Public Administration is concerned with the management of public sector institutions and programs. Public Administration Social Sciences Science.
Public administration is the implementation of government policy and also an academic discipline that studies this implementation and prepares civil servants for working in the public service. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Public administration is the implementation of government policy and also an academic discipline that studies this implementation and prepares civil servants for working in the public service. As a "field of inquiry with a diverse scope" whose fundamental goal is to "advance management and policies so that government can function". Some of the various definitions which have been offered for the term are: "the management of public programs"; the "translation of politics into the reality that citizens see every day"; and "the study of government decision making, the analysis of the policies themselves, the various inputs that have produced them, and the inputs necessary to produce alternative policies."
- Public administration Category
- Administration (government) - The term administration, as used in the context of government, differs according to jurisdiction.
- Administrative law - Administrative law is the body of law that governs the activities of administrative agencies of government. Government agency action can include rulemaking, adjudication, or the enforcement of a specific regulatory agenda. Administrative law is considered a branch of public law.
- Budgeting - A budget is a financial plan for a defined period of time, usually a year. It may also include planned sales volumes and revenues, resource quantities, costs and expenses, assets, liabilities and cash flows.
- Bureaucracy - Bureaucracy refers to both a body of non-elective government officials and an administrative policy-making group. Historically, a bureaucracy was a government administration managed by departments staffed with non-elected officials.
- Civil society - Civil society is the "aggregate of non-governmental organizations and institutions that manifest interests and will of citizens". Civil society includes the family and the private sphere, referred to as the "third sector" of society, distinct from government and business.
- Community services - Community service is a non-paying job performed by one person or a group of people for the benefit of the community or its institutions. Community service is distinct from volunteering, since it is not always performed on a voluntary basis.
- Subfields of political science
- Public policy
- Management education
- Government Executive Magazine www
Monthly publication for senior U. Executive Magazine.S. Government officials. Includes regularly updated features on management, homeland security, defense, outsourcing, procurement, and e-government.
- Government Public Sector Management www
Government of Western Australia site that provides information and publications related to public sector policies and best practices. Public Sector Management.
- Manual Center for Biosecurity www
Manual for mayors, for Biosecurity, governors and health officials provides guidance on anticipating and averting governing pitfalls that arise during epidemics. Center for Biosecurity.
- Forum International Public Management Network www
Forum for sharing ideas and research on alternative approaches to problem solving and decision making in the public sector. Public Management Network. Includes e-journal and conference reports. International Public Management Network.
- Conference Quality Conference for Public Administration in the EU www
Conference held in September. Conference for Public Administration in the EU. Program and papers. Quality Conference for Public Administration in the EU.
- Sponsors The Center for The Business of Government www
Sponsors research on new approaches to improving the effectiveness of government. Center for The Business of Government. Includes complete archive of grant reports. The Center for The Business of Government.
- Research National Center for Public Performance (NCPP) www
Research and public service organization devoted to improving productivity in the public sector. Center for Public Performance (NCPP). Includes information on performance measurement, best practices worldwide, and the center's publications. National Center for Public Performance (NCPP).
- Provides GovLeaders.org www
Provides leadership development materials to government managers. GovLeaders.org. Includes management tips, articles on leadership, training information, and leadership quotes. GovLeaders.org.
- Private The Performance Institute www
Private think tank that focuses on performance-based management practices for government agencies. Performance Institute. Includes information about their conferences, training programs, consulting services and publications. The Performance Institute.
- MPA University of New Haven MPA program www
MPA program at the University of New Haven. New Haven MPA program. Combined MPA/MBA program also available. University of New Haven MPA program.
- Includes University of Alaska Anchorage Masters of Public Administration www
Includes admissions information, Alaska Anchorage Masters of Public Administration, sample course schedules and syllabi, and an archive of MPA program newsletters. University of Alaska Anchorage Masters of Public Administration.
- Provides Canada School of Public Service www
Provides leadership and management training to public sector managers in Canada. School of Public Service. Includes learning tools and information about their courses and research. Canada School of Public Service.
- Provides Potomac Forum www
Provides training workshops for government agencies on issues such as performance management, Forum, outsourcing, enterprise architecture, and capital planning. Potomac Forum.
- Independent The Innovation Journal www
Independent internet-based journal devoted to sharing ideas on public sector innovation. Innovation Journal. Includes archive of case studies and past issues. The Innovation Journal.
- Strives Journal of Public Administration, Research & Theory www
Strives to serve as a bridge between public administration scholarship and public policy studies. Public Administration, Research & Theory. Contains subscription information and abstracts of recent articles. Journal of Public Administration, Research & Theory.
- Quarterly The Public Manager www
Quarterly journal dedicated to encouraging professionalism and high performance by public sector managers. Public Manager. Includes abstracts of articles dating back to 1998. The Public Manager.
- The Andalusian Studies Centre Foundation www
The Fundación Centro de Estudios Andaluce is a non-profit organization of a scientific and cultural nature, Studies Centre Foundation, aiming to provide for the interchange of knowledge between the Andalusian, Spanish and international scientific communities. Andalusian Studies Centre Foundation.
- Works Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network www
Works to make state government fiscally sound, Venture: Silicon Valley Network, smartly managed and publicly accountable. Includes information about projects being undertaken by leaders from business, labor, government, the universities and the non-profit sector. Joint Venture: Silicon Valley Network.
- Includes Land Use Law www
Includes articles, Use Law, cases, ordinances, statutes, and photographs from Professor Daniel R. Mandelker of Washington University. Land Use Law.
- An ArchNet www
An online community and resource for architects, ArchNet, urban designers, landscape architects, planners, and scholars, with a special focus on the Islamic world. ArchNet.
- A SocioSite www
A multi-purpose guide for social scientists. SocioSite. A reference for researching any subject in society. Editor: Dr. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). SocioSite.
- Alexa: Public Administration Social Sciences
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Public Administration Social Sciences
- DMOZ: Public Administration Social Sciences
dmoz.org Directory: Public Administration Social Sciences