Public Administration is concerned with the management of public sector institutions and programs. Public Administration Social Sciences Science.
Public administration is the implementation of government policy and also an academic discipline that studies this implementation and prepares civil servants for working in the public service. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Public administration is the implementation of government policy and also an academic discipline that studies this implementation and prepares civil servants for working in the public service. As a "field of inquiry with a diverse scope" its "fundamental goal... is to advance management and policies so that government can function." Some of the various definitions which have been offered for the term are: "the management of public programs"; the "translation of politics into the reality that citizens see every day"; and "the study of government decision making, the analysis of the policies themselves, the various inputs that have produced them, and the inputs necessary to produce alternative policies."
- Public administration Category
- Administration (government) - The term administration, as used in the context of government, differs according to jurisdiction.
- Administrative law - Administrative law is the body of law that governs the activities of administrative agencies of government. Government agency action can include rulemaking, adjudication, or the enforcement of a specific regulatory agenda. Administrative law is considered a branch of public law.
- Budgeting - A budget is a financial plan for a defined period of time, usually a year. It may also include planned sales volumes and revenues, resource quantities, costs and expenses, assets, liabilities and cash flows.
- Bureaucracy - Bureaucracy refers to both a body of non-elective government officials and an administrative policy-making group. Historically, a bureaucracy was a government administration managed by departments staffed with non-elected officials.
- Civil society - Civil society is the "aggregate of non-governmental organizations and institutions that manifest interests and will of citizens". Civil society includes the family and the private sphere, referred to as the "third sector" of society, distinct from government and business.
- Community services - Community service is a non-paying job performed by one person or a group of people for the benefit of the community or its institutions. Community service is distinct from volunteering, since it is not always performed on a voluntary basis.
- Subfields of political science
- Public policy
- Management science
- Management education
- Government Public Sector Management www
Government of Western Australia site that provides information and publications related to public sector policies and best practices. Public Sector Management.
- Private The Performance Institute www
Private think tank that focuses on performance-based management practices for government agencies. Performance Institute. Includes information about their conferences, training programs, consulting services and publications. The Performance Institute.
- Forum International Public Management Network www
Forum for sharing ideas and research on alternative approaches to problem solving and decision making in the public sector. Public Management Network. Includes e-journal and conference reports. International Public Management Network.
- Conference Quality Conference for Public Administration in the EU www
Conference held in September. Conference for Public Administration in the EU. Program and papers. Quality Conference for Public Administration in the EU.
- Manual Center for Biosecurity www
Manual for mayors, for Biosecurity, governors and health officials provides guidance on anticipating and averting governing pitfalls that arise during epidemics. Center for Biosecurity.
- Provides GovLeaders.org www
Provides leadership development materials to government managers. GovLeaders.org. Includes management tips, articles on leadership, training information, and leadership quotes. GovLeaders.org.
- Sponsors The Center for The Business of Government www
Sponsors research on new approaches to improving the effectiveness of government. Center for The Business of Government. Includes complete archive of grant reports. The Center for The Business of Government.
- Research National Center for Public Performance (NCPP) www
Research and public service organization devoted to improving productivity in the public sector. Center for Public Performance (NCPP). Includes information on performance measurement, best practices worldwide, and the center's publications. National Center for Public Performance (NCPP).
- Undergraduate Mills College Public Policy Program www
Undergraduate public policy program for women seeking careers as future leaders, College Public Policy Program, policymakers, and policy analysts in the public, private and non-profit sectors. Mills College Public Policy Program.
- School Trachtenberg School at George Washington University www
School of public policy and public administration in Washington, School at George Washington University, DC offers MPA among several graduate programs. Includes department news, curriculum and faculty, admissions and student life information. Trachtenberg School at George Washington University.
- Aims World Observatory of Teaching in Public Affairs www
Aims to identify university level teaching programs in public affairs around the world, Observatory of Teaching in Public Affairs, in order to analyze and compare them and make the information available to the public. World Observatory of Teaching in Public Affairs.
- Provides Potomac Forum www
Provides training workshops for government agencies on issues such as performance management, Forum, outsourcing, enterprise architecture, and capital planning. Potomac Forum.
- Independent The Innovation Journal www
Independent internet-based journal devoted to sharing ideas on public sector innovation. Innovation Journal. Includes archive of case studies and past issues. The Innovation Journal.
- Strives Journal of Public Administration, Research & Theory www
Strives to serve as a bridge between public administration scholarship and public policy studies. Public Administration, Research & Theory. Contains subscription information and abstracts of recent articles. Journal of Public Administration, Research & Theory.
- Quarterly Government Leader Magazine www
Quarterly magazine focused on the practical lessons of how public workers are getting extraordinary things done in government by leading and managing effectively. Government Leader Magazine.
- Monthly Bob Behn's Public Management Report www
Monthly newsletter that examines the challenges and opportunities of leadership, Behn's Public Management Report, management and performance in public agencies. Includes archive of past issues. Bob Behn's Public Management Report.
- Promotes European Group of Public Administration (EGPA) www
Promotes contacts and exchanges among scholars and practitioners of public administration in Europe. Group of Public Administration (EGPA). Includes information about conferences, study groups, and research groups. European Group of Public Administration (EGPA).
- Promotes American Society for Public Administration (ASPA) www
Promotes professionalism in public administration. Society for Public Administration (ASPA). Contains information about membership, publications, conferences, and chapters. American Society for Public Administration (ASPA).
- Julia Big Box Reuse www
Julia Christensen studies and explores how communities reuse empty big box buildings. Box Reuse. Case studies, articles, and presentation schedule. Big Box Reuse.
- Research Center for Land Use Interpretation www
Research organization involved in exploring, for Land Use Interpretation, examining, and understanding land and landscape issues. It employs a variety of methods to pursue its stated aim, engaging in research, classification, extrapolation, and exhibition. Center for Land Use Interpretation.
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Alexa: Public Administration Social Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Public Administration Social Sciences
- DMOZ: Public Administration Social Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Public Administration Social Sciences