Sites in this section are related to Social Research Methodology: the methods, techniques, and technology employed by social scientists in the advance of their fields. Methodology Social Sciences Science.
The methodology is the general research strategy that outlines the way in which research is to be undertaken and, among other things, identifies the methods to be used in it. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Methodology is the systematic, theoretical analysis of the methods applied to a field of study. It comprises the theoretical analysis of the body of methods and principles associated with a branch of knowledge. Typically, it encompasses concepts such as paradigm, theoretical model, phases and quantitative or qualitative techniques.
- Methodology Category
- Art methodology - Art methodology refers to a studied and constantly reassessed, questioned method within the arts, as opposed to a method merely applied. This process of studying the method and reassessing its effectiveness allows art to move on and change.
- Hermeneutics - Hermeneutics is the theory and methodology of interpretation, especially the interpretation of biblical texts, wisdom literature, and philosophical texts.
- Interdisciplinarity - Interdisciplinarity involves the combining of two or more academic disciplines into one activity. It draws knowledge from several other fields like sociology, anthropology, psychology, economics etc. It is about creating something new by thinking across boundaries.
- Paradigm - In science and philosophy, a paradigm is a distinct set of concepts or thought patterns, including theories, research methods, postulates, and standards for what constitutes legitimate contributions to a field.
- Scientific method - The scientific method is a body of techniques for investigating phenomena, acquiring new knowledge, or correcting and integrating previous knowledge. To be termed scientific, a method of inquiry is commonly based on empirical or measurable evidence subject to specific principles of reasoning.
- Resources The Web Center for Social Research Methods www
Resources for applied social research and evaluation including a complete online research methods text, Web Center for Social Research Methods, course resources, and researcher tools. The Web Center for Social Research Methods.
- Originally Theory:The Necessary Evil www
Originally published in Theory and Concepts in Qualitative Research: Perspectives from the Field. Theory:The Necessary Evil.
- Sociocybernetics Center for Sociocybernetics Studies, Bonn www
Sociocybernetics is the application of systems thinking and cybernetic principles in sociology and other social sciences in order to analyse social phenomena regarding their complexity and dynamics. Center for Sociocybernetics Studies, Bonn.
- The Semac -- Semantic Analysis Software www
The concept of semantic activity that is claimed to proceed as well from single words as from word co-occurrences. Semantic Analysis Software. This equalization rests upon graph theory. Semac -- Semantic Analysis Software.
- This Max Weber's Approach to Objectivity in Social Science www
This essay, Weber's Approach to Objectivity in Social Science, by Steve Hoenisch, seeks to shed light on Weber's view of the applicability of objectivity by attempting to answer the overarching question that sits at the foundation of his approach: Was Weber an advocate of value-free social science? Max Weber's Approach to Objectivity in Social Science.
- Discusses Qualitative and Quantitative Research: Conjunctions and Divergences www
Discusses the logic of relating qualitative and quantitative methods, and Quantitative Research: Conjunctions and Divergences, different approaches for inter-relating them, and innovative applications of methodological inter-relation. Qualitative and Quantitative Research: Conjunctions and Divergences.
- A Latent Semantic Analysis www
A mathematical/statistical technique for extracting and representing the similarity of meaning of words and passages by analysis of large bodies of text. Latent Semantic Analysis.
- Links Resources for Methods in Evaluation and Social Research www
Links to free resources for methods in social science research. Resources for Methods in Evaluation and Social Research.
- by Social Science Research Resources www
by Craig McKie. Social Science Research Resources.
- An Measuring Paradoxical Reality www
An alternative way to assess subject condition in social sciences. Measuring Paradoxical Reality.
- Construct Enquire Within and the Repertory Grid Interview www
Construct systems may be conceived of as multi-dimensional mathematical models in which the person's own language is used to classify his or her experience - a presentation of Kelly's personal construct theory Enquire Within and the Repertory Grid Interview.
- CIB Cross-impact Balance Analysis www
CIB is a highly flexible cross-impact method used in scenario analysis to analyse the interactions of events, Balance Analysis, trends, or states in social systems. In English and German. Cross-impact Balance Analysis.
- Vytvorology, Vytvorology www
Vytvorology, Vytvorology, which is an exact science of human processes, offers new, acute and reliable research possibilities in this field of human and social processes. Vytvorology.
- United Kingdom Evaluation Society www
United Kingdom Evaluation Society.
- The The Bell Curve: Anatomy of an Analysis www
The interpretations proffered in Herrnstein and Murray's book, Bell Curve: Anatomy of an Analysis, "The Bell Curve", are not supported by reanalysis of their data. The Bell Curve: Anatomy of an Analysis.
- Research META Magazine Research www
Research about methods and techniques on problem solving, Magazine Research, acquiring knowledge, classification of information, education, and positive creative management skills. META Magazine Research.
- The RM Institute - Research Methods Knowledge www
The knowledge base of social science research methods. Institute - Research Methods Knowledge. It focus on measurements and modeling issues. RM Institute - Research Methods Knowledge.
- A Understanding Experimentation www
A Web Quest on the classic experiment, Experimentation, as well as other research methods: naturalistic observation, questionnaire survey, and correlational research. Designed by Bernard Schuster. Understanding Experimentation.
- A General Semantics www
A critical analysis of the theoretical foundations of Korzybski's general semantics featuring many papers, Semantics, commentary, and discussions. General Semantics.
- A Action Research Resources www
A large collection of resources on action research and related topics, Research Resources, including an on line course. Action Research Resources.
- The Process in Our Participatory Action www
The article proposes some ways of distinguishing action research and learning processes in research practices, Our Participatory Action, particularly with regard to experiences of reconciliation at an inter-racial level. Process in Our Participatory Action.
- A Handbook on Ethical Issues in Anthropology www
A special publication of the American Anthropological Association edited by Joan Cassell and Sue-Ellen Jacobs. Ethical Issues in Anthropology. Contains the Association's guidelines for research methodologies. Handbook on Ethical Issues in Anthropology.
- Michael Calculating Kin www
Michael D. Kin. Fischer's tutorial for understanding the methodology of kinship codes. Calculating Kin.
- Mailing Arch-Theory Mailing List www
Mailing list for international discussions, Mailing List, reviews, and exchanges of information in archaeological theory and associated fields of interest. Arch-Theory Mailing List.
- Information Dental Microwear www
Information on the study of microscopic wear on teeth and free image analysis software. Dental Microwear.
- A SIGMOL: ACL Special Interest Group for Mathematics of Language www
A subgroup of the Association of Computational Linguistics (ACL) which concentrates on the formal side of computational linguistics based on logic, ACL Special Interest Group for Mathematics of Language, continuous and discrete maths, and also statistics. Its biannual meetings (called MOL) usually focus on formal grammar, formal properties of languages, and model-theoretic and proof-theoretic methods in linguistics. SIGMOL: ACL Special Interest Group for Mathematics of Language.
- A ILK: Induction of Linguistic Knowledge www
A research program at Tilburg University in the Netherlands, Induction of Linguistic Knowledge, aimed at using inductive learning technology to advance both language engineering and the understanding of linguistic knowledge. Publications, downloadable software, and text analysis demos. ILK: Induction of Linguistic Knowledge.
- An SoFiE: The Society for Financial Econometrics www
An international group dedicated to financial econometrics which organizes an annual conference and sponsors related programs. The Society for Financial Econometrics. Associated with the Journal of Financial Econometrics. Includes information on membership and conferences. SoFiE: The Society for Financial Econometrics.
- A Econometric Links of the Econometrics Journal www
A comprehensive database of resources for econometricians including software, Links of the Econometrics Journal, data, publications, conferences, people, institutions, and jobs. Econometric Links of the Econometrics Journal.
- Intensive Teaching Research Ethics www
Intensive workshop in teaching research ethics for scientists who train graduate students. Research Ethics. Sponsored by the Poynter Center at the University of Indiana. Teaching Research Ethics.
- Aubrey Scientific Misconduct Blog www
Aubrey Blumsohn on misconduct in medical and scientific research, Misconduct Blog, and related topics. Scientific Misconduct Blog.
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Alexa: Methodology Social Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Methodology Social Sciences
- DMOZ: Methodology Social Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Methodology Social Sciences