The modern discipline of psychology finds its roots in medicine and philosophy of the mid 1800s. Its methodologies became largely experimental in nature around the beginning of the 20th Century, and has since become known as “the science of mind and behavior”. Psychology is a broad discipline, stretching from the biological determinants of animal and human behavior through to the social psychology of intergroup relations. Although a lively and growing academic scientific discipline, psychology is also an applied discipline, such that many psychologists consider themselves “scientist-practitioners”. Applications range from clinical psychology through to the psychology of industry and organizations. Psychology Social Sciences Science.
Psychology is the study of behavior and mind, embracing all aspects of conscious and unconscious experience as well as thought. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Psychology is the science of behavior and mind, including conscious and unconscious phenomena, as well as thought. It is an academic discipline of immense scope and diverse interests that, when taken together, seek an understanding of the emergent properties of brains, and all the variety of epiphenomena they manifest. As a social science it aims to understand individuals and groups by establishing general principles and researching specific cases.
- Psychology Category
- Behavioural sciences
- Organization International Union of Psychological Science: IUPsyS www
Organization dedicated to the development, Union of Psychological Science: IUPsyS, representation and advancement of psychology as a basic and applied science. Provides information on membership, conferences, the newsletter and publications, including the International Journal of Psychology. International Union of Psychological Science: IUPsyS.
- This Psychology Suite101.com www
This site focuses on the human mind and behavior, Suite101.com, and more importantly, living healthy and adventurous lives. Part of living fully is being self-confident and phobia-free! Psychology Suite101.com.
- Offers Santa Barbara Graduate Institute www
Offers PhD degrees in somatic psychology and the first MA and PhD degrees in prenatal and perinatal Psychology. Santa Barbara Graduate Institute.
- Provides Clarkson University: Department of Psychology www
Provides information on the undergraduate curriculum, University: Department of Psychology, research projects and the faculty. Clarkson University: Department of Psychology.
- Articles Formative Psychology and Somatic Education www
Articles and books on biological and psychological development of the human being by Stanley Keleman. Formative Psychology and Somatic Education.
- Research Biorhythms and Group Dynamics www
Research information that includes a downloadable program. Biorhythms and Group Dynamics.
- Detailed Canadian Psychological Association www
Detailed site on psychology in Canada. Psychological Association. Available in French and English. Canadian Psychological Association.
- Portal psih.org: psihologija www
Portal connecting those with an interest in psychology from the Balkans region. psihologija. Discussion boards, forums, and forthcoming conferences; includes details of Clinical Psychology at South-East European Universities (CLIPSEE). psih.org: psihologija.
- Glossary Glossary of Terms for the Experimental Analysis of Behavior www
Glossary of basic terms of Behavior Analysis, Terms for the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, plus definitional quotations from classic works. Glossary of Terms for the Experimental Analysis of Behavior.
- Online Positive Reinforcement: A Self-Instructional Exercise www
Online tutorial on positive reinforcement. Reinforcement: A Self-Instructional Exercise. Also serves as an example of the self-instructional "distance learning" exercises used in many Athabasca University (Canada) courses. Positive Reinforcement: A Self-Instructional Exercise.
- Theory Institute of Biocognitive Psychology www
Theory of biocognition views consciousness as inseparable fabric of mind, Biocognitive Psychology, body, and culture of origin. Founded by Dr. Mario E. Martinez. Speaking schedule, and informational products for sale. Institute of Biocognitive Psychology.
- Professional Society of Biological Psychiatry www
Professional association supports research in medical psychiatry with humanitarian, Biological Psychiatry, emotional, psychological, and socio-cultural orientation. Publishes the journal "Biological Psychiatry." Founded 1945. Society of Biological Psychiatry.
- Division AMA - Division 37 - Child, Youth, and Family Services www
Division 37 of the American Psychological Association (Child, Division 37 - Child, Youth, and Family Services, Youth, and Family Services). Includes publications, membership details, convention information, and task forces. AMA - Division 37 - Child, Youth, and Family Services.
- Provides Ask a Child Psychologist www
Provides advice on child development and parenting. Ask a Child Psychologist.
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Alexa: Psychology Social Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Psychology Social Sciences
- DMOZ: Psychology Social Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Psychology Social Sciences