Electric vehicles are vehicles which use one or more electric motors for propulsion. They include electric cars, trains, airplanes, boats, motorcycles and scooters. Electric Vehicles Transportation Energy Technology Science.
An electric vehicle ( EV ), also referred to as an electric drive vehicle, uses one or more electric motors or traction motors for propulsion. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: An electric vehicle, also called an electric drive vehicle, uses one or more electric motors or traction motors for propulsion. An electric vehicle may be powered through a collector system by electricity from off-vehicle sources, or may be self-contained with a battery, solar panels or an electric generator to convert fuel to electricity. EVs include road and rail vehicles, surface and underwater vessels, electric aircraft and electric spacecraft. EVs first came into existence in the mid-19th century, when electricity was among the preferred methods for motor vehicle propulsion, providing a level of comfort and ease of operation that could not be achieved by the gasoline cars of the time. Modern internal combustion engines have been the dominant propulsion method for motor vehicles for almost 100 years, but electric power has remained commonplace in other vehicle types, such as trains and smaller vehicles of all types.
- Battery electric vehicle - A battery electric vehicle, battery-only electric vehicle, full electric vehicle or all-electric vehicle is a type of electric vehicle that uses chemical energy stored in rechargeable battery packs. BEVs use electric motors and motor controllers instead of internal combustion engines for propulsion.
- Bumper cars - Bumper cars or dodgems is the generic name for a type of flat ride consisting of several small electrically powered cars which draw power from the floor and/or ceiling, and which are turned on and off remotely by an operator. They are also known as bumping cars, dodging cars and dashing cars.
- Dual-mode vehicle - A dual-mode vehicle is a vehicle that can run on conventional road surfaces or a dedicated track known as a "guideway".
- Electrathon - An electrathon is a competition to go the farthest in one hour powered only by commercial rechargeables batteries weighing no more than. The record is as of February 2011.
- Electric bicycle - An electric bicycle, also known as an e-bike, powerbike or booster bike, is a bicycle with an integrated electric motor which can be used for propulsion.
- Electric car use by country - Electric car use by country presents the adoption of plug-in electric vehicles around the world.The popularity of electric vehicles has been expanding rapidly due to government subsidies, their increased range, and environmental sensitivity.
- Electric vehicles
- Sustainable transport
- A Austin Area Electric Vehicle Association www
A group of people who gather to discuss electric vehicle technologies and construction. Area Electric Vehicle Association. Also a photo album with full specifications of the electric cars and trucks owned and built by members. Austin Area Electric Vehicle Association.
- Offers Two Cents per Mile: Will President Obama Make it Happen? www
Offers a book about electric cars and vehicles and why EV's are not used today as an alternative to oil and internal combustion engines. Cents per Mile: Will President Obama Make it Happen?. Two Cents per Mile: Will President Obama Make it Happen?.
- EVs Driving the Future www
EVs compared with hybrids, the Future, fuel-cell vehicles, and gasoline-powered vehicles for pollution, energy, practicality. Letter-writing site to support the requirement that some percent of new cars be EVs by 2003. Driving the Future.
- Blog RollingCar www
Blog discussing vehicles such as concept cars, RollingCar, open-source cars, zero-emission, electric and ecological vehicles. RollingCar.
- Manufacturer Curtis Instruments, Inc. www
Manufacturer of instruments and motor speed controllers for battery-powered and electric vehicles and equipment. Curtis Instruments, Inc..
- Frank Electric Vehicles www
Frank Didik designs vehicles powered by a variety of propulsion systems including human, Vehicles, solar, electric and hybrid systems. They are made to order and can be modified to fit the individual buyer's specific needs. Electric Vehicles.
- Develops A123 Systems www
Develops and manufactures advanced technology lithium-ion battery packs. Systems. Offers custom solutions for their incorporation into electric vehicles. A123 Systems.
- Nonprofit Electrathon America www
Nonprofit group that organizes electric vehicle sport competitions with the goal of promoting efficient design and technology. Electrathon America.
- Provides DriveEV www
Provides technical information and personal experience regarding converting a gas vehicle to a battery based electric vehicle. DriveEV.
- Provides Built For Fun Electric Vehicles www
Provides plans and designs for small powered electric vehicles for kids including trike, For Fun Electric Vehicles, scooter and kart projects. Built For Fun Electric Vehicles.
- Includes Econogics Electric Vehicle Index www
Includes a wealth of information and an excellent history of electric vehicles. Electric Vehicle Index. Also includes info on the Electric Vehicle Council of Ottawa and their annual Electrathon. Econogics Electric Vehicle Index.
- Encourages Electric Vehicle History - Online Archive www
Encourages electric vehicle enthusiasts to help preserve the recent history of electric vehicles by posting to online archive, Vehicle History - Online Archive, where other contributions are available to be read. Electric Vehicle History - Online Archive.
- About EV World www
About advanced electric cars, World, hybrid-electric and fuel cell vehicles. EV World.
- Proposed Cybertran Information www
Proposed electric car/ train which would hold from six to thirty passengers for commuting into and out of urban areas. Cybertran Information.
- An Electrifying Times Magazine www
An international magazine with news and information about electric vehicles. Electrifying Times Magazine.
- Car Formula Lightning: West Virginia University www
Car specifications, Lightning: West Virginia University, race schedule, and team roster. Formula Lightning: West Virginia University.
- Contains EV Hub www
Contains articles, Hub, product-comparisons, and business-to-business tools concerning electric vehicles. EV Hub.
- Provides Cool Electric Cars www
Provides a guide to electric cars for the ordinary person. Electric Cars. Also provides information on other electric vehicles, electric bikes, scooters, NEVs and golf carts. Cool Electric Cars.
- Electric Urbanmover - Electric Vehicle Manufacturer and Distributor www
Electric Vehicle Manufacturer and Distribution Company offering Electric Bicycles, Electric Vehicle Manufacturer and Distributor, Electric Scooters, Electric Motor Bikes, Electric Quads, Electric ATVs Urbanmover - Electric Vehicle Manufacturer and Distributor.
- A NEDRA: National Electric Drag Racing Association www
A coalition aimed at increasing public awareness of electric vehicle (EV) performance and to encourage through competition, National Electric Drag Racing Association, advances in electric vehicle technology. NEDRA: National Electric Drag Racing Association.
- The Documentation: Auranthetic Charger www
The Auranthetic Charger was a small electric motorcycle produced in California in the 1970's. Auranthetic Charger. Links to assembly instructions, parts locator and a forum. Documentation: Auranthetic Charger.
- Design Bristol Electric Vehicle Study www
Design information for electric vehicle builders. Electric Vehicle Study. Includes mathematics and design specifications. Bristol Electric Vehicle Study.
- Designs JIABAO E-Vehicle Co. www
Designs and manufactures a wide range of electric bikes and accessories. JIABAO E-Vehicle Co..
- Manufacturer BionX www
Manufacturer of bicycle electric assist kit and assisted bicycles. BionX.
- Electric Fox Valley Electric Auto Association www
Electric Vehicle club serving the greater Chicagoland area, Valley Electric Auto Association, suburbs, Southern Wisconsin and Northern Indiana. Fox Valley Electric Auto Association.
- Offers Electric Car Owners Club www
Offers an historical perspective on electric car construction and technology, Car Owners Club, specifically on the Didik vehicle. Includes a scanned library dating back to the 1880's. Electric Car Owners Club.
- Information Research Hybrids www
Information resource about hybrid cars and their ecological efficiency. Hybrids. Includes charts, review, articles and comparison tools. Research Hybrids.
- Develops Azure Dynamics www
Develops proprietary electric and hybrid electric drive technology for light and heavy duty commercial vehicles. Dynamics. Provides fuel-economy services. Azure Dynamics.
- Retailer MyEBike.biz www
Retailer of a range of electric bicycles, MyEBike.biz, electric scooters and other hybrid vehicles. MyEBike.biz.
- Global The International Light Electric Vehicle Association www
Global trade association to develop technical standards for LEVs and promote the use of LEVs worldwide. The International Light Electric Vehicle Association.
- Wikipedia Grid energy storage www
Wikipedia entry. Grid energy storage.
- Google Pumped storage for renewable energy www
Google sci. storage for renewable energy.energy group discussion compares pumped storage to Compressed Air Energy Storage, asks why the space cannot be used for nuke waste. Pumped storage for renewable energy.
- Information Hydrogen Motors www
Information on alternative fuel for vehicles, Motors, and how it works. Contains details on different models being made by companies, and blog including recent developments. Hydrogen Motors.
- Information Honda Fuel Cell www
Information about Honda's new vehicle that runs on a fuel cell. Fuel Cell. Includes news articles and videos. Honda Fuel Cell.
- Performs Argonne National Laboratory Transportation Research www
Performs research in advanced automotive technologies such as hybrid electric vehicles, National Laboratory Transportation Research, emissions reduction, and clean diesel engines. Argonne National Laboratory Transportation Research.
- Shahriar Gyroscope Motor www
Shahriar Yazdani describes his research into non-reaction torque drive, Motor, a new generation of rotary motors not needing a fixed support, gyroscopic stabilizers and gyroscopic energy saver couplings. Gyroscope Motor.
- Alexa: Electric Vehicles Transportation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Electric Vehicles Transportation
- DMOZ: Electric Vehicles Transportation
dmoz.org Directory: Electric Vehicles Transportation