Political philosophy, or philosophy of government, attempts to understand the functioning of civil society and civic participation through rational means. Political Philosophy Political Science Social Sciences Science.
Political philosophy, or political theory, is the study of topics such as politics, liberty, justice, property, rights, law, and the enforcement of a legal code by authority: what they are, why (or even if) they are needed, what, if anything, makes a government legitimate, what rights and freedoms it should protect and why, what form it should take and why, what the law is, and what duties citizens owe to a legitimate government, if any, and when it may be legitimately overthrown, if ever. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Political philosophy, or political theory, is the study of topics such as politics, liberty, justice, property, rights, law, and the enforcement of a laws by authority: what they are, why they are needed, what, if anything, makes a government legitimate, what rights and freedoms it should protect and why, what form it should take and why, what the law is, and what duties citizens owe to a legitimate government, if any, and when it may be legitimately overthrown, if ever.
- Political philosophy Category
- Anarchist schools of thought - Anarchist schools of thought can differ fundamentally, supporting anything from extreme individualism to complete collectivism. Strains of anarchism have often been divided into the categories of social and individualist anarchism or similar dual classifications.
- Consensus decision making - Consensus decision-making is a group decision-making process in which group members develop, and agree to support a decision in the best interest of the whole.
- Consequentialist justifications of the state - Consequentialist justifications of the state are philosophical arguments which contend that the state is justified by the good results it produces.
- Critical theory - Critical Theory is a school of thought that stresses the reflective assessment and critique of society and culture by applying knowledge from the social sciences and the humanities.
- Egalitarianism - Egalitarianism ? or equalitarianism ? is a school of thought that prioritizes equality for all people. Egalitarian doctrines maintain that all humans are equal in fundamental worth or social status, according to the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Engaged theory - Engaged theory is a methodological framework for understanding social complexity. It takes social life or social relations as its base category, with 'the social' always understood as grounded in 'the natural', including humans as embodied beings.
- Philosophy of social science
- Philosophy of science by discipline
- Social philosophy
- Essay The Chains of the Consitution www
Essay exploring the history of American constitutionalism. The Chains of the Consitution.
- All Political Systems www
All the major political systems explained, Systems, from anarchy through capitalism and socialism to theocracy. Political Systems.
- John Serendipity: Liberty and Democracy www
John Stuart Mill's essay On Liberty, Liberty and Democracy,other articles deaing with liberty, freedom and democracy. Serendipity: Liberty and Democracy.
- Survey Equality www
Survey of social and political equality; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Stefan Gosepath. Equality.
- Topics Biblical Theocracy www
Topics discussed include Aristotle's politics, Theocracy, pros and cons of Christian Democracy, the practical possibility of theocracy. Biblical Theocracy.
- The The Nature of Pure Democracy www
The nature and significance of the appearance of democracy in a civilization. The Nature of Pure Democracy.
- Ted Hierarchic Democracy and the Necessity of Mass Civil Disobedience www
Ted Honderich on how gross differentials in economic power, Democracy and the Necessity of Mass Civil Disobedience, and hence political power, make a mockery of conventional assumptions about "liberal democracy", as practiced in the United States and Britain. Hierarchic Democracy and the Necessity of Mass Civil Disobedience.
- Serialized Identities: How Governed, Who Pays? www
Serialized amateur study of group identity politics, How Governed, Who Pays?, social conflict, and political philosophy in history by H.B. Paksoy. Identities: How Governed, Who Pays?.
- Organized Foundations of Political Theory www
Organized section of the American Political Science Association promoting research, Political Theory, teaching, and professional development. News, publications, and awards. Foundations of Political Theory.
- Political Political Thought www
Political blog including religious thought, Thought, current affairs and more. Political Thought.
- Essay Where are the Meek? www
Essay by Barry Lenoardini suggesting a less mechanized approach to the pursuit of one's life. are the Meek?. Author, table of contents and introduction. Where are the Meek?.
- Offering An Ideological Division www
Offering non-traditional definitions of conservatism, Ideological Division, liberalism, libertarianism, socialism, and the role of the moderate An Ideological Division.
- Narrative Republican Manifesto www
Narrative essay advocating individual freedom, Manifesto, supply-side economics, capitalism, the right to work and other features of the American system. Republican Manifesto.
- Modern Sovereignty www
Modern notion of political authority of supreme authority within a territory; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Dan Philpott. Sovereignty.
- Publication How to Make Russia a Normal Country www
Publication by Matthew Maly on Russian transition to democracy and market economy. Make Russia a Normal Country. Bio, resume, articles and books. How to Make Russia a Normal Country.
- Attempts Neoliberalism www
Attempts to summarise neoliberalism as a philosophy, Neoliberalism, not simply as economics. Neoliberalism.
- A School of Cooperative Individualism www
A website introducing visitors to the socio-political philosophy of cooperative individualism, Cooperative Individualism, as espoused by champions of individual liberty Thomas Paine, Henry George and others of like mind. The website also includes an internal search engine and extensive library of reference materials, readings, links to other websites and a discussion forum. School of Cooperative Individualism.
- Political, The Green Book www
Political, Green Book, Economic and Social basis of the 'Third Universal Theory' in the three parts of The Green Book, the philosophy of Muammar Al Qathafi. The Green Book.
- About Radical Centrism.org www
About the philosophical basis of the Radical Middle movement. Centrism.org. Manifesto, papers, and links. Radical Centrism.org.
- The On Equality www
The many principles of equality foisted on egalitarianism, Equality, and their worth by Prof. Ted Honderich. On Equality.
- Links TYSK - The Philosophy of Government Department www
Links to articles and essays on the formulation of the U. The Philosophy of Government Department.S. government from an "original intent" perspective. TYSK - The Philosophy of Government Department.
- Provides American Prophet www
Provides political news, Prophet, commentary and articles with a Christian slant. American Prophet.
- Philosophical Constitutionalism www
Philosophical survey of the idea that government should be limited in its powers by law; from the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy by Wil Waluchow. Constitutionalism.
- A The Briney Ethical Trust www
A qualified public charity established to promote ethics in politics and government. The Briney Ethical Trust.
- A Political Theory Daily Review www
A portal weblog on political theory and philosophy, Theory Daily Review, updated every weekday. Links to articles and essays that can be read free of charge and that are relevant to the field of political theory, broadly conceived to cover a wide range of subjects, perspectives, and methodologies. There are also several supporting pages that serve as guides for resources found online. Political Theory Daily Review.
- Mailing International Political Theory www
Mailing list for anyone interested in discussing the intersection between international relations and political theory. International Political Theory.
- Leading Chronicles: A Magazine of American Culture www
Leading paleoconservative journal, Magazine of American Culture, published by the Rockford Institute. Chronicles: A Magazine of American Culture.
- Articles, Intellectual Conservative www
Articles, Conservative, links, and news resources devoted to classical conservative philosophy and politics. Intellectual Conservative.
- Site Daniel Mandon, la trilogie stéphanoise www
Site littéraire de Daniel Mandon : présentation des trois ouvrages d'une trilogie sur la question identitaire territoriale, Mandon, la trilogie stéphanoise, la question sociale, la question laïque sur le bassin de Saint-Etienne Daniel Mandon, la trilogie stéphanoise.
- Présentation Philosophie politique www
Présentation par Claude Rochet qui aborde la question au travers du thème du Bien Commun, politique, qui est la plus ancienne de la philosophie Philosophie politique.
- Encyclopedia Wikipedia: International Relations Theory www
Encyclopedia article explaining different schools of international relations theory. Wikipedia: International Relations Theory.
- A IR Theory Web Site www
A collection of articles outlining major ideas in the discipline of international relations. Theory Web Site. Also provides related links. IR Theory Web Site.
- Provides Sustainable History www
Provides the ideas and publications of Nayef Al-Rodhan. History. He is a philosopher, neuroscientist and geostrategist and he published books on philosophy, global security and geostrategy. Sustainable History.
- Defines Political Dictionary www
Defines terms used in discussing national and international politics. Political Dictionary.
- Alexa: Political Philosophy Political Science
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Political Philosophy Political Science
- DMOZ: Political Philosophy Political Science
dmoz.org Directory: Political Philosophy Political Science