a membership involved in both education and high technology. Assisted Language Instruction Consortium. Membership, special-interest groups, and publication information available. Computer Assisted Language Instruction Consortium.
- Association European Association for Computer Assisted Language Learning (EUROCALL) www
Association of language teaching professionals interested in all aspects of the use of technology for language learning. Association for Computer Assisted Language Learning (EUROCALL). Membership information, events and publications. European Association for Computer Assisted Language Learning (EUROCALL).
- Professional ECA, Eastern Communication Association www
Professional communication association focuses on research, Eastern Communication Association, criticism, communication theory, and excellence in teaching. With relevant links. ECA, Eastern Communication Association.
- Provides Center For Communication www
Provides seminars and speakers on journalism, For Communication, public relations, and mass media issues. Speaker bios and calendar of events included. Center For Communication.
- An Social Science Research Council www
An independent, Science Research Council, not-for-profit international organization that seeks to advance social science throughout the world. Information on initiatives, publications and areas of study, fellowships, related institutions and associations, and upcoming events. Social Science Research Council.
- Non-profit International Social Science Council www
Non-profit scientific organisation with headquarters in France that promotes international cooperation in the social sciences. International Social Science Council.
- Specializes Maledicta Press www
Specializes in negatively-valued words and expressions from all languages and cultures, Press, focussing on the origin, etymology, meaning, use and influence of verbal aggression and abuse of any kind. Maledicta Press.
- Web The Linguist List www
Web site for the mailing list: professional communication and networking for the world-wide community of linguists. The Linguist List.
- Alexa: Professional Organizations Linguistics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Professional Organizations Linguistics
- DMOZ: Professional Organizations Linguistics
dmoz.org Directory: Professional Organizations Linguistics