Political science, often nicknamed "polisci," is the academic study of government, and of the social, economic, historical, and other influences on its processes and decision-making. Confucian thought and ancient Greek philosophy originated the field, which grew substantially with the rise of nineteenth century liberalism. Today, it utilizes social science methodology such as content analysis, public opinion surveys, and statistical analysis to create and evaluate generalizations about how government and people behave. Political Science Social Sciences Science.
Political science is a social science discipline that deals with systems of government, and the analysis of political activity and political behaviour. (wikipedia)
- Political Science A social science discipline that deals with systems of government, and the analysis of...
- Political Science (journal) A biannual peer-reviewed academic journal covering political science.
- "Political Science" (song) A song written and performed by singer-songwriter Randy Newman on his 1972 album, Sail Away.
- Defines Political Dictionary www
Defines terms used in discussing national and international politics. Political Dictionary.
- Designed Comparative Politics Resource Center www
Designed to be used as a companion to textbooks. Politics Resource Center. Included are case studies and info-trac reader subscription service. Comparative Politics Resource Center.
- Research Extreme Right Electorates and Party Success (EREPS) www
Research network providing data on West European extreme right parties. Right Electorates and Party Success (EREPS). Papers, analysis, voting trends, data sets and documents. Extreme Right Electorates and Party Success (EREPS).
- Frequently Politics Conferences Worldwide www
Frequently updated listing of upcoming events in political science and related fields. Politics Conferences Worldwide.
- Provides Political Science and Political Minorities Graduate Political Science Conference www
Provides an overview of the conference, Science and Political Minorities Graduate Political Science Conference, updates, and introductions on how to submit an application for the conference. The submission deadline is February 25, 2002. Political Science and Political Minorities Graduate Political Science Conference.
- A Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS) www
A large amount of social sciences data relating to the Netherlands from 1962 to the present. Archiving and Networked Services (DANS). Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS).
- EUGene EUGene Program www
EUGene serves as a data management tool for creating data sets for use in the quantitative analysis of international relations; with the country-year, Program, directed-dyad-year, and directed-dispute-dyad-year as the unit of analysis. EUGene Program.
- CESRAN Centre for Strategic Research and Analysis www
CESRAN is an internet based think tank aiming to bridge the gap between students of international relations and practitioners of international politics. for Strategic Research and Analysis. In English and Turkish. Centre for Strategic Research and Analysis.
- Former Iran Policy Committee www
Former officials from the White House, Policy Committee, State Department, Pentagon, intelligence agencies and experts from think tanks and universities who call for increased support for Iranian opposition groups. Iran Policy Committee.
- Répertoire Travaux universitaires inédits de science politique (TUISP) www
Répertoire de thèses et mémoires soutenus en France à partir de 1962 et intéressant le domaine quelle que soit leur discipline de soutenance. universitaires inédits de science politique (TUISP). Moteur de recherche, index des sujets. Mise à jour chaque année au cours du dernier trimestre. Travaux universitaires inédits de science politique (TUISP).
- Présentation Science politique www
Présentation de la discipline, politique, de sa situation au Canada et de son champ d'étude. Article de Reginald Whitaker, professeur d'université, dans l'Encyclopédie canadienne. Science politique.
- A Hoover Institution www
A think tank on the campus of Stanford University, Institution, dedicated to research in domestic policy and international affairs. Hoover Institution.
- The Institute for the Study of Diplomacy www
The Institute focuses on the implementation of foreign policy. for the Study of Diplomacy. It seeks to answer the question how announced policy objectives can best be pursued. It does so by drawing on the concrete experiences of practitioners and the conceptual, comparative, and historical work of academics. Institute for the Study of Diplomacy.
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Alexa: Political Science Social Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Political Science Social Sciences
- DMOZ: Political Science Social Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Political Science Social Sciences