Political science, often nicknamed "polisci," is the academic study of government, and of the social, economic, historical, and other influences on its processes and decision-making. Confucian thought and ancient Greek philosophy originated the field, which grew substantially with the rise of nineteenth century liberalism. Today, it utilizes social science methodology such as content analysis, public opinion surveys, and statistical analysis to create and evaluate generalizations about how government and people behave. Political Science Social Sciences Science.
Political science is a social science discipline that deals with systems of government, and the analysis of political activity and political behaviour. (wikipedia)
- Political Science A social science discipline that deals with systems of government, and the analysis of...
- Political Science (journal) A biannual peer-reviewed academic journal covering political science.
- "Political Science" (song) A song written and performed by singer-songwriter Randy Newman on his 1972 album, Sail Away.
- Defines Political Dictionary www
Defines terms used in discussing national and international politics. Political Dictionary.
- Includes Wikipedia: Comparative Politics www
Includes definition, Comparative Politics, links and comparative strategies. Wikipedia: Comparative Politics.
- The Comparative Constitutions Project www
The intent of the project is to investigate the sources and consequences of constitutional choices. Constitutions Project. Includes faculty, news, publications and courses. Comparative Constitutions Project.
- Provides Political Science and Political Minorities Graduate Political Science Conference www
Provides an overview of the conference, Science and Political Minorities Graduate Political Science Conference, updates, and introductions on how to submit an application for the conference. The submission deadline is February 25, 2002. Political Science and Political Minorities Graduate Political Science Conference.
- International ISPP Annual Meeting Information www
International Society of Political Psychology announces its annual scientific meeting and call for papers. ISPP Annual Meeting Information.
- Independent, Minorities at Risk www
Independent, Risk, university-based research project that monitors and analyzes the status and conflicts of politically-active communal groups. Includes both qualitative and quantitative data. Minorities at Risk.
- Academically-driven European Social Survey (ESS) www
Academically-driven social survey designed to chart and explain the interaction between Europe's changing institutions and the attitudes, Social Survey (ESS), beliefs and behaviour patterns of its diverse populations. European Social Survey (ESS).
- Sponsored Foreign Policy In Focus www
Sponsored by the Institute for Policy Studies and the Interhemispheric Resource Center, Policy In Focus, this site hopes to further popular understanding of the impact of current U.S. policies by providing information and analysis of policy issues and recommending reforms or alternatives. Foreign Policy In Focus.
- Provides TPPR: As it Happens www
Provides current comment on international relations and on developments in British politics. TPPR: As it Happens.
- Présentation Science politique www
Présentation de la discipline, politique, de sa situation au Canada et de son champ d'étude. Article de Reginald Whitaker, professeur d'université, dans l'Encyclopédie canadienne. Science politique.
- Répertoire Travaux universitaires inédits de science politique (TUISP) www
Répertoire de thèses et mémoires soutenus en France à partir de 1962 et intéressant le domaine quelle que soit leur discipline de soutenance. universitaires inédits de science politique (TUISP). Moteur de recherche, index des sujets. Mise à jour chaque année au cours du dernier trimestre. Travaux universitaires inédits de science politique (TUISP).
- The The Social Capital Foundation www
The TSCF is an independent non-profit organization that pursues the promotion of social capital and social cohesion. The Social Capital Foundation.
- Information Eric Voegelin Institute www
Information and links related to the publications and activities of Eric Voegelin, Voegelin Institute, a leading 20th century philosopher and political scientist at the University of Louisiana. Eric Voegelin Institute.
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Alexa: Political Science Social Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Political Science Social Sciences
- DMOZ: Political Science Social Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Political Science Social Sciences