Open to Noncommercial translation related sites in English only. Translation Linguistics Social Sciences Science.
Translation is the communication of the meaning of a source-language text by means of an equivalent target-language text. (wikipedia)
- Translation The communication of the meaning of a source-language text by means of an equivalent...
- Network address translation A method of remapping one IP address space into another by modifying network address information...
- Translation (biology) The process in which ribosomes in the cytoplasm or ER synthesize proteins after the process...
- Frequency translation A signal processing technique invented in 1901 by Canadian inventor-engineer Reginald Fessenden...
- Translation (geometry) A geometric transformation that moves every point of a figure or a space by the same distance in...
- Address translation A communications protocol used for discovering the link layer address associated with a given...
- Translation (rhetoric device) A form of parody, where a sarcastic paraphrase of a source quotation is given to mock its author...
- Translation (relic) The removal of holy objects from one locality to another; usually only the movement of the...
- Conversion Meanings See related meanings for the word 'Conversion'.
- E-text A Handbook for Literary Translators www
E-text of the PEN American Center Translation Committee. Handbook for Literary Translators. Available for browser viewing or as a Word 97 download. A Handbook for Literary Translators.
- Lecture The Freelance Translation Profession www
Lecture by M. Freelance Translation Profession.S.N. Carpenter on whether freelancing is viable. Discusses various issues, including tips. The Freelance Translation Profession.
- Webring Ring of Translation Research www
Webring for sites about translation research. Ring of Translation Research.
- Translation At-turjuman www
Translation and interlingual communication abstracts, At-turjuman, articles and research papers. At-turjuman.
- Uwe Information about machine translation, controlled language, translation standards www
Uwe Muegge's web site demonstrates the power of machine translation in combination with controlled language authoring. Information about machine translation, controlled language, translation standards.
- Compares Comparison Study of English and Bahasa www
Compares the structure and linguistic aspects of these two languages. Comparison Study of English and Bahasa.
- Dissertation Strategies in Translation www
Dissertation of John Richard Morton Gledhill literary translation theory. Strategies in Translation.
- Literary University of Texas at Dallas Center for Translation Studies www
Literary translation program. Texas at Dallas Center for Translation Studies. Introductory research philosophy, faculty profiles, publishing credits. University of Texas at Dallas Center for Translation Studies.
- A Cucumis www
A portal for translators to share their linguistic knowledge and trade translations through a system of points. Cucumis.
- The BTTS www
The Buddhist Text Translation Society is an organisation translating texts on Buddha dharma from Chinese to English and other languages. BTTS.
- Dictionaries, Internet Resources for Translators www
Dictionaries, Resources for Translators, newsgroups, associations, schools, and translation tools. Internet Resources for Translators.
- Exploration Palimpsestes www
Exploration of theoretical and practical problems of translating between French and English. Palimpsestes. From the Sorbonne Nouvelle Press. Ordering and submission information, archive. Palimpsestes.
- A Miltranet www
A division of Boz's Polyglot chat room, Miltranet, proposing the building of a multilingual internet through a network for multilingual, minor language translators. Miltranet.
- Guidance American Medical Association Statement on the ADA www
Guidance from the AMA Office of the General Counsel, Medical Association Statement on the ADA, explaining communication accommodations for physicians. American Medical Association Statement on the ADA.
- Closed ASL Interpreters' Listserv www
Closed unmoderated discussion forum. ASL Interpreters' Listserv.
- Interdisciplinary, The Linguistics Project www
Interdisciplinary, Linguistics Project, international, internet-community on language and linguistics. The Linguistics Project.
- Essays Language and Linguistics www
Essays on language and linguistics and links to related materials. Language and Linguistics.
- Alexa: Translation Linguistics
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Translation Linguistics
- DMOZ: Translation Linguistics
dmoz.org Directory: Translation Linguistics