This section contains links to research and state of the art technology in Image Processing. Image Processing is the computer manipulation of images. Some of the many algorithms used in image processing include convolution (on which many others are based), FFT, DCT, thinning (or skeletonisation), edge detection and contrast enhancement. These are usually implemented in software but may also use special purpose hardware for speed. Image processing contrasts with computer graphics, which is usually more concerned with the generation of artificial images, and visualisation, which attempts to understand (real-world) data by displaying it as an artificial image (e. Image Processing Electrical Engineering Technology Science.
In imaging science, Image Processing is processing of images using mathematical operations by using any form of signal processing for which the input is an image, a series of images, or a video, such as a photograph or video frame; the output of image processing may be either an image or a set of characteristics or parameters related to the image. (wikipedia)
- 3D reconstruction from multiple images - 3D reconstruction from multiple images is the creation of three-dimensional models from a set of images. It is the reverse process of obtaining 2D images from 3D scenes. The essence of an image is a projection from a 3D scene onto a 2D plane, during which process the depth is lost.
- 3D selfie - A 3D selfie is a 3D-printed scale replica of a person. These three-dimensional selfies are also known as 3D portraits, 3D figurines, 3D-printed figurines, mini-me figurines and miniature statues.
- Abel transform - In mathematics, the Abel transform, named for Niels Henrik Abel, is an integral transform often used in the analysis of spherically symmetric or axially symmetric functions. The Abel transform of a function f is given by...
- ActionShot - ActionShot is a method of capturing an object in action and displaying it in a single image with multiple sequential appearances of the object.
- Adaptive histogram equalization - Adaptive histogram equalization is a computer image processing technique used to improve contrast in images.
- Alpha to coverage - Alpha to coverage is a multisampling computer graphics technique useful for situations where dense foliage or grass must be rendered in a video game.
- Analog image processing - In electrical engineering and computer science, analog image processing is any image processing task conducted on two-dimensional analog signals by analog means.
- Anisotropic diffusion - In image processing and computer vision, anisotropic diffusion, also called Perona?Malik diffusion, is a technique aiming at reducing image noise without removing significant parts of the image content, typically edges, lines or other details that are important for the interpretation of the image.
- Background subtraction - Background subtraction, also known as foreground detection, is a technique in the fields of image processing and computer vision wherein an image's foreground is extracted for further processing. Generally an image's regions of interest are objects in its foreground.
- Bicubic interpolation - In mathematics, bicubic interpolation is an extension of cubic interpolation for interpolating data points on a two-dimensional regular grid. The interpolated surface is smoother than corresponding surfaces obtained by bilinear interpolation or nearest-neighbor interpolation.
- A DResearch GmbH www
A company focused on research and development in the fields of information and communication technologies including compact systems and components for the capture, GmbH, analysis, compression, storage, and transmission of image, video and audio signals. In English and German. DResearch GmbH.
- Technical Efg's Computer Lab www
Technical note about USAF 1951 and Microcopy test targets. Efg's Computer Lab.
- Contains Multimedia Laboratory www
Contains research, Laboratory, publications, and contact information. Multimedia Laboratory.
- Offers Laboratory for Image and Video Engineering www
Offers research and publications from the University of Texas at Austin. Laboratory for Image and Video Engineering.
- Information Quarktet www
Information and software for blind deconvolution algorithms that remove degradations from signals and images. Quarktet.
- Research Signal Compression Lab, University of California at Santa Barbara www
Research center in speech, Compression Lab, University of California at Santa Barbara, audio, image and video processing compression. Signal Compression Lab, University of California at Santa Barbara.
- This CIRES: Content-based Image Retrieval System www
This system employs texture analysis via a Gabor filter bank, Content-based Image Retrieval System, CIE Lab space color histogram, and structural analysis using perceptual grouping principles. CIRES: Content-based Image Retrieval System.
- This Online Image Processing Tools www
This demo allows you to process your own images via the web. Image Processing Tools. Tools include Stereo images, Segmentation, Zerocrossings, Contourlines, Histogram-Transformations, Color-Separations, Anaglyph Creation, Principal Components. Online Image Processing Tools.
- "The Edge Detector Comparison www
"The comparison of edge detection algorithms, Detector Comparison, five edge detectors were evaluated. A masters thesis detailing the description of this comparison is available. This work was published in Patten Analysis and Machine intelligence.",1997. Edge Detector Comparison.
- Article A New Method of Edge Detection www
Article on this subject, New Method of Edge Detection, with a software tool, EdgeDetector, available for download. A New Method of Edge Detection.
- The Vogue home page www
The Video Object Generation Tool with User Environment (VOGUE) is an interactive segmentation tool for the creation of video objects suitable for MPEG-4 encoding. Vogue home page.
- ACM's SIG Multimedia www
ACM's special interest group on multimedia. SIG Multimedia.
- Provides Carlson Center for Imaging Science www
Provides overview of imaging and color sciences, Center for Imaging Science, research topics, training from short distance learning to postgraduate degrees and resources. At the Rochester Institute of Technology, NY. Carlson Center for Imaging Science.
- Explains Confocal Imaging www
Explains how the confocal microscope improves getting better focused images than fluorescent light viewing devices. Imaging. Includes sample photos and a list of applications for this technique. Confocal Imaging.
- A EE Compendium www
A collection of information for electronics engineers, Compendium, students, and hobbyists. Includes books and publications, as well as information on components and tools. EE Compendium.
- Blog Electrotechnik www
Blog on Electrical Engineering, Electrotechnik, carrying articles of interest to the electrical engineer along with news from the industry. Electrotechnik.
- Alexa: Image Processing Electrical Engineering
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Image Processing Electrical Engineering
- DMOZ: Image Processing Electrical Engineering
dmoz.org Directory: Image Processing Electrical Engineering